• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Do You Want a Proper Jimmy Olsen?

ManWithNoName18

Sidekick
Reaction score
In the ultimate cut that CIA guy was a mole in the Daily Planet trying to get close to the African Warlord in BVS. In the UC Snyder revealed later on that character was Jimmy Olsen, and is even referred to as Jimmy Olsen in the credits.

Zack Snyder was never a fan of the character, in an interview he said that he originally wanted use the death of Jimmy for shock factor alone. And that he didn't have a spot for him in his DCEU.

However looks like Snyder won't be coming back for MOS 2. And luckily "Jimmy" or any other character never referred to him as being Jimmy Olsen in Batman V Superman TC.

Would you like to see a proper Jimmy Olsen in the DCEU

Last edited:
Not even named in the theatrical cut? Fair game, 100%.

Yes. Give Clark a non super powered, non romantic friend.

Yes. I want Jimmy. I want more DP in the next film.

Yes, definitely. Clark needs more friends than Lois and his mom.

i dont think hes all that important but they could easily just do a fakeout and say that CIA guy was his older brother James Olsen. Kinda what smallville did. Some were saying his codename Talon implied he was gonna come back to life, court of owls style.

Yes. Jimmy is great character and honestly the Daily Planet feels incomplete without him.

dWEyA.gif

Yes and it's very easily solved. Just say the CIA used his identity as a cover.

Although I don't think I'd be devastated if we never got him.

Jimmy is dead, don't pull some Small ville crap by not having Jimmy be Jimmy but having his brother be the real Jimmy who looks just like the dead one.
I'd prefer they build a relationship with another DP character.

The Smallville thing was stupid because we got to know that character for three whole seasons before having the rug pulled out from under us.

We got to know this "Jimmy" for about 120 seconds, and never even heard his name in the theatrical cut, before we watched him catch a bullet.

Not remotely the same, don't even compare the two.

That may be why it was stupid to you but to me it was stupid because it was a dumb way to retcon a decision the show made and they should have stuck with it. I didn't care about Jimmy in the least on that show; but don't pull some dumb soap opera crap like 'Jimmy in BvS wasn't Jimmy and the real Jimmy was in a coma and his DNA was used to make a clone'. Jimmy's dead let's look to the future.
Characters should only come back from the dead if it makes sense ala Capt. America being frozen, Superman being Superman, The Winter Soldier, Batman not really dying (ala Bale). The DCEU takes place in the real world, they shot Jimmy in the head and he should never come back.
Lombard, Perry, or Jenny can be Clark's friends.

Last edited:
That may be why it was stupid to you but to me it was stupid because it was a dumb way to retcon a decision the show made and they should have stuck with it. I didn't care about Jimmy in the least on that show; but don't pull some dumb soap opera crap like 'Jimmy in BvS wasn't Jimmy and the real Jimmy was in a coma and his DNA was used to make a clone'. Jimmy's dead let's look to the future.
Characters should only come back from the dead if it makes sense ala Capt. America being frozen, Superman being Superman, The Winter Soldier, Batman not really dying (ala Bale). The DCEU takes place in the real world, they shot Jimmy in the head and he should never come back.
Lombard, Perry, or Jenny can be Clark's friends.
Just go with BH/HHH's idea. The CIA guy was just some agent using Jimmy's identity as a cover. Problem solved, no need for clones or "dumb soap opera crap".

I think if they do have a Jimmy Olsen in the movies he should be played by a tall, well built Black man. Perhaps a retired basketball or NFL player. Is Kobe Bryant too old?

Just go with BH/HHH's idea. The CIA guy was just some agent using Jimmy's identity as a cover. Problem solved, no need for clones or "dumb soap opera crap".

Yeah it's simple and it can be sorted with a single line of dialogue :up:

I'm willing to write off the ultimate cut as non-canon. It wasn't the one released in the cinema so it's not like many will scratch their heads wondering who this new Jimmy Olsen.

I'm willing to write off the ultimate cut as non-canon. It wasn't the one released in the cinema so it's not like many will scratch their heads wondering who this new Jimmy Olsen.

Jimmy's fate represents everything that is wrong with the first grouping of DC's DCEU films, so I will gladly accept that it was not the real Jimmy.

The DCEU Clark Kent could use some friends. This Superman feels a bit isolated at the moment because the only people in his life he is close to appear to be his girlfriend (Lois), mother and super friends (JL probably). Jimmy offers a opportunity to introduce a normal friend Clark can interact with. Jimmy would also offer a ordinary persons view of Superman that isn't just a talking head.

Would like to see a proper Jimmy, but I'm not gonna be that upset if he doesn't show up.

It seems like no one can get Jimmy right. Now even on the TV show they have given up on having Jimmy as a photographer and Kara has exiled him to the friend zone.
So now Jimmy is going to turn into a vigilante called Guardian.

Not me. He's always come off silly to me, except when he got popped on BVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"