Apocalypse Do you want another Quicksilver sequence in the next X-men movie?

RLAAMJR.

Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend
Reaction score
Just wondering because some people think they don't want the same thing done over and over again.

images

I voted "yes" because it's really an awesome scene and people will still be amazed to see another Quicksilver sequence again. especially the non superhero movie and non comic fans.. :)

No. Why do people want to see the same thing repeated in every film? Go watch your DVDs/BRs if you want to see that

I would be shocked if it didn't happen. It's the most cited highlight of this one. The challenge is yeah, making it somehow feel fresh and not akin to drilling a bad meme into the ground.

I would be shocked if it didn't happen. It's the most cited highlight of this one. The challenge is yeah, making it somehow feel fresh and not akin to drilling a bad meme into the ground.

So true. :)

you cant. The thing cant be done 3 films in a row and feel fresh. It felt like a cheap gimmick in this one. The next would be completely overkill and would possibly hurt the film more than help it

you cant. The thing cant be done 3 films in a row and feel fresh. It felt like a cheap gimmick in this one. The next would be completely overkill and would possibly hurt the film more than help it
Agreed.

If magneto can through the same arc in every movie he's in without Fox giving a ****, then quicksilver will probably have more sequences

if you don't give him another sequence like that then you are still gonna have to play with his powers in a light fun way because that has gone down really well with the audience.

Last edited:
I prefer him to do something during battle or more interesting, than scene long as song.

We don't have to have an elaborate "Quicksilver sequence" again but Quicksilver can still display his powers in a way that makes him the standout in the film like his little moment where he fought Apocalypse. Find new ways to display his powers instead of another slow mo sequence here he listens to an era-appropriate pop song.

For the record, I loved the "Sweet Dreams" sequence but we can't do that again.

There was even a Quicksilver sequence in Angry Birds movie, if in case you all didn't know.

They need to read the comics and see what other cool things he has done with his powers...

Running up walls and running across water would be something we haven't seen him do yet, although The Flash has done those in the TV show. Or how about reading secret files at superspeed?

This Marvel.wikia.com entry on Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver is pretty good:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Pietro_Maximoff_(Earth-616)

And, while we are at it, the same website's entry on Storm/Ororo Monroe is also pretty good...

And I quite like this Comicvine piece on Storm's powers as well.

Some things might be too intricate or subtle for the big screen, but there's some interesting ideas in there.

It'll happen, and the scope will be increased again, but it shouldn't. Give another X-Man a highlight sequence - Nightcrawler is primed for a new one

They need to read the comics and see what other cool things he has done with his powers...

Running up walls and running across water would be something we haven't seen him do yet, although The Flash has done those in the TV show. Or how about reading secret files at superspeed?

This Marvel.wikia.com entry on Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver is pretty good:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Pietro_Maximoff_(Earth-616)

And, while we are at it, the same website's entry on Storm/Ororo Monroe is also pretty good...

And I quite like this Comicvine piece on Storm's powers as well.

Some things might be too intricate or subtle for the big screen, but there's some interesting ideas in there.

He ran on the wall in DOFP, I wouldn't say they haven't totally done everything they knew they could get away

dont see how it is overdone the dofp and XMA scenes are completely different and tons of time and care is put into these sequences

it took 2-3 months to shoot the quicksilver scene

If they do it again it's bound to be as different as they can make it, but there is no way they ain't gonna have quicksilver doing his thing that goes down well with the audience while showing his comedic personality.

They can do something with nightcrawler too.

dont see how it is overdone the dofp and XMA scenes are completely different and tons of time and care is put into these sequences

it took 2-3 months to shoot the quicksilver scene

2-3 months too long. Its not completely different. Its a rehash of the same gimmick. Its no longer novel or impressive

No thanks. I'd rather see Quicksilver and Mystique move on to X-Factor. I'd rather see the X-Men add new members to the current team of, Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix and Nightcrawler. IMO, Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue, Colossus, Bishop, Shadowcat and Iceman all belong on the X-Men more than Mystique and Quicksilver do, particularly when both of them on the X-Men gets in the way of X-Factor even existing.

NO.

There are a ton of mutants still waiting to get a standout scene. When are they going to devote 2-3 months to shoot an impressive Storm sequence? Under Singer, probably never.

Yes, especially if they do something different with it narratively.

Like I think it could be used to great effect for a self-sacrifice scene.

Last edited:
I would rather take 2 months to film some awesomely insane battle with everyone. This franchise is also dying for another Nightcrawler assault. A Storm showcase would be great too.

I don't want another sequence and think we should quit while we are ahead, but the GA loves Evan. So we should come up with something new that can get everyone involved and is more organic to the story. I thought the Sweet Dreams one would've been a good place for Peter to be panicking as he tried to save everyone. Perhaps in the next film they'll put him through the wringer.

I want one, but put a spin on it. Like him doing it for a prank and not to save everyone again. I think the Quicksilver scene could be the best spot to have a Deadpool cameo, with him commenting about the weirdness of the scene and the same old sheit every time.

I want one, but put a spin on it. Like him doing it for a prank and not to save everyone again. I think the Quicksilver scene could be the best spot to have a Deadpool cameo, with him commenting about the weirdness of the scene and the same old sheit every time.

While i think the quicksilver and deadpool comedic dynamic would be interesting... it wouldn't be a good idea to throw deadpool into movies just to tell the audience hey isn't this weird? why are you even watching this?

You don't want deadpool to be like a critic in the actual movie, that would not do this franchise any favours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"