Do you want costume changes for the solo film?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by SirThomasSharpe, Mar 17, 2016.

?

DO you want Spidey to get a suit change for his solo film?

1. Yes! Give him a new suit.

2. Keep the CW suit, but make minor changes.

3. NO changes! Keep the CW suit the way it is.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

Maybe. Again one certain Studio that Movie Department is going to be bankrupt in some years IS APPARENTLY making a film of one certain Symbiote so...

2. harryoscop Registered

I wonder if by "extreme", he means a variation on the classic suit like Reilly
    [​IMG]

Or maybe Iron Spider suit
    [​IMG]

Or... Ends of the earth:
    [​IMG]

3. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

I think he meant more the Cyber Armed Spidey and others like Dusk.
    But to be honest the only suit which you mentioned, that i want to see because it could fit perfectly if they buid it up to Phase 4:
    [​IMG]

4. harryoscop Registered

I really hope we don't ever see them doing those looks or storylines on film.

5. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

Hopefully (Although i do like the Prodigy suit)
    Hopefully we get less the Identity Crisises and more the Master Planners, more the Last Hunt, more the Other?, more the Ends of Earth.

6. InspecktahDeck Registered

Get rid of the random black shapes to break up the red, and as he grows older give him web-pits and McFarlane eyes.

7. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

i am sure like the rest have had in the mcu spidey will get changes too. Now i bet we only see minor tweaks like change of a logo, or a slight change to mask or what not. As for a totally new suit i would only want to see a totally new suit if we where to do symboite(i hope the non connected venom film doesnt happen), iron spider, or any of the other armored suits down the road.

8. Gavan Registered

Just remove the black parts, make the web lines stand out more (but not raised again) and perhaps a bigger chest spider and it's pretty much perfect.

9. UltimateMarvel Registered

I want subtle changes, like what they did with Cap's suit from AoU to CW
    [​IMG]

10. TheGearMan Hero

Personally, I thought Cap's suit in AoU was perfect, I saw no need to change it. The things I miss the most are the brighter shade of red and the white on the biceps.

11. harryoscop Registered

The Russos preferred a darker colored Cap, I guess. And I think we're in luck regarding Spidey because the suit we see in CW is his final suit. (CW is the origin of 'the' costume) So we're probably going to get minor changes like the Cap suits above.

I personally think they should make the black stripes blue, to make it more streamlined but keep the aerodynamic look that the suit has. That's what I hope for. (I wouldnt fret if they removed them altogether, though, I just like the added additions because it makes the suit look sleek and MCU-ish)

#36 harryoscop, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  12. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

Maybe getting rid of the belt and having a modified version of the classic belt (maybe having also the black lines)
    It's hard to think what to get out of the suit because it works so well as of now.

13. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

I am sure like others we will see minor touch ups and alterations to suit. But mostly stay pretty same. Again if we see a completely new design that likely be left for if or when we see symbiote suit, iron spider or any other key or big armored suits.

14. harryoscop Registered

So far i've predicted that 1) the suit would be Romita/Ditko inspired and not reuse TASM2 lenses 2) Spidey's actor wouldn't go over the age of twenty 3) All of Midtown would be 14-20 year-old actors
    Prediction number 4 came true://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=33160013&postcount=8

Seriously, guys, am I Psychic??

15. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Well, you got Harrier wrong. :o

16. Loden Greatstorm I like turtles

17. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

If they would just take off the damn black lines intersecting through the arms and the boots and the busyness of the legs, this would be a flawless suit but those things make me only like the suit about a 75-80%.

I love the mask, the belt, the color scheme, the giant tick on the back, and the webshooters being more prominent but the stupid lines and busyness turns me off a bit.

18. harryoscop Registered

Close enough. :oldrazz:

19. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Easy fixes:

• Remove the black accents, no need for 'em.
    • Thicken and darken the webbing so it looks noticeable/black all the time as opposed to in shady areas.
    • Ditch the blue design on the blue sections of the suit. Again, no need for 'em.

That's pretty much it.

20. Godzillasaurus Someone with no strings

I am content with the costume design we have now, but subtle tone touch-ups, detail additions, coloration ratios, etc. wouldn't hurt, as I don't believe one costume design for any of our heroes has been shared between different films. There have always been transformations here and there, even when the general traits remain largely identical.

So yeah, like the very precise detail changes between the AoU Cap suit and the CW version

21. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

[​IMG]

22. Boom I got nothin'

If they absolutely want the black accents on the suit, I'd simply have them frame the red sections (like how the frame the torso and boots). Just ditch the shoulder pieces and the the forearm glove pieces.

23. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Hey just keep the logo and the backspider those are what give the suit it's uniqueness.

24. Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

The shoulders are the only areas I like the black accents. Everywhere else is just needlessly distracting/busy.

25. auditor Registered

with my former screen name of A&W I predicted Ben Affleck would be Batman in the man of steel sequel.