Do You Want Gal Gadot Back As Wonder Woman For The New DCU?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
Gunn and Safran said they’re open to Gal returning to the role but what about you guys? For me personally I’d rather they recast and go with someone else and do a hard reboot.

On the fence tbh. I like Gal as Wonder Woman and I'm open to her coming back but I don't think she's perfect for the role either. I think you could get somebody else for the role that could do better. Either way I don't care which direction they go in.

Last edited:
I think Gal was pretty great. But 4 films was still plenty.

I'd like a new WW, along with the new Supes/Bats.

Despite Gunn saying the door is left open im of the belief that the rest of Chapter 1 will include a new Flash, And Wonder Woman at some point, maybe even Aquaman so with that being said Im expecting new casting.

If they're recasting Superman and Batman they might as well recast Wonder Woman too.

No more half measures.

I'm not gonna say there's no point in a recast but yes, I do like Gal in the role and would like if she continues.

Sure, it'd make more sense to recast, but Gunn isn't recasting Viola Davis as Waller, and chances are he'll be keeping people he's worked with directly, and he's left the door open for others to come back. So yeah, I'd be fine with Gal still in the role.

Gal’s WW was always my favorite DCEU actor so I’d want to keep her, but I’d understand if she were recast at this point. She has had 4 film appearances and will end up having 6 that spans nearly 10 years since the day she was cast. That’s way more than a lot of people in both the DCEU and MCU.

I don't want Gal connected to this new universe, because that just would not work.

If they have a story they want to tell for a Wonder Woman 3, by all means bring her back for that and finish her story off, but having her show up and interacting with the new Superman and the new Batman would just be more confusing than anything unless you are doing a No Way Home type of crossover.

I love her in the role, and from a selfish perspective I'd love to see her continue. But ultimately I want whatever's best for this new universe. And if that means recasting, then so be it.

A recast may be inevitable , but at this point, I see no need to rush in recasting and rebooting the character.

In other words, leave the character off the canvas for a few years , which is likely to happen anyway I suspect.

There's no point in trying to rush a recast of Diana for the sake of having a new Wonder Woman for the new DCU, right now, at least.

Presuming the new tv series is based on a Paradise Island for the new continuity , focus on building up that version of Paradise Island and it's mythos first.

Then , they can eventually introduce their version of Wonder Woman with a new actress.

But ,I just don't see a need for them rush the casting of a new WW the way they have to get in gear to start casting a new Superman.

Adria Arjona and Jessica Henwick Supremacy
Haha yep, people suggested Henwick for Lois Lane. If we got both the above for WW and Lane then crazy hype times here. :cwink:

At this point in time they have to recast Wonder Woman. Gal will turn 38 this year. They need a younger actress for the next chapter of the DCU for the immortal(and demigod) Wonder Woman.

Will I miss her?
No. She did her part and now it's time to move on.

Give me life...

1N5M5mc.png

Or give me liberty...

C0XUJY3.png

AND NOTHING ELSE

I wish Jenkins had got to make Wonder Woman 3 with Gal but ultimately I'm not all that interested in Gal without Jenkins. So, don't really care.

Gunn and Safran said they’re open to Gal returning to the role but what about you guys? For me personally I’d rather they recast and go with someone else and do a hard reboot.

I'm not even convinced that they said this much. Notice how the name "Wonder Woman" was never explicitly mentioned here.

We’ve talked to Gal [Gadot]. She’s up for doing stuff. We’re not sure what we’re going to do with that.

They were being very careful with their language. And that last part especially reeks of uncertainty.

With the character "potentially" having multiple upcoming appearances, there's no way they'd outright say she's outta the role. She is the, however, the only one that does not have a "confirmed" upcoming appearance. Nothing was spoken of Miller and Momoa/The Flash and Aquaman either because they at least have tentpole films that they'd like to have some kinda return on.

2024, with Superman Legacy underway and everything in the rear view mirror will be singing a very different tune about a "potential" Gadot (and for that matter, Miller and Momoa) return to their original characters. Gotta imagine some of the projects in development that they "can't" or are not ready to talk about yet involve these characters they're just waiting to fade out of the role post '23.

She sure looked the part... but she is a pretty horrible actress. I'd prefer they brought in someone with better acting chops to give us a little more nuanced of a performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"