Arrow Do you want Laurel killed off?

You know... a Canary/Huntress sister duo actually doesn't sound too bad. They already messed up the first Huntress, so having Laurel replace her wouldn't really be all that terrible.

And Thea went through traumatic experiences as well. Even worse I would think. Laurel lost Tommy, but Thea is the one with a parent partially responsible for almost 500 deaths. And she got kidnapped and almost killed as well. And let's not forget all the secrets that slowly came to light during the trial. Yet she's way more stable than Laurel. Though that could potentially change once she discovers the really big secret.

What a crock of ****. Being kidnapped by the creepiest bastard in the TV DCU and having a that tube shoved down her throat is far worse than Thea's problems. But then again you are so rabid in your hatred that you need shots so I expect that from you.

^ If she wasn't already used to being constantly kidnapped and constantly having her life in danger, then sure. Also if her being that mentally scarred from that experience as opposed to it being entirely fan speculation then sure.

I never got all the hate for the Huntress.She was in three freakin' episodes.I'm sure given more time,they'd have developed the character better (beyond the whole "I'm gonna kill my dad!" thing).

^ If she wasn't already used to being constantly kidnapped and constantly having her life in danger, then sure.

The Dollmaker was her second kidnapping. Not enough for constant. She had her life in danger 3 more times I think so that was 4 times last season & 1 this season not enough for constantly either.

I never got all the hate for the Huntress.She was in three freakin' episodes.I'm sure given more time,they'd have developed the character better (beyond the whole "I'm gonna kill my dad!" thing).

^ It was the actress. She couldn't act. That and her two-parter are two of the most poorly written episodes in the whole show.

The Dollmaker was her second kidnapping. Not enough for constant. She had her life in danger 3 more times I think so that was 4 times last season & 1 this season not enough for constantly either.

The point is that her being in those situations is nothing new to her. Thus you can't make me buy that she would seem ok after everything that happened in season 1 but then suddenly she gets kidnapped again and GASP! She's a completely different character altogether.

Last edited:
The dad killing isn't an issue, the problem is that they turned her into a cop killer, and that she didn't shy away from hurting people close to Ollie, in order to accomplish her goals. She's not simply single minded, she's completely psychotic.

I would have given the Huntress a break if she hadn't gone full psycho and killed all those US Marshalls.

Edit:

Damn I agreed with Nathan, the world will end soon.

Having watched the first season again recently,I don't think DeGouw was as bad as she's made out to be.It's a CW show.Her acting wasn't worse than any other CW actress.

Well,they mishandled the character from the get-go,I won't deny that.

^ It is a problem on the show though because the show is far better than anything else on the CW.

No it isn't.

It kind of is.

The only other bad thing that happened to her was getting kidnapped by the Doll Maker. That's not "crisis after crisis" and she doesn't seem anywhere as disturbed by that as the the Tommy thing.
1) Tommy (her ex-boyfriend) dies.

2) She comes to the realization that it was her fault that he died.

3) She turns to drugs.

4) She is almost killed right in front of her father.

5) She is forced to try and send her best friend's mother to jail.

Those sound like crises to me.

And Thea went through traumatic experiences as well. Even worse I would think.

...Thea was a drug addict.

...Yet she's way more stable than Laurel.
Thea and Laurel aren't all that different. They've both been through traumatic experiences that they had unhealthy responses to. The difference between them is that Thea was allowed to become a stronger and better person as a result of those experiences; Laurel has not. It doesn't mean she won't, however.

Make Laurel the new Huntress instead. :o

I...don't think I would mind that, actually.

^ If she wasn't already used to being constantly kidnapped and constantly having her life in danger, then sure. Also if her being that mentally scarred from that experience as opposed to it being entirely fan speculation then sure.

...do you not watch the show? It was clear as day. There's nothing speculative about it.

Last edited:
Having watched the first season again recently,I don't think DeGouw was as bad as she's made out to be.It's a CW show.Her acting wasn't worse than any other CW actress.

She was only terrible when she had to express strong emotion. I re-watched her episodes the other day and straight up laughed whenever she tried to express rage and heartbreak. It was really bad. It was like she wasn't even trying.

I'd expect a character like Laurel to have a better coping mechanism. Not only did she lose her boyfriend, she also lost her sister, who said boyfriend used to cheat on her. Her father got lost in his work and turned into an alcoholic, and her mother left because she couldn't cope with the loss of their daughter, and the fact that her husband was emotionally absent as well. And at the beginning of the Season, Laurel seemed to be doing pretty well for herself. So you'd assume those events in her life forged her pretty well.

But then season 2 happened and you realize she's just a totally fragile and broken individual.

Exactly its out of character, that's not her at all. The writers took a wrong turn this season because they wanted to please people who didn't like her in season one, instead of just fixing what was wrong in S1 they ended up completely changing the character into what she isn't, and making people hate her even more, well done writers. The character wouldn't be in this much of a mess if they didn't allow themselves to be easily influenced and then selling out on their characters.

I don't think its fair to hate on her for this season, she isn't herself, she has been OOCed into what writers thought the fans, ( you) wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"