Justice League Do You Want Ryan Reynolds To Return As Green Lantern In The Snyder Cut?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
If the character of Hal Jordan is in the Snyder Cut, Would you want Reynolds to reprise the role, or you do want another actor to play the role?

As many of you guys know I actually thought the Green Lantern movie wasn't as bad as people make it out to be and very salvageable. So I would love to see double R back as New52 Hal Jordan.

As many of you guys know I actually thought the Green Lantern movie wasn't as bad as people make it out to be and very salvageable. So I would love to see double R back as New52 Hal Jordan.

Oh, no, Frat Hal? The guy who didn't even know who Bruce Wayne was? By the by, I've always drawn parallels between Bruce Wayne and JFK Jr... doesn't matter where you lived in the US, if you were alive when JFK Jr. was popular, you would have known who he was, so Hal not knowing who Bruce Wayne was was just another of Johns' confusing dumbification of Hal.

Johns' Hal pre- New 52 was better as a character, imo.

Well look at it this way even Snyder's Clark/Superman had no clue who Bruce Wayne was.

Well look at it this way even Snyder's Clark/Superman had no clue who Bruce Wayne was.

I thought he did. He x-rayed the cowl and said, "Bryce Wayne" after Bruce called Superman "Clark Kent."

In Batman v Superman when Bruce first showed up he had no clue who Bruce Wayne was. Another reporter had to tell him.

Oh, the movie. Yeah, that was weird. Maybe he just didn't know him by sight but knew the name. Either way, weird.

I'm actually cool with Reynolds coming back and I'm pretty sure it would be a very different Hal Jordan/Green Lantern than the one we got before under Snyder's direction.

I also didn't think the GL movie was that bad and if you give Reynolds some good writing or a good script to work with than it could easily be better.

Go with Zack's planned choice - Marky Mark.

I’d rather they go with someone new but if they got RR back, it would be pretty ****ing cool in a weird keeping continuity kinda way.

Just give him better material, costume and hair.

I don't want RR as Hal again but I am OK if he does come back for Snyder Cut.

Go with Zack's planned choice - Marky Mark.
Or, this.. :o

ElLYPopXIAIsd-c

If Reynolds' return has any implications for the character beyond the Snyder Cut, then no. A Green Lantern spin-off would be better served by an all-new cast w/ no specific ties to his version in my opinion. That said, should Warners devise a way to bring him back in a way that has no real bearing on the future of a potential GL franchise, I'd be okay with that.

If Reynolds' return has any implications for the character beyond the Snyder Cut, then no. A Green Lantern spin-off would be better served by an all-new cast w/ no specific ties to his version in my opinion. That said, should Warners devise a way to bring him back in a way that has no real bearing on the future of a potential GL franchise, I'd be okay with that.

Snyder has already said in interviews his cut is divergent from where the franchise is now and should be viewed as an Elseworlds. So I don't think Reynolds' return would have any real impact on a new Green Lantern movie if that ever actually happens.

Snyder has already said in interviews his cut is divergent from where the franchise is now and should be viewed as an Elseworlds. So I don't think Reynolds' return would have any real impact on a new Green Lantern movie if that ever actually happens.
But that could always change depending on how well it is received.

Sure, why not. It’s been a weird/surreal enough situation as it is and perhaps there might be some level of redemption in it for Reynolds.

The only problem I had with the Green Lantern Movie, was that Hal Jordan was portayed as a joke. Ryan Reynolds is a fantastic actor in both comedies and dramas. In this case, WB took the character too far. When will WB learn that if they followed the same formulas with their movies as they do on the silver screen, fans would love the movies more. Wonder Woman and Aquaman followed this formula and look how well they did with those. I hope The Flash isn't going to be a joke. Nor, Shazam 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"