Doctor Strange 2 General Discussion and Speculation

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange Sequels' started by Speed Force, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

I agree - I think Eternals will be next year with Strange 2 in 2021. The article seemed to hint that it would be one of the two films so, I don't think we'll end up getting Black Widow, Eternals and Strange.

THORin likes this.
  2. Hello2016

Hello2016 Registered

I knew Marvel Studio's has been keeping their cards close to their chest especially concerning this film. There'll be some sort of carrover from Endgame and it'll feature a team-up. I've gone on about some interesting ideas I think could happen but I suppose now we'll find out.

3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I mentioned this on the timeline thread in Endgame, but I'll repost here and spoiler tag it:

Since Thanos destroyed all the infinity stones and the ones that the Avengers retrieved from the past had to be returned to their places in time, there is no timestone in the current timeline to protect from the Dark dimension. The Ancient One tells Banner that the stones are meant to in tandem protect that reality from the dark dimension. She agrees to Bruce's plans when she learns that Strange gave up the Time stone willingly, but this doesn't change the fact that Strange and the Sorcerers of the sanctum sanctorum have no defense against Dormamu any longer.

This I feel could be a major plot point of the second film.

The_Manhunter and THORin like this.
  4. THORin

THORin Rider of Rohan

without the Time Stone, I hope Dr Strange isn’t too weakened? It does mean he loses one of his coolest - and most unique - attributes, which kind of sucks. It’s like Thor losing Mjolnir, but in his second movie.

5. The_Manhunter

The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

This and GOTG 2 are now my most anticipated MCU movies. BC has been terrific thus far.

MovieSlave likes this.
  6. MovieSlave

MovieSlave Registered

I believe it's because of that that Nightmare is able to enter our world. Would be the most logical or obvious choice for the writers to make.

THORin likes this.
  7. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

It’s interesting one of the writers of endgame said they wanted to include the living tribunal but thought the movie was crowded enough. Maybe he could appear in doctor strange 2?

8. Relugus

Relugus Registered

Well, if the rumours are true, WandaVision may well connect with Doctor Strange 2 given Chthon and Shuma Gorath are the two masters of Chaos Magic, and Nightmare is an ally of Shuma.

MahvelBaby! and THORin like this.
  9. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

Could be simpler than that:
    If the Time Stone was removed from the timeline during the battle of New York, it wouldn't have been there when Dormammu did invade in the first movie. Since she could see the future, she knew it was important then. It doesn't have to mean that it was needed in perpetuity.

10. THORin

THORin Rider of Rohan

I hope so!

11. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Oh man that would be awesome, shuma gorath is so cool

12. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

13. IncognitoX

IncognitoX Mutant

I like Tilda Swinton in the role and so that's cool

JimThompson likes this.
  14. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Oh my gosh imagine Michelle Yeoh hanging out with Big Ben Cumberbatch.

And yay I would love to see Jericho appear. I guess it makes sense if the only other black guy turned into a baddie

15. BaelaTargaryen

BaelaTargaryen Registered

Michelle Yeoh was Aleta Ogord in GotG 2, so she can't be Clea.

16. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Is Chiwetel Ejiofor resigned? I want to see some evil Mordo!

MahvelBaby! likes this.
  17. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I think he signed the usual several picture deal all marvel actors have to sign

18. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

There is no way they left the first film the way they did and not follow up on Mordo as played by Chiwetel.

They just have to beef up the character and his motivations for number 2.

After IW/AEG I would be disappointed if the next Strange solo was as middling as the first one.

19. The_Manhunter

The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

Why do you think it's "middling?"

20. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

It starts strong but after the initial meeting with the Ancient One it just becomes mediocre Marvel formula. Both Mads a Chiwetel are wasted in anemic parts, Mads in particular given we learn next to nothing about his character. They turn the cloak into the flying carpet from Aladdin and over play it for comedy. Mcadams is given nothing important to do after a strong showing in the first third, and even saying that... The character she plays wasn't needed. I think the issues of Ancient One's transgressions are rather muddy, and frankly I don't think she needed to be killed off at all. The reason is Strange barely seems all that trained by the film's end. In fact while as I said, it has a strong compelling start, I don't think the shift in Strange's character and his world view comes across well if at all.

If you look at how the animated Strange movie handled the time Strange spent training and what it taught him and changed him it is vastly superior, delving into his psyche as well as the Eastern philosophy which provides a basis for his growth. While the animated film isn't amazing and has its own issues, overall I prefered its take on the origin or at least the training aspect.

I will give that the solution using the stone to manipulate time is pretty clever, funny and heroic all at once but that doesn't make up enough for the rest of the film. As per usual with about half of Marvel Studios output they put more effort into gags and humor than the dramatic super hero aspects. Were there nice visuals? Yeah, but in service of a bland and pro forma story. Is it a bad movie? No. No Marvel Studios film so far has been terrible. But too many are like Strange, just adequate enough. And I don't think I am actually alone in my thinking since a common refrain here on the Hype has been that lots found the handling of Strange better in both IW and AEG.

MaceB and MbJ like this.
  21. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Constance Wu for Clea.

22. imbruglia

imbruglia Registered

no thanks. after her mess on twitter.. she's big no.

psylockolussus and Speed Force like this.
  23. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Honestly I’ve heard actors referred to as difficult when they actually have a good point re: if they bring up that a director is a bit gropey the director tells everyone that actor is just “being difficult”. But the fact that Gemma liked that tweet is not a good sign. I mean, for someone like clea you want someone who’s happy to do the role for years and not make it difficult for the other cast members

psylockolussus and THORin like this.
  24. Albright

Albright Registered

such a shame, that Donald Glover was wasted in Spiderman HC...would‘ve been an awesome Jericho Drum

25. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Yeah, i definitely didn't like those tweets.