Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna go with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He has enough charisma to portray the character its just a matter of whether or not he's going to be too busy with GoT. And I wanted Viggo in the role as well but he's too old now so might as well get another Danish actor to do it.

16irvqt.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still on the Jared Leto bandwagon, though he's kinda Joaquin-ish in that mainstream **** isn't really his thang.

There are some good directors on the list. Marvel seems to have a bit more pull in Hollywood now so they don't have to go begging for behind the camera talent any more. On one of The Avengers Blu-Ray features, Kevin Feige said that back in 2006 he and his team sent out promotional packets to dozens of directors and screenwriters for Iron Man and got not one call in return. Those days are over.

The fact that Kung Fu Panda's writers are angling for the screenwriting job is a little concerning, though. Doctor Strange is one character whose story needs a much more serious tone than the Marvel Studios baseline.

With this news, I would not be surprised if Marvel announces this film before Comic-Con.

So I just read up on all the names at IMDB, and I vote for Mark Andrews. He seems to have the most experience and variety of skills. Not crazy about the body of work for the writers they mentioned, though.

Regardless, I'm confident in Marvel finding the right match for their vision of the character.

Remember the Russo's and their comedy sitcom background.

Very cool assortment on that list - all, including the screenwriters, have churned out good work from what I've seen. And the fact that they want the director and screenwriters working closely is a fantastic sign and one they probably took a hint from their writer/directors turning out great or unique (or inevitably great/unique) work (Whedon, Black, Gunn, Wright, the Russo Bros also seem very involved with the story Marvel's writers crafted). So glad they ditched the last draft. I admittedly haven't read it, but the writers' previous work didn't inspire confidence.

That's almost confirmation that a film is coming.
We've already had confirmation that a film is coming for a year now.

There are some good directors on the list. Marvel seems to have a bit more pull in Hollywood now so they don't have to go begging for behind the camera talent any more. On one of The Avengers Blu-Ray features, Kevin Feige said that back in 2006 he and his team sent out promotional packets to dozens of directors and screenwriters for Iron Man and got not one call in return. Those days are over.

The fact that Kung Fu Panda's writers are angling for the screenwriting job is a little concerning, though. Doctor Strange is one character whose story needs a much more serious tone than the Marvel Studios baseline.
Remember when everyone said this about the Russos? Yeah.

Remember the Russo's and their comedy sitcom background.

Totally. I was just saying based on what they've done. But like I said, I have full confidence in Marvel. They obviously see something beyond an IMDB listing.

At this point marvel has my complete trust with the directors the pick I have not walked out of the theater after watching one of their movies disappointed ( ok maybe im3 but I got over it)

I still don't know how the Russo's managed to make Winter Soldier work the way it seems that they have. They directed the pilots and several episodes of some of my favorite comedy series of all time, but I never would've thought they could pull a story like that off.

Marvel saw the potential in them from that paintball ep of Community

No one would kill you, if he'd been include on this list he'd be in the top three, probably #1 as he was in the last poll.
Oh well I've seen people practically murdered alive on Facebook for liking the Johnny Depp suggestion.

Marvel saw the potential in them from that paintball ep of Community

That was directed by Justin Lin.

But I'm sure he'll end up at Marvel eventually, too.

Joe Russo directed "A Fistful of Paintballs" and "For a Few Paintballs More".

I think they also felt extremely passionate about making a Cap film and their pitch knocked their sox off.

I trust whoever Marvel chooses as director to direct well. Marvel has earned that.

The fact that the news came from THR, adds to the validity of the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"