Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, the only suggestion on that director list that excites me in any sort of way is Jonathan Levine because I really loved 50/50 and Warm Bodies. I don't know any of the other directors.

I actually liked Kung Fu Panda 1, so I'm not going to hold that against them. And Marvel does have a keen ability of finding cheap but quality talent to work on their projects. It seems they really lucked out with the Russos for CA;TWS, so maybe they'll luck out here.

Then again, I'm going to have to see who they cast in this film and a trailer to get remotely excited for it. I wouldn't have picked Strange as a solo movie. I've only read Strange in a few team books, and I do like him in the recent stuff. But if it leads to a New Avengers type lineup? Sure, I guess.

*need to read The Oath again. That one was great!*

I'd kind of like to see Mark Andrews get a shot at this. Brad Bird succeeded brilliantly with his first live-action film, maybe Andrews can do the same. Plus, I enjoyed Brave. As for the Kung Fu Panda writers working on this, I think that that's a great idea. They've proven that they can successfully balancing action with good character moments, create interesting and likeable characters, and successfully balance humor with darker moments, and also pull off dynamic action scenes/visuals. In other words, exactly what a Marvel movie should do.

I have to wonder if Feige just has a real keen gut instinct about the people he works with. Everything, for the most part, seems to just click in the MCU, even for projects I'm not too excited about.

I was seriously underwhelmed by Brave but it was mostly my fault for not following it more closely. It just wasn't what I expected it to be.

Levine is the only one I'm really familiar with. I liked Mandy Lane quite a bit and 50/50 was excellent.

My biggest Q is "why these guys?" but then I think of the Russos and assume they must have a really great pitch or something.

Yeah, the fact that the Russo's have worked out so well (at least according to every early report that I've heard about) is part of what makes me think that Andrews could do this. Brad Bird is another reason. Heck, ANY of theses choices could do this.

Worth noting is that Mark Andrews took over directorial duties on Brave after the previous director was let go during production and he still managed to pick up the pieces to make it a really solid movie.

Warm Bodies was aight I guess, but 50/50 was really good. Based on those two, Levine just needs a strong script to go off (considering the variable of script quality for each of those).

Levine, preferably, but I'm fine with whoever. (On a sidenote, I love the possibility of Ant-Man and Doctor Strange being a part of the same phase. Two new beginning chapters.)

I made this before looking at the poll, but was pleasantly surprised to see that my pick was already there!

I know it isn't perfect, but I'm improving. Hope you all like it.

DoctorStrangeConceptPoster2_zpsed821b3b.png

Levine, preferably, but I'm fine with whoever. (On a sidenote, I love the possibility of Ant-Man and Doctor Strange being a part of the same phase. Two new beginning chapters.)

Levine seems to be the popular pick and while I enjoyed 50/50 I'm much more intrigued by Nikolaj Arcel. He certainly seems like the most talented individual up for this, I recommend seeing A Royal Affair sure it is a period piece but it is extremely well done. I'm going to throw a name for Doctor Strange we haven't seen mentioned yet, but with Arcel in the running for Director and Aibel writing the script and Marvel trying unsuccessfully to get him for Thor 2, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mads Mikkelsen show up in this film. He has experience working with Arcel and he's currently in Kung Fu Panda 3. We've seen Marvel go after guys for certain roles and then cast t hem later for a different role, might that be the case here?

So Winter Solider is getting early buzz? That's good. I always had faith in the Russos because their sitcom work was excellent, while that wasn't exactly a great indicator for action, it showed they had talent. I'm sure whoever Marvel picks will have the best pitch and most passion.

I made this before looking at the poll, but was pleasantly surprised to see that my pick was already there!

I know it isn't perfect, but I'm improving. Hope you all like it.

DoctorStrangeConceptPoster2_zpsed821b3b.png
I really like Cumberbatch, but I just don't see him as Doctor Strange. I'd go with someone like Viggo Mortensen or Johnny Depp. Heck, I'd go with Patrick Dempsey before Cumberbatch (I can think of plenty or other Marvel roles that he'd be great for).

So Winter Solider is getting early buzz? That's good. I always had faith in the Russos because their sitcom work was excellent, while that wasn't exactly a great indicator for action, it showed they had talent. I'm sure whoever Marvel picks will have the best pitch and most passion.
Yep! And Marvel wants them back for Cap 3 which is a really good sign.

Since Stan Lee created the character, it's only natural he make a cameo in the movie.

And Viggo Mortensen is my top pick.

Seeing Arcel’s name on the list made the most impact here because it really lit up a different story that I’ve been hearing. According to one pretty solid Marvel-adjacent source, Arcel’s Royal Affair star Mads Mikkelsen apparently is, or has been, somewhere in the mix for the film’s early casting discussions.

I’m still trying to find another source on that, or to clarify which part it would be, and whether or not Mikkelsen might have already passed or been passed over. And there were other names mentioned at the same time, that I’m also still investigating…

It doesn’t necessarily follow that Arcel would bring Mikkelsen or Mikkelsen bring Arcel, of course. We could just as easily see the actor on board with Levine, or Israelite.

I’m also particularly intrigued by the inclusion of Mark Andrews on this list. For a while at least he was developing an original sci-fi film at Pixar and, if he does take on Strange, any development on that would have to go on hold or stop outright. Not to say it already hasn’t, which is a real possibility if he’s out there looking for other gigs.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02...nge-directors-from-a-newcomer-to-a-pixar-vet/

Yeah I think Mikkelsen would be a better choice for Mordo than Strange.

GaryOldmanCommissionerGordon.jpg

Gary Oldman. He pretty much is Doctor Strange.

If Marvel manage to bag Depp and Mikkelsen that'd be pretty impressive

I'm not familiar with any of their work I don't think, though it's interesting to note that all the directors there are also writers.

The fact that the news came from THR, adds to the validity of the report.

Yep, but it's also possible none of those names are selected.

If Marvel gets Mads as Dr. Strange, I'll do what the chicks do when they see Greased Lighting.

I think Levine would be a great choice for director. I still want Justin Theroux as Stephen Strange.

reg_634.JustinTheroux.jlc.060812.jpeg

Question, why do fans always choose british actors foir Strange when he was born and raised in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"