Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
michael sheen

michaelsheenpics.png

Such a suprising list of directors. Out of those four, I'm excited at the prospect of either Arcel or Levine directing.

I've never thought of either Theroux or Dempsey as particularly talented so, I don't know…

I don't really like agreeing with El Mayimbe on anything, but he keeps suggesting *gulp* Matthew McConaghey and I think that would be amazing since we're all living in the "McConaissance". Jared Leto would be awesome. I'm still kind of keeping my fingers crossed for someone like Bardem, Oscar Issac, hell… go ahead and get Ejiofor for it (even if I want him or Chadwick Boseman for Black Panther - I have no idea when that'll get made!)

The rumor about Jon Hamm is totally fine for me too, ditto Timothy Olyphant. I also really like Michael Sheen. He's super underrated.

I'd love Mikklesen in this, though maybe as the villain. And so long as they don't kill him or anything LOL! Basically, if they do Doctor Strange, I just want them ramp up the weird and crazy. Go full out.

Yeah I think Mikkelsen would be a better choice for Mordo than Strange.

I disagree. I'm a little worried that they'll turn Strange into tony stark. It has been sometime since I read it but I remember strange as being very serious and everything around him being fantastical and psychedelic. Made would give strange gravitas and believability. I would just love them to treat this property with a more serious tone and a psychedelic style.

I made this before looking at the poll, but was pleasantly surprised to see that my pick was already there!

I know it isn't perfect, but I'm improving. Hope you all like it.

DoctorStrangeConceptPoster2_zpsed821b3b.png

Honestly... I think is far and away the best choice. I don't know anyone with any substantial draw who does genre stuff so happily who would be so great as a drole magician. I think Cumberbatch, as overexposed as he is in the last two years, would be the definitive Dr. Strange. He'd get that Loki swooning from the fangirls. He'd pwn, relentlessly.

Oh God I just imagined a scene with Cumberbatch as Strange interacting with Loki. The gifs alone would make Tumblr explode.

I've never thought of either Theroux or Dempsey as particularly talented so, I don't know…

I don't really like agreeing with El Mayimbe on anything, but he keeps suggesting *gulp* Matthew McConaghey and I think that would be amazing since we're all living in the "McConaissance". Jared Leto would be awesome. I'm still kind of keeping my fingers crossed for someone like Bardem, Oscar Issac, hell… go ahead and get Ejiofor for it (even if I want him or Chadwick Boseman for Black Panther - I have no idea when that'll get made!)

The rumor about Jon Hamm is totally fine for me too, ditto Timothy Olyphant. I also really like Michael Sheen. He's super underrated.

I'd love Mikklesen in this, though maybe as the villain. And so long as they don't kill him or anything LOL! Basically, if they do Doctor Strange, I just want them ramp up the weird and crazy. Go full out.

Chiwetel Ejiofor as Dr. Strange? That would be an interesting choice. He's expressed interest, only to say that none of the people in charge have talked to him about it.

El Mayimbe is talking out of his ass. We don't know if Matthew has any interest in doing a superhero movie. Same for Jared Leto.

My top choice remains Viggo Mortenson, with Benedict Cumberbatch second.

Honestly... I think is far and away the best choice. I don't know anyone with any substantial draw who does genre stuff so happily who would be so great as a drole magician. I think Cumberbatch, as overexposed as he is in the last two years, would be the definitive Dr. Strange. He'd get that Loki swooning from the fangirls. He'd pwn, relentlessly.

Plus, he'd get a chance to play a good guy, something we haven't seen all that much from him outside of Sherlock.

Chiwetel Ejiofor as Dr. Strange? That would be an interesting choice. He's expressed interest, only to say that none of the people in charge have talked to him about it.

El Mayimbe is talking out of his ass. We don't know if Matthew has any interest in doing a superhero movie. Same for Jared Leto.

My top choice remains Viggo Mortenson, with Benedict Cumberbatch second.

Oh he was just suggesting it, not presenting it like a rumor, and I loved the idea. But yes, we don't know anything about what MM or JL would want to do re. a superhero movie.

I only want McConaughey to play Doctor Strange if he plays it exactly like Rustin Cohle.

Oh he was just suggesting it, not presenting it like a rumor, and I loved the idea. But yes, we don't know anything about what MM or JL would want to do re. a superhero movie.

Still though, he's talking nonsense. If one or both express interest, than we can talk about who they should play. Not every actor in Hollywood wants to be in a superhero film, although being in one does have its perks.

I believe I heard Gwyneth Paltrow once say that as soon as she took the role of Pepper Potts, RDJ joked to her "finally you're in a film people will actually watch"

Last edited:
Still though, he's talking nonsense. If one or both express interest, than we can talk about who they should play. Not every actor in Hollywood wants to be in a superhero film, although being in one does have its perks.

I believe I heard Gwyneth Paltrow once say that as soon as she took the role of Pepper Potts, RDJ joked to her "finally you're in a film people will actually watch"

Huh?!

But… that's the whole point of this thread. To speculate. I don't think half the actors I've seen talked about on here have expressed any interest in a CBM. Why can't we suggest someone even if we have no idea if they'd be interested. That's all Mayimbe was doing.

What's wrong with that?

The question I have:

- Would you want to race change Dr. Strange? I might if the plan is to turn him Latino.

But what if Marvel makes Dr. Strange "the black superhero solo film" instead of the future king of Wakanda?

Last edited:
The question I have:

- Would you want to race change Dr. Strange? I might if the plan is to turn him Latino.

But what if Marvel makes Dr. Strange "the black superhero solo film" instead of the future king of Wakanda?

The internet would likely explode, but it would be awesome!

That's what I'm talking about, taking more risks with casting. Marvel's already shown the willingness to do so.

I keep thinking Hispanic for Strange too, suggesting Bardem, Issac, but you also know me… Ejiofor for everything.

Jared Leto would be an interesting choice for Strange, but knowing Marvel's way of casting, they're going to go with someone out of left field that no one ever thought of.

The internet would likely explode, but it would be awesome!

That's what I'm talking about, taking more risks with casting. Marvel's already shown the willingness to do so.

I keep thinking Hispanic for Strange too, suggesting Bardem, Issac, but you also know me… Ejiofor for everything.

My picks for Hispanic Dr. Strange would be Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna. In fact, both are third and fourth on my list behind Mortenson and Cumberbatch.

Ejiofor as Strange would be very interesting to say the least. If they were to cast a black man as Strange, it would be Ejiofor and probably David Oyelowo, my top two for the King of Wakanda.

My top five for Dr. Strange:

1. Viggo Mortenson
2. Benedict Cumberbatch
3. Gael Garcia Bernal
4. Diego Luna
5. Jon Hamm

I like the unconventional choices for Strange I'm hearing like Ejiafor, Bardem, or Issac.

It makes me sad, since he'd be the perfect Dr Doom. . . but since Doom isn't returning to Marvel anytime soon, might as well. If they can get Cumberbatch, that would be great.

( but it'd be another movie starring a white guy! *ducks* )

The question I have:

Hmm. I think Stephen Strange's race doesn't particularly matter, even if you set his origin back in the 70s ( whatever issues he might have with racism would be dwarfed by the issues he has because he's an arrogant ******* ). I would be disinclined to change his race to asian, however, because you already need to put a little effort into defusing orientalist cliches. Other than that, knock yourselves out, and cast whatever ethnicity you want and can get a good actor of.

I've got to be honest, Doctor strange is not the first movie I would want to see. I'll see it and probably enjoy it so it's not a problem but I would have fathered marvel focus on captain marvel or black panther first

I think Levine would be a great choice for director. I still want Justin Theroux as Stephen Strange.

reg_634.JustinTheroux.jlc.060812.jpeg

Question, why do fans always choose british actors foir Strange when he was born and raised in NYC?

Because our actors are better :o

Jared Leto would be an interesting choice for Strange, but knowing Marvel's way of casting, they're going to go with someone out of left field that no one ever thought of.

Mark Hamill!

pY3wroJ.jpg

Last edited:
wow. he really gave in to the dark side of smash burger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"