Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now that Johnny Depp's career is in free fall he might be willing to do Dr. Strange at half price.

I don't like his recent work but I think he's a great match for Strange.

PnFSuOw.gif

That may very well be the most epic life action eye roll ever put to screen.

Depp's career is fine, the wacky character thing just hasn't panned out as of late. He's not any less talented I just think he may just not be trying as hard.

Movies where he plays wacky, crazy mother****ers are to Depp what action movies where he plays an agent of some sort that does alot of running are to Tom Cruise.

Depp's career is fine, the wacky character thing just hasn't panned out as of late. He's not any less talented I just think he may just not be trying as hard.

Going back to playing the Mad Hatter = rockbottom

for an actor who should be able to get 20 m from any studio on his own terms.

Not really... especially after how much the first movie earned and the fact that this Disney movie deal is part of an arrangement. Depp's production company has been moved from WB to Disney as part of the deal. I'd say it's a smart choice on Depp's part, considering his relationship with Disney.

If getting paid $20 million to phone in a performance addition to potentially getting more if the movie makes a s**tload (something that Depp is capable of doing internationally easily), then I don't think you know what rock bottom actually means. :funny:

It's not like the guy's Box Office poison. Quite the opposite despite The Lone Ranger.

If Depp's at rock bottom, I'm at the Archean level of the Geologic Time Scale :funny:

If getting paid $20 million to phone in a performance addition to potentially getting more if the movie makes a s**tload (something that Depp is capable of doing internationally easily), then I don't think you know what rock bottom actually means. :funny:

It's not like the guy's Box Office poison. Quite the opposite despite The Lone Ranger.

Depp has had two blockbusters turn into major flops for different studios in just over a year's time. His bloated salary was one of the issues that delayed The Lone Ranger's production for months, along with Verbinski's ludicrous budget. Disney probably wishes that they had stuck to their guns and killed the film when they found out that Depp was making a cash grab and GV was building an entire railroad and locomotive for tens of millions of dollars.

Depp's days of pocketing $35 -$50 million per film may be numbered because studios are looking hard at the returns they can expect from his films. He's got to go back to Jack Sparrow and The Mad Hatter because those are films Disney is willing to pay for based on past performance. But nobody is going to pay him millions to do another one of his whiteface clown acts after his last two disasters.

Not to say JGL can't play Doctor Strange, but I can't get out of my mind that he's too boyish to play him. I know he's 32, but like with most people these days, he looks younger than his actual age.

It's easier to believe him playing a 25 year old than it is to believe he's actually 32.

I guess like so many of you, I too have seen JGL grow up before our eyes on camera. He is usually in films headed by interesting directors and he chooses interesting scripts to be in. He comes off as pretty interesting and charming in live interviews. But.... I just can't get behind him in anything the guy does. I don't know what it is but he is an actor that no matter the role or film, if he is playing a part, I am pretty sure I just won't like what he ends up doing with the role. To have him as Strange just baffles me. Not to mention, I always thought of Strange as a much older man. I mean, he was already an accomplished surgeon when his accident happened. JGL just comes off to young. This is like Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist. Am I alone here, or is it just my pet peeve about JGL?

I love JGL as an actor, but I agree he's too young for Strange. I just don't like him for this role at all.

I'm wondering why all of you are even putting stock into Eh Maybe. His track record lately has been terrible, and the ones he got right were so obvious I could have made those scoops. He's just doing this for generate hits for Latino Review again and it's already been disputed by several journalists already.

Depp has had two blockbusters turn into major flops for different studios in just over a year's time. His bloated salary was one of the issues that delayed The Lone Ranger's production for months, along with Verbinski's ludicrous budget. Disney probably wishes that they had stuck to their guns and killed the film when they found out that Depp was making a cash grab and GV was building an entire railroad and locomotive for tens of millions of dollars.

Depp's days of pocketing $35 -$50 million per film may be numbered because studios are looking hard at the returns they can expect from his films. He's got to go back to Jack Sparrow and The Mad Hatter because those are films Disney is willing to pay for based on past performance. But nobody is going to pay him millions to do another one of his whiteface clown acts after his last two disasters.

Wow, all of us forgot about Dark Shadows. :hehe:

My point is Depp's still an in-demand actor and the reason he doesn't get more roles from other directors isn't because he's box office poison, but because, like Will Smith, his salary is too high and he's been too stubborn to bring it down. I still say he's nowhere near rock bottom as implied.

He also tweeted this:
Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider

I've heard a VERY different name for DOCTOR STRANGE. Like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he ALSO has two first names in his name...

Michael Carlyle Hall.

While I would love to see Cavizel in a Marvel role...I don't think Doctor Strange is it.

If they want a middle aged/sorta young Strange the best choice by far and large is Benedict Cumberbatch. And if its true they plan Strange to be the new face once Downey Jr is gone then Cumberbatch can do that, hes such a strong and great actor.

After Star Trek 2 I'm convinced Cumberpatch would have a commanding spell casting voice.

Cumby would be amazing.

I don't even care if he's over-used in fancasts, he'd be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"