Doctor Strange Casting Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubonic

Superhero
Reaction score
There have been about 3 Doctor Strange Casting threads, but none had a poll, and I've scoured those threads and lifted the names that seemed to reoccur.

Personally if this is ever to happen I'd love for it to be Johnny Depp, he has the look, the age, and the eccentric edge.
All of these could work beautifully toward translating Doctor Strange to the big screen.

I see it as a viable choice as well because Marvel seems to be in the business of getting big names for their roles, and frankly with a character as obscure as Doctor Strange they'd do good to cast someone with a huge fanbase.

I'll go with Johnny but I think Oded Fehr deserves an honourable mention.

Definitely Johnny Depp. I can really picture him bring justice to the role.

Robert D Jr!!

You do know he's already in Iron Man right? Hence he is in the same Marvel Universe cant play two characters at the same time unless your Eddie Murphy.

Jason Isaacs would be my choice if they ever had to cast the Phantom Stranger. Seeing as Dr. Strange is a lot more likely to appear in any form of media he'd do good at that role too.

I still think David Bowie would be perfect for Dr. Strange. He was brilliant in the Prestige and he looks the part.

The original Dr. Strange comics were popular because of their psychadelic visuals and David Bowie was a huge figure in the psychadelic movement. No one else would fit this movie better than David Bowie

I'm pretty sure Depp might do it if offered a good script and team to work with.
And I definitely don't see him as the type to do a typical superhero movie, maybe because of the mask, or because of the generic aspect of some of them... But Doctor Strange is something special in the Marvel U. that would probably intrigue him.

Hell I'd settle for random cameos of Doctor Strange if it were Depp, how awesome would that be!

So many people want Depp for so many comic characters and while I dont think one actor is limited to one character, I would think it would make it more unlikely that an actor in the same fame and caliber as Depp would do multiple comic roles. They are growing in popularity, but I fear there is still the "kiddie books" perception.

THe idea of Oded Fehr and Geoffery Rush sound really good and they look the part in some way, but the idea of Daniel Day-Lewis is the most intriguing.

Daniel Day-Lewis could be an epic choice, someone came across the idea when I presented my choice on an image board.

What other characters do people want Depp to play?
Personally I can't imagine him as your run of the mill cape, or really any superhero, but Strange struck a note with me where I feel Depp particular brand of acting and eccentrism could lend itself beautifully to the role, IF the script wasn't played purely for laughs like that tacky made for t.v. thing.

o_Dr.Strange.bmp.jpg

Also worth a mention is that I think comic book movies might gain some gravitas within Hollywood if Marvel Studios keeps producing such well crafted movies, it is early to tell, and already some people are at odds with the Incredible Hulk... But I think Marvel Studios will bring comic movies to a higher echelon of quality.

Although he is not my ideal Dr. Strange, Johnny Depp has a huge following and Marvel will most likely try to cast him just so they can bring in more money. Just look at Sweeny Todd, no one would have seen that movie if it wasn't for Depp

David Bowie is my ideal Dr. Strange by the way

...get some really good actor in the role, who won't ask for too much money..

i doubt depp would step into another franchise at this point..

I doubt Dr. Strange would be a franchise. Marvel would do one film and they might throw him into an Avengers sequel but thats about it

I doubt Dr. Strange would be a franchise. Marvel would do one film and they might throw him into an Avengers sequel but thats about it

True enough, I'd rather they throw all their eggs into one basket with this one, make as solid and fantastic Doctor Strange as they could, don't leave it open ended, and then have him guest star in random Marvel movies if he's necessary to the plot, or just a fun cameo.

I actually think the best casting choice out there, was already taken for Hulk (Edward Norton). I also think Hugh Jackman would be excellent, but as wel all know, he is Wolverine.

Off that list Daniel-Day Lewis followed by Gary Oldman are the best choices, but neither would ever do it as one is...well Lewis and the other is tired of Hollywood movies.

So after considering it and watching Eastern Promises and History of Violence, Viggo Mortenson is an excellent and underrated actor who is a chameleon and could do this role. Plus, like Iron Man, I feel the actor should have some years behind him (at least in his mid-30s). Viggo I think is a great choice.

Although he is not my ideal Dr. Strange, Johnny Depp has a huge following and Marvel will most likely try to cast him just so they can bring in more money. Just look at Sweeny Todd, no one would have seen that movie if it wasn't for Depp

David Bowie is my ideal Dr. Strange by the way

Tim Burton adapting the best stage musical of the last 40 years -- written by Sonheim, no less -- into a homage/throwback to 1930s horror movies? Look I agree Burton made it more commercial than it would've been, but the movie was going to be awesome as long as it was cast well (Burton was it). But do realize that Hugh Jackman went after the role and I'm sure it would've still been a great movie with Jackman as Sweeney. Albeit, since Burton made it, Depp was easily the best choice for him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"