Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

Sam Raimi in Talks to Direct Marvel's 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'

giphy.gif

Damn now that would be a great choice. I can only imagine what a skilled horror director like Raimi can do with a Doctor Strange film. Hopefully, this also means that Marvel/Disney aren't afraid to let this one be more horror oriented after all, because why else would they get a director like Raimi?

What if Raimi asks to use Spider-Man in the movie? Would they let him?

I’m actually quite surprised to see Marvel possibly working with Raimi. Could be really good. I hope they’re able to work together and make a really good movie and not clash because of differences in visions.

And that’s sad to hear about Rachel McAdams. I really like her as an actress so it’s disappointing she got stuck with a role that’s seemingly inconsequential.

Yay! Mordo and Strange can solve their issues by kissing upside down in the rain :atp:

Yeah, that role was a bit rubbish for McAdams.

Not that I'd love the idea, but with McAdams not returning and Wanda more than likely losing Vision once and for all, could they be going for a hint at a thing between Wanda and Stephen?

Nothing against McAdams but I'm glad they are seemingly getting rid of a romantic interest for the sequel. Technically in the first one they simply had a past together and were just colleagues/friends in the present but I didn't want it to evolve into a romance again.

Not that I'd love the idea, but with McAdams not returning and Wanda more than likely losing Vision once and for all, could they be going for a hint at a thing between Wanda and Stephen?

I doubt that will happen and I dont Need it. Not every movie needs a romantic plotline either.

I liked her in the scene after the accident, but other than that...oh well. They can just bring her back when they get a fresh idea again like Jane

Doubt it. They don't really need a romantic subplot in this movie, or they could just introduce a new character if they want to have one.

Maybe Rachel McAdams will eventually return as a female Dr Strange just like Natalie Portman did with Thor.

Maybe an alternate version (possibly played by Maguire?) that's been rumored by several sources.

I would be surprised if you didn't ask. I highly doubt the Tom Holland version would be the one we'd be seeing, it would probably be Tobey Maguire. But I think the odds are good that at the very least there's going to be a conversation about it.

Isn't Clea supposed to be in this?

Yeah.

I think Rachel's character was a bit random anyway. Clea, well from what I know has always been the lead female Dr. Strange character. Like if there's going to be a lead female character in dr. Strange movie, it should be Clea. I didn't know who Christine was in the comics.

Damn now that would be a great choice. I can only imagine what a skilled horror director like Raimi can do with a Doctor Strange film. Hopefully, this also means that Marvel/Disney aren't afraid to let this one be more horror oriented after all, because why else would they get a director like Raimi?
It really is such a perfect fit. As someone mentioned before, let him knock this out the park and then give him Midnight Sons. :cool:

Raimi is a Ditko fan I could see him wanting to do this justice

In fact I could see that being a selling point from Feige

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"