Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' started by Speed Force, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

I honestly hope that if, and of course it's a big If that Tobey is in it that it gets kept a secret for as long as possible. Like until it would inevitable leak out from premiere screenings.

2. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

If Tobey is in, what are the chances Jackman makes an appearance?

3. Silvermoth Avenger

None I reckon. I could only imagine Jackman making an appearance in a secret wars movie as the only possible eff yeah moment that could beat cap wielding mjolnir but even that is very unlikely

4. antsman41 Belongs To Prince

Watched The Old Guard last night, made me remember that Chiwetel Ejiofor was actually in the MCU... he really got sidelined post-Doctor Strange's film.

5. Silvermoth Avenger

It’s not over yet. Although I do think Chiwetel is a bit like Chris Ecclestone. He doesn’t seem to thrive in the blockbuster realm

6. Albright Registered

Casting news would be awesome.
    But I doubt, that Multiverse returns back to October 2021, though it’d be awesome as Halloween movie.
    I expect it to replace Black Panther 2 in May 2022

7. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

Silvermoth likes this.
  8. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

It's been feeling to me like a Civil War/Batman v Superman situation where both studios have films coming out around the same time with similar premises of superheroes fighting each other. Here we know WB is releasing a Flash movie with alternate reality Batmen, and this seems like the place for Marvel to release a film doing something similar in that vein.

I've been saying before Keaton was announced to be reprising the Batman role I wouldn't put a Tobey Spidey cameo out of the question for a Sam Raimi directed Doctor Strange movie that deals in alternate universes. Even with the Sony relationship, it's always possible that could be where the Spider-Man guest appearance in their current deal fits in, or they can work out something else for something like this.

Tom Cruise as Iron Man for a small role in this movie would be pretty huge and unexpected, but there's also that layer where we'd get to see him in the role after almost playing it in the mid 2000s.

Nardz937 likes this.
  9. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

Seeing Tobey back as Spidey is all I want out of this multiverse movie, though I know introducing new characters and building towards the future is important. Just hopeful fanboy speculation but I feel Marvel/Sony will work together to make it happen. I think Sam being able to use his Spidey again is one of the big things that attracted him to this type of project.

But my expectations are in check. I'm really just looking forward to a Sam Raimi/Doctor Strange movie. It's hard to think of a filmmaker and character better suited for eachother.

Spidey_62 likes this.
  10. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

It's been just too long in general since we've seen a Sam Raimi directed movie so I'm excited he's directing a new feature at all, let alone Doctor Strange which is like you said- perfection!

I honestly wasn't the biggest fan of Derrickson's direction on the first movie so the Raimi news was like the best thing I've seen all year still lol.

11. Albright Registered

I‘m more interested in Ds2 being that scary movie and introducing new characters like Clea, Brother Vodoo, Nightmare or even Mephisto and Ghost Rider - maybe also Blade.
    Those cameos from parallel universes might draw too much attention.
    But I trust them, since they wanted Raimi to do that...

KaijuDude1992 and Spidey_62 like this.
  12. The Infernal Mky Mk

I think it would be fun if Bruce Campbell cameo'd as Ash from Evil Dead. Even if it were footage from Evil Dead 2 in a scene where Strange shows visions of other realities I think that would be a cool easter egg.

KaijuDude1992, Iceman and Nardz937 like this.
  13. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

There was an Army of Darkness vs. Marvel Zombies crossover comic.:cwink:

14. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Nice poster. And haha, I think we’d all love to see that.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  16. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Of all the things, hope we get a cameo of Bruce with a fishbowl over his head.

After all, he's the REAL Mysterio.

KaijuDude1992 and The Infernal like this.
  17. Chris B Registered

I would never trade RDJ for anyone else, but I actually think that Cruise could've made a good Tony Stark. Given how he was constantly rumored for the part back in the day, I think it would be fun to see his take on the character in a small role.

Rorschach2012 likes this.
  18. The Infernal Mky Mk

Tom Cruise playing an alternate universe version of Iron-man just brings up visions of this guy.

[​IMG]
    Anthony Stark (Earth-5012)

I think Cruise would have the manic energy to pull that off.

[​IMG]

KaijuDude1992 and Iceman like this.
  19. Albright Registered

whoooooo
    now casting-news could show up every day

Speed Force, KaijuDude1992 and Iceman like this.
  20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I would love to see that, haha.

The Infernal likes this.
  21. AvengerPA Registered

If the movie is being made this year, the release date could be moved up to late 2021. The movie could also be pushed back to May 2022 if Black Panther 2 is delayed.

22. Albright Registered

As much I hope for a Halloween 2021 release...I doubt, that Eternals and Multiverse collide. The later might set up some things for Mulriverse too. 2022 is the real dea and I see a high possibility, that it will replace a delayed Black Panther 2