Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' started by Speed Force, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Tom Cruise as Iron Man would be so awesome. He’d kill it.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  2. bubbadoom Registered

Well he was the casting choice in 1999....

3. Chris B Registered

I'd be for something like that. It would be more imaginative and perhaps not come across as stepping on RDJ's foot.

4. The Infernal Mky Mk

Exactly. You get a new bad guy with Tom Cruise pulling one of the few villain turns he has in his career and it's not a resurrection of RDJ's Iron-man which threatens his legacy.

5. Albright Registered

upload_2020-10-2_22-30-41.jpeg

Nightmare and/or Mephisto is enough as villain...

6. venom892 Coming Home

Now that Strange is in SM3, what are the chances Tobey carries over from SM3 to DS? We know Scarlet Witch will be in this, so I'm wondering if maybe Strange can have his own version of the Exiles in the third act? I imagine a team of Strange. Scarlett Witch, Tobey Spidey, some Fox-Men and maybe even someone like Chilikis Thing or maybe out of left field stuff like Tom Jane Punisher or Ben Affleck DD?

The Infernal likes this.
  7. Albright Registered

I was hoping for the scary movie Kevin Feige promissed with Raimi being attached.
    A scary movie, not a weird movie...

8. Silvermoth Avenger

Guess that answers the question of what the mid credits scene is going to be haha

9. venom892 Coming Home

His turn as a villain in Collateral comes to mind. He was fantastic in it.

10. bubbadoom Registered

I assume STRANGE 2 is still coming out before SPIDEY 3 but I do suspect this increased the chances of the Tom H. Spidey showing up in DS2 ...

11. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

At this time, SM 3 is still slated to come out before in December 2021.

12. The Infernal Mky Mk

Knowing Raimi, it would probably be both.

13. Airwings Waves of air

Spider-Man 3: Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield Rumored To Return

Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man again, if only for a few scenes, would be so awesome I would turn to jelly in the seat.
    And Garfield there too, I'm sooo excited.

But can it work? Will they take too much of the focus?
    ASM-Spidey is a brooding character and it will be difficult to have him next to the lighter new take. Holland is actually the lightest version of the hero.

14. Airwings Waves of air

Oh, I agree!!!!
    Of course they can include versions of Marvel characters that never ended up on film. But do we need it or would it be fan boy service "for fun"? And it would take much of the spotlight from the actual film?
    Cruise's tie to Iron Man is that he once was a contender for the role. And it's mostly remembered now, all these years later, because he's a FAMOUS actor. With capitals.
    Of course it would be totally fun to see, but it won't bring anything of importance for the plot.

Now that we're getting to versions of the characters that never saw the light of day, and that ONLY because of one actor. One actor amond the other actors who was in the running.
    If we going this low (sorry for saying that), what about Logan Lerman who tested out for ASM?
    Then we have Butterfield who beat every other candidate in the running for MCU's Spidey, EXCEPT Holland who ended up also beating him in the final round and then got the role.
    Hahaha, there might be an army of Spider-Men if this continue.

Wait!! There's more too.
    We have an infamous script that was written back in the 90s. It's disliked by most people, and claimed that we wouldn't have worked. Not back then, not even now.
    Well there's a solution.
    While we don't need to include any details from that story, we could still use that particular Spider-Man in a small cameo. Just as Cruise's Iron Man.
    Anyone up for seeing DiCaprio suiting up for one or two scenes? Would James Cameron approve of that?

Heck, now that there's a rumour about Nicholas Cage as Superman in Flashpoint, anything can happen.
    No actor can be too big for superhero films anymore. Not even for very small parts.
    Matt Damon did actually agree to cameo in Thor: Ragnarok and Brad Pitt did the same (blink and you miss it) in Deadpool 2

15. bubbadoom Registered

Is it? Must have missed that.

Last new I saw just had BLACK WIDOW in May, SHANG CHI in July and ETERNALS in November. That would put DOC STRANGE 2 in Feb 2022 and SPIDER-MAN 3 in May or July 2022 [they might try to keep May for BLACK PANTHER 2]...

16. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Doctor Strange 2 was pushed to March 2022 with Black Panther 2 still set for May 2022 and Captain Marvel 2 for July 202.. And mind you, Spider-Man is still Sony. So anytime there's news about release dates, they would be the one announcing it not Disney. And given that they are about to start filming this upcoming week, it seems like they are still planning for the December 2021 release.

Since Spider-Man hasn't been delayed but Doctor Strange has, it seems like the former is not dependent on the latter coming out first.

17. bubbadoom Registered

When Marvel announced their slate for 2021 a year ago the did include SM 3 as their July release - of course that's all been shot to hell since the Covid hit...

Also, last rumor I heard SM3 starts in January, 2021 - but I could be wrong - but since these do tie together it does make a difference - Marvel would not have wanted/let Sony to release FAR FROM HOME before ENDGAME for example - this could be a similar situation...

18. Albright Registered

what really concerns me is, that Spiderman 3 was planned to be released after DS2...I wasn‘t concerned until we learned, that SM3 is heavily connected to Ds2; which means, that they changed a lot in DS2. Just because Sony doesn‘t want to wait a year longer to release SM3 in 2022.
    Those Spiderverse rumors really annoy me...

19. Kev4000 Registered

Im totally with you. As long as I liked Garfield as Spiderman and want him in the MCU, please not this way. But this way it could be like...
    Wandavision creates a problem, Spiderman 3 deals with the problem and Doctor Strange fix the problem? Otherway around would be like another afterglim of a huge event like the other movies.

20. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

They just started filming in Queens today. The filming is overlapping with Uncharted since Holland is in both movies, so they seem to be filming without him at the moment.

21. NotNickFury Registered

22. Albright Registered

If true, than probably America Chavez...but the again, Tatiana Maslany was She-Hulk 4 weeks ago

23. Joined:
    Mar 10, 2015
  24. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

She likely still is but just can't talk about it yet.