Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

Just want to say that this is currently my most-anticipated announced superhero movie. Strange has been such a good character so far, and a team-up with Scarlet Witch is such an inspired choice!

I just wish we didn't have to wait 5 years for the film!

Hopefully if there’s a cat in this film they don’t name it after lovecraft’s cat...

Nightmare is the villain for Doctor Strange 2, with a Mordo-Dormammu alliance in Doctor Strange 3.

That’s kind of cool. Mordo and Dormammu as the mean girls with doc strange as Lindsay Lohan

UPDATE: Marvel Studios is also casting a “General” to go alongside the ruler “David” (still leaning towards an Asian actor).

Exclusive: An upcoming Marvel movie is casting a character who sounds suspiciously like Namor, King of Atlantis.

The character, codenamed “David,” is described as a “ruler of an ancient, distant kingdom.” The studio is searching for an actor preferably of Asian descent.
Everything below this point is pure speculation.
Now, there’s a lot going for it to be Namor. Atlantis is very ancient kingdom, and given that it’s at the bottom of the ocean, it’s definitely distant. But on the other hand, Namor will possibly be featured in ‘Black Panther 2’ (in ‘Avengers: Endgame’, Okoye mentioned underwater earthquakes off the coast of Wakanda), which is currently only in the outline phase, not the pre-production phase. This means the character has to be in ‘Shang-Chi’, ‘Doctor Strange 2’, or ‘Loki’. A while back, ‘Doctor Strange 2’ director Scott Derrickson tweeted (and then quickly deleted) a photo of the Sorcerer Supreme with Namor, so he could pop up there. Given that the studio only “preferably” wants an Asian actor, ‘Shang-Chi’ doesn’t really fit. And if it’s for ‘Loki’, the character likely isn’t Namor. So at this time, the most likely possibility is Namor in ‘Doctor Strange In The Madness Of The Multiverse’. Nightmare, the ruler of the Dream Dimension, is another possibility, if he’s the villain in ‘Doctor Strange 2’. If it isn’t Namor or Nightmare, the other strongest possibility is an original or incredibly obscure character in ‘Shang-Chi’.
‘Doctor Strange 2’ hits theaters in May 2021. Scott Derrickson is directing with a script from C. Robert Cargill. Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen will reprise their roles as Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch, respectively.
EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios Casting A Possibly Asian Character Described As A Ruler Of An Ancient Kingdom; Will Namor Be In Phase 4?

I think Namor will debut in the post-credit scene for this film, and then be the villain in Black Panther 2.

That would be cool. Namor and strange have a friendship in the comics too so it checks out

Nightmare is the villain for Doctor Strange 2, with a Mordo-Dormammu alliance in Doctor Strange 3.

So they are saving the two who we already saw in the first one for the third film? Dormammu okay. But given how Ds1 ended, Mordo should be appearing in the sequel. If thats the case, I just hope there would be newer baddies in Ds3 instead of the two that we already saw back in 2016.

I think the third film will be similar to Captain America: Civil War. There will be many guest stars, including Blade and Ghost Rider.

Just want to say that this is currently my most-anticipated announced superhero movie. Strange has been such a good character so far, and a team-up with Scarlet Witch is such an inspired choice!

I just wish we didn't have to wait 5 years for the film!
I've been asking for Scarlet Witch to appear in a DS sequel for years. Totally stoked that they've gone with it.
I'd also love for Magik to be introduced in a DS film.

I think the third film will be similar to Captain America: Civil War. There will be many guest stars, including Blade and Ghost Rider.
Yes - a big step towards assembling the Midnight Sons. :cool:

Nice England is perfect for a movie like this. So much cool supernatural history

I love Benedict as Strange but I always wished they kept his natural accent instead of doing an american one, I'm willing to be there are English people living in NYC lol

Yeah I won’t lie, I would also have wanted that

Last edited:
Doctor Strange, Ant Man and Guardians vol.1 getting 4k releases

In the comics Strange is American so them sticking to the source material makes more sense even though if they had made Strange British and gave Benedict his natural accent I wouldn't have minded but good for Marvel staying true to the comics

In the comics Strange is American so them sticking to the source material makes more sense even though if they had made Strange British and gave Benedict his natural accent I wouldn't have minded but good for Marvel staying true to the comics
He is and I think it worked out well (particularly given who played Dormammu), but the actual reference to Doctor Strange being American is from a fairly obscure story that I suspect most people haven't read so I think they could have gotten away with it. Plus, few people have had any problems with Charles Xavier being British.

Agreed.

4Chan rumor

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse features the return of The Ancient One and Quicksilver. David Tennant is the studio’s number one choice for Nightmare.

4Chan rumor

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse features the return of The Ancient One and Quicksilver. David Tennant is the studio’s number one choice for Nightmare.
I would be pleased with all of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"