Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

4Chan rumor

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse features the return of The Ancient One and Quicksilver. David Tennant is the studio’s number one choice for Nightmare.
Weirdly enough, my number one choice is Matt Smith.

I’m still keen on a gender bent version

How bout a NON-gendered take on it?
Nothing about a fear Lord from a dream dimension really requires dangly bits, and something more androgynous could actually add to the uncanny/creepiness of the character

and a no on Tennant from me, He was already Killgrave, don't want that being tainted/overshadowed by this bigger but similarly horror-vibed role

How bout a NON-gendered take on it?
Nothing about a fear Lord from a dream dimension really requires dangly bits, and something more androgynous could actually add to the uncanny/creepiness of the character

and a no on Tennant from me, He was already Killgrave, don't want that being tainted/overshadowed by this bigger but similarly horror-vibed role
Yeah, Chris Evans performance as Johnny Storm did sort of taint and overshadow his performance as Steve Rogers, didn't it?

Yeah, Chris Evans performance as Johnny Storm did sort of taint and overshadow his performance as Steve Rogers, didn't it?
Different situation
Evans' Johnny was an alright performance in a crap movie set in a seperate universe from the MCU
Tennant's Killgrave was a delightful performance in a excellent [first season of a] show, that's still fresh in fans minds, and was supposedly a part of the MCU

and Evans turned out to be the only ideal candidate and the perfect Cap, but I think any number of actors could pull off a great Nightmare

Different situation
Evans' Johnny was an alright performance in a crap movie set in a separate universe from the MCU
Tennant's Killgrave was a delightful performance in a excellent [first season of a] show, that's still fresh in fans minds, and was supposedly a part of the MCU

and Evans turned out to be the only ideal candidate and the perfect Cap, but I think any number of actors could pull off a great Nightmare
As you have argued it, those situation's only differences boil down to your personal opinion.

Cillian Murphy is the best “traditional” casting pick for Nightmare. Obviously, he has the creepy comic book villain thing down but after Peaky Blinders, he’s displayed a surprisingly strong physical presence (surprising to me, at least) and I always thought he had an oddly serene vibe to him. Someone here described Nightmare as an evil version of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman. That’s Murphy down to a t, and the serene quality works in favor of that description, imo.

(Plus you get his sunken features next to Cumberbatch’s... elongated ones onscreen. That’d be fun :))

All that said, I think I’d be more receptive to a more outside the box pick. Like, maybe, Jodie Comer channeling the more deranged aspects of Villanelle.

Last edited:
As you have argued it, those situation's only differences boil down to your personal opinion.

Well yeah, what you think we doin' here?
This is a place to share opinions, and in my opinion, Evans double dipping was not an issue, whereas this would be

I have heard a report of a Strange Tales streaming show coming featuring Clea and Doctor Voodoo. Both of these two are rumored to appear in the Mulitverse of Madness movie. If they don't appear, then this show will introduce them. The likely date of release for this show is 2023, and which will bridge the gap between the second Doctor Strange film and the third one.

Different situation
Evans' Johnny was an alright performance in a crap movie set in a seperate universe from the MCU

Is that any different than Mahershala Ali being cast as Blade?

Cillian Murphy is the best “traditional” casting pick for Nightmare. Obviously, he has the creepy comic book villain thing down but after Peaky Blinders, he’s displayed a surprisingly strong physical presence (surprising to me, at least) and I always thought he had an oddly serene vibe to him. Someone here described Nightmare as an evil version of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman. That’s Murphy down to a t, and the serene quality works in favor of that description, imo.

(Plus you get his sunken features next to Cumberbatch’s... elongated ones onscreen. That’d be fun :))

All that said, I think I’d be more receptive to a more outside the box pick. Like, maybe, Jodie Comer channeling the more deranged aspects of Villanelle.
Murphy def has the chops and look for the part and honestly Nightmare needs a Tenant/Murphy type. You want someone that can go toe to toe with Cumberbatch.

Is that any different than Mahershala Ali being cast as Blade?
No not really different, and that one bugs me too

buuttt, Cottonmouth also wasn't nearly as iconic as Killgrave, who was all over memes and top villain lists and kept getting brought back on JJ because he was so damn good.
Cottonmouth was a good villain who got killed off too quick and shortly forgotten, not nearly as iconic as Killgrave

With a bunch of makeup or CGI, Tennant would be fine and look different enough I'm sure
His Killgrave was just so good in that first season, it's a shame we'll never see a crossover

Let's face it, the MCU TV series aren't really canon to the movie MCU anyway. Sure the TV shows vaguely reference the movie MCU, but it's obvious the studio isn't interested in bringing anyone from TV into the movies.

Let's face it, the MCU TV series aren't really canon to the movie MCU anyway. Sure the TV shows vaguely reference the movie MCU, but it's obvious the studio isn't interested in bringing anyone from TV into the movies.

I know, but the only way they have a hope of making the jump into the MCU is if we keep bangin the gong for em
Tennant, Ritter, D'Onofrio, Cox, and Bernthal all deserve to show up in the MCU

Maybe D’Onofrio, but maybe not if he doesn’t get to show up in a Spider-Man movie.

I’m already rooting for Bernthal to play Ben Grimm as well since I’m hoping the Mahershala Ali/Gemma Chan (and Alfre Woodard, if you want to get technical) thing inspires further recasting (repurposing?)

Keanu Reeves is interesting. Kind of an evil Constantine.

I wonder why they’re targeting not one but two doctors from doctor who? I guess they have great geek cred

Sherlock vs. Doctor Who.

The biggest match-up of 2011, coming ten years after the fact.

I think Tennant or Smith would fit the part better than Keanu (who tbh I just don't think is a good actor), and out of those two I'd pick Tennant. He can play some really ****ed up villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"