Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' started by Speed Force, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Consona Registered

Why should Marvel take hints from DC? Disney wants to make money, not interesting films.

#151 Consona, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    blackdragon6, samsnee and Hello2016 like this.
  2. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Horror fits though when you're villain is Nightmare. Nightmare is a fear entity.

blackdragon6 and MahvelBaby! like this.
  3. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

They could've had Morgan Le Fay as a main villain instead of Nightmare. I thought Elizabeth Hurley did quite well in the role in Runaways, although I wish she had her purple-tinted hair. She seems more of a threat for Dr Strange than Nico Minoru too.

4. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

The whole time watching Runaways, I was like "Isn't this some s**t Strange should already know about?!"
    lol

5. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Exactly. It seemed to also be almost the end of the world (just like it often was in Agents of SHIELD) and yet it was highly contained to a small area and thwarted by just a handful of people instead of the combined might of all the movie MCU heroes.

If Thanos showed up on Agents of SHIELD, I'm sure they alone would be able to handle him. :o

samsnee and psylockolussus like this.
  6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If they wanted to make the movie about something else, it could be about Dr Strangepork from the Muppets instead:

[​IMG]

Silvermoth likes this.
  7. MahvelBaby! Registered

If this guy really left over the release date that's weak sauce that can't be it

8. Silvermoth Avenger

9. Heretic Registered

I think it's past time to just accept that the shows created by the old tv regime were in an alternate universe. In that universe, the Avengers seemingly ceased to exist a few years ago.

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well AOS has to be an alternate universe now, because there's no mention of the snap, the most recent season was not set 5 years later, and somehow the world was cracked apart by Graviton (or maybe Quake the first time round) and no-one knew about it.

They couldn't have known that Endgame was going to make a 5-year jump anyway, so AOS didn't plan for that.

It's like how Dallas and Knots Landing parted ways at some point in their shows' history even though the latter was a spin-off of the former. They just became incompatible with their timelines after Bobby Ewing notoriously came back from the dead in the shower and one whole season was revealed to be all a dream.

11. samsnee Ok

I stopped watching Agents of Shield after the ghost rider season. I just couldn’t reconcile how it could be in the same universe as the movies.

psylockolussus likes this.
  12. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well that season was still relatively workable. After that, definitely not. And also I found the following seasons (5 and 6) really slow and boring by comparison, especially the start of season 5 with the Kree, which was a chore to sit through. So I don't think you missed much.

Season 6 had nothing to do with anything with the comics and could've easily been its own sci-fi show in its own universe, as it didn't even have a comic villain at all. And there wasn't even a hint of the snap or being 5 years later.

samsnee and psylockolussus like this.
  13. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

And Wb doesn't?

At least Marvel has yet to deliver their Bvs, Jl and Suicide Squad. I'd rather see them stickto their tried and tested formula, than be well received than those films.

14. Hello2016 Registered

I remember in 16 Candles there was actual nudity. That's what PG stands for. PG-13 established in 1984 turned into a misnomar over the years.

Check out the following article pertaining to G-Rated films (I have respect for unrated and R-rated only now as a result):
    In edgy times, little room for G-rated films - The Boston Globe

15. Consona Registered

BvS is the most interesting comicbook film ever made and one of the best films regardless the genre, so miss me with that MCU makes better films bulls**t.
    MCU has some great moments buried in its overall blandness and sterility and some MCU films are borderline brain-dead snore-fests, I was considering leaving the cinema more than several times during GotG 2, Ragnarok or Black Panther because of how fricking bored I was by their vapidity. Feige is a wimp who caters to aquarium fish, 10 year olds and chinese market.
    I’d trade the whole MCU with all those Avengers flicks and trilogies and whatnot for another Man of Steel, BvS, The Dark Knight or Days of Future Past in an instant.

WB now are creating similar crap as MCU has been. Wonder Woman was an average generic CB flick, Aquaman was straight-up trash.
    Ayer's SS was so f**ked up by WB that it's basicallly not his film, something like Snyder and JL. And at least Amanda Waller felt more badass and smart than Thanos with all those universe-altering gems and his stupid-ass -I'm gonna kill half of the life in the universe because that's the dumbest plan ever conceived- goal. Shame WB decided to reshoot and recut the whole thing to make it more four-quadrant like GotG. I'd love to see the original vision. It would have kicked ass so much. F***ing hate the cinema culture MCU has brought. So vanilla. We need more people who greenlight things like Joker or BvS and less MCU style producers.

WB were just lucky someone like Nolan and Snyder were working for them, creating something that really was interesting, glad those f***ers who meddled with Sucker Punch, BvS, SS and JL are gone, but I'm still not sure about the new establishment either. Eh. Hope more people like Todd Phillips will get opportunities to make CB films.
    I don't care about brands, I care about films. I'd love Marvel characters to be free from Disney and I'd love more bold WB producers who really believe in their filmmakers again.

That image was just a joke on MCU's depiction of the "multiverse of madness". I'm not trying to define the PG rating.

16. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Okay I stopped right there.

Kane52630 likes this.
  17. THORin Registered

“Average generic CB flick” Wonder Woman is everything you think BvS is, and that’s all I have to say on the matter. :shrug:

18. Silvermoth Avenger

This isn’t mine but I saw it and thought it would be good for a laugh

[​IMG]

Kev4000 and Blackman like this.
  19. Consona Registered

If you can't accept another people's opinions then there's nothing to discuss.

Btw, on the topic I was writing about, I've just discovered that WB didn't want to make Joker at all, and there was only one exec who was helping Phillips and was pushing for the film to get greenlit, and it took over a year. So big thanks to people like her who believe in creativity and not just popcorn entertainment. Seems like the rest of WB are the same kind of wimps Feige is.

20. Albright Registered

I don‘t see Feige being a wimp.
    Or do you think its a safe business to give million dollar projects to not so A-List directors like Jon Favreau, James Gunn, the Russos, Taika... used to be when they shot their first MCU movie
    The only safe choice was Kenneth Brannagh

21. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I just can't take it seriously, thats why I added him in my ignore list. Imagine going to a Doctor Strange 2 thread, only to see someone complain about Marvel then hail Bvs as one of the best cbm ever. Yeah just no.

Limonade likes this.
  22. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Consona Registered