Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed your you tube video. See the code AFTER the "=" equal sign? THAT is what you put in between the You tube tags :D

I thought it was everything before the = :doh:

The only way to properly develop villains is on tv like kingpin and purple man. There isn't enough time in a 2 hour movie where you focus on the hero's journey.

The only way to properly develop villains is on tv like kingpin and purple man. There isn't enough time in a 2 hour movie where you focus on the hero's journey.

Yeah, unless it's over multiple movies like Loki, or a well known villain like the joker or the riddler. I feel Kingpin is being well developed and hope to see him in the big screen, hopefully with the solo spiderman movie. Not sure why
they killed Killgrave, missed opportunity to develop him IMO

I dont know how much more development that he needed imo.

we will see if it will be a different Marvel movie Tuesday.

Do you think dr strange will reach the popularity of those like iron man and cap? Assuming the movie is critically acclaimed.

I meant for the general audience.

Do you think dr strange will reach the popularity of those like iron man and cap? Assuming the movie is critically acclaimed.

Doubt it.

I think it's certainly possible. Much like GOTG or Deadpool, Strange is something new and exciting. And with an already beloved star in the role, there's a good chance for him to smoothly sail into icon status.

I think it's certainly possible. Much like GOTG or Deadpool, Strange is something new and exciting. And with an already beloved star in the role, there's a good chance for him to smoothly sail into icon status.

This. As long as Marvel writes him well with engaging stories, he'll be up there.

On the topic of who Mikkelsen is playing, those set pics make me wonder if the Belasco suggestion could have some merit. His physical appearance did change in the comics after he aligned himself with the Marvel version Elder Gods. And that EW story from January suggested that his character was trying to bring some evil forces to Earth.

On the topic of who Mikkelsen is playing, those set pics make me wonder if the Belasco suggestion could have some merit. His physical appearance did change in the comics after he aligned himself with the Marvel version Elder Gods. And that EW story from January suggested that his character was trying to bring some evil forces to Earth.

Wouldn't Fox have his rights?

I would guess yes, but, once again, you never can tell.

Given there's a decent chance he'll be the villain of New Mutants, though, I'd hesitate to think he'd be the Doctor Strange villain.

The set pics make him seem like they are going voodoo zombie direction with the mindless ones instead of golem like creatures. I wonder if Mads is playing an original character

He can be more popular than Cap was before TWS. Doubt he'll get up there with Iron Man or current Cap with just one film though.

So the time gem will be explored in Dr Strange? Interesting...makes me wonder about the Soul gem...

Tomorrow feels so long away right now. Dark Souls 3 and the first Doctor Strange trailer. :mrk:

I thought the trailer was supposed to drop on the 11th.

Tomorrow feels so long away right now. Dark Souls 3 and the first Doctor Strange trailer. :mrk:

Yeah Im excited for both too but for some reason Amazon isnt shipping my Dark Souls 3 until today so I won't get it til Thursday.:mad:

I thought the trailer was supposed to drop on the 11th.

Yeah Im excited for both too but for some reason Amazon isnt shipping my Dark Souls 3 until today so I won't get it til Thursday.:mad:
I assumed they were holding it until tomorrow night because Cumberbatch is on Jimmy Kimmel.

And that is some BS from Amazon. Do you have Prime? Because if so, that is even more of a crime. I am thankfully picking mine up.

I assumed they were holding it until tomorrow night because Cumberbatch is on Jimmy Kimmel.

And that is some BS from Amazon. Do you have Prime? Because if so, that is even more of a crime. I am thankfully picking mine up.

Yeah I've got Prime. Some over on Blu-ray.com had the same issue. They contacted Amazon and Amazon fixed there's. It was some sort of system error or something. I forgot to contact customer service and have them fix mine.

when will get the trailer? how long until Jimmy Kimmel show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"