Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who say it wasn't trippy enough.

Be a little patient. It's just a teaser.

Last edited:
Didn't see anyone post this
Cf5RiwUXIAMLNcc.jpg

I never in a million years would have guessed we get a Dr Strange movie and one with a poster as cool as this.

For those who say it wasn't tippy enough.

Be a little patient. It's just a teaser.

It's inevitable man. There's no stopping it - they always forget what teasers are all about, especially when the movie is like 8 months away and has plenty of post-production left.

It's inevitable man. There's no stopping it - they always forget what teasers are all about, especially when the movie is like 8 months away and has plenty of post-production left.

I expect there's plenty of fine tuning and different approaches on making the magic right
The look can make or break the film, and showing goofy unfinished rainbows firing everywhere wouldn't be good for promo lol
Or we could have nightmarish flashbacks to that version of X-Men Origins Wolverine that leaked early with only basic VFX...

The tone looks quite different to previous Marvel movies. I am definitely intrigued.

Marvel really seem to know what they are doing, With their actors, films, characters, costumes... Still can't believe what Feige did with the MCU. It's like winner after winner with each movie. Strange will prove no less.

Marvel loves pushing the boundaries of the superhero genre.

Anyone who says all MCU films look the same needs to be slapped.

I'm going to make a bold statement and predict this is going to be far more popular than what most people expect.

The tone looks quite different to previous Marvel movies. I am definitely intrigued.

Marvel really seem to know what they are doing, With their actors, films, characters, costumes... Still can't believe what Feige did with the MCU. It's like winner after winner with each movie. Strange will prove no less.

This Dr. Strange film is Feige's baby according to everything I've heard and read. I'm just glad it has a fresh vibe. Quite the departure from all other MCU films.

Last edited:
I guess Tom Holland should keep his accent as well? I don't get it, is he supposed to never play American characters? Were Marvel supposed to change the character's nationality just because Cumberbatch was playing him?

I just think Cumberbatch's real voice has the power and gravitas I always imagined Dr. Strange's voice would have. Probably my bias seeping through in my initial knee jerk reaction to a trailer I just saw. I'll get over it in due time I am sure.

This Dr. Strange film is Feige's baby according to everything I've heard and read. I'm just glad it has a fresh look and vibe. Quite the departure from all other MCU films.

It should be Doctor Strange is one of Marvel's best characters. Period. End of story.

The thought that this movie exists. We've come so far in the MCU.

So not being that well versed in Dr Strange mythology in the comics are his powers simply 'magic' or does he manipulate the laws of physics? Coz the trailer seems to indicate the latter.

I'm going to make a bold statement and predict this is going to be far more popular than what most people expect.

China will love it as they love anything with Cumberbatch. They put the Sherlock Christmas special and Hamlet recordings on top at the box office. So if all else fails Marvel has that to fall back on like with Ant-Man.
Its biggest struggle will be going up against Fantastic Beasts, a certain other story involving a British sorcerer in America.

So not being that well versed in Dr Strange mythology in the comics are his powers simply 'magic' or does he manipulate the laws of physics? Coz the trailer seems to indicate the latter.

There are parallel and alternate dimensions in the Dr. Strange mythos. Things get trippy a lot of the time.

hopefully, it's both.

cuz it's time to introduce full blown magic, sorcery, and mysticism into the MCU.

I'm sold. Don't want or need to see anything else from his movie. Going on a media blackout for his film until November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"