Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good.

Except the part about Tony Stark cameo. Why not Steve or someone new? It always has to be Stark.

Two sets of news linked together: I listened to a Comic Con inteview with Scott Derrickson and he stated:
"Kaecilius is the antagonist, or one of the major antagonists in the movie. Played by the great Mads Mikkelsen, who is sitting to my left. It was a really small character in the comics, but we wanted someone that we could create an interesting history for, and I’m not going to give too much away, but I will say he is connected to a larger other dimensional force in the movie."

Snippets of Dan Harmon's script titles leaked, spoiler warning for who this other dimensional force Scott speaks of is. They leaked at Comic Con prior to the announcement we have now of Harmon writing.
I think Harmon had worked on these scenes a while ago, and they were filmed the other week after Cumberbatch was done with Sherlock and Comic Con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIGmnVQFZns
Video contains the explanation for the leak.
http://i.imgur.com/U62CsDj.png Screenshot of the leak.

Scene Titles from what I can read:
Kaecilius Seduction
Mirror Realm Explanation
Relic Room Fiery Whip Scene
Opening Operation
First Ritual
Magical Mystery Tour
Strange Confronts Dormammu
???? Church 2
Second Ritual

So Dormammu is in the movie, not just his work though Kaecilius, whether he was always in it, or added in these additional scenes who knows.
This makes me think Mads won't play both, seeing as Kaecilius is "seduced" by him. If Benjamin Bratt really is Dormammu's voice instead I'm not too enthusiastic.

Last edited:
Sounds good.

Except the part about Tony Stark cameo. Why not Steve or someone new? It always has to be Stark.

I would agree with you except that Stark is a free man who has authorization to gather powered-people and Cap has none of that.

Yeah I understand but why does cameos always have to be from someone who is looking to gather people. Something like the Wolverine cameo from First Class is gold even though it wasn't much.

Last edited:
I've never been a huge Doctor Strange fan, but after researching Dormammu a bit, I am convinced that this guy could be one of the most badass characters to integrate into the MCU. I hope this happens!

Movie rumors from 4chan (Take with a grain of salt)
Test screenings have been very positive so far

- The recent reshoots were to streamline Strange's training which takes up most of the second act, and also add a little more humor and a Tony Stark cameo

- Kevin Feige is being particularly careful with this movie because Doctor Strange and Baron Mordo are supposed to become major recurring characters in the MCU going forward

- The time stone is featured in the movie

- The movie takes place simultaneously to the MCU, with Stephen Strange's accident happening shortly after Tony Stark returns from Afghanistan and his training spanning all the other movies

- Mads Mikkelsen's character, Kaecilius, is aligned with Dormammu, who will have a bigger role in the sequels

- There are already plans for a sequel with Benedict Cumberbatch and Chiwetel Ejiofor certain to return, but there are no other developments as of right now

- The casting of the Ancient One was complex because of how people perceive it as an stereotype and because of the association with Tibet in light of how the Chinese box-office is important to movie studios nowadays. Tilda Swinton was picked because of he unusual she looks

James Gunn debunked the Guardians portion of the rumors, so if the op was lying about that chances were the rest was a lie too.

The Hashtag show has a rumor about some cameos.

[YT]DV-B5unXcR8[/YT]

Sounds good.

I used to love Tony now I find myself praying for every new scene he appears to be his death scene.

I used to love Tony now I find myself praying for every new scene he appears to be his death scene.

I agree... but not to the point of expecting his death scene. :lmao: I used to like the character until just before Iron Man 3. It was downhill from there.

On the other hand, I freaking hate that I love Steve Rogers so much. Didn't expect to see Captain America become my favorite character from the MCU when I first heard they were making Captain America: The First Avenger. That movie changed my opinion about him forever. I am even contemplating if he is becoming my favorite from all of Marvel displacing Thor and Spider-Man.

Give Steve a goddamn cameo in one of the solo movies. I would go watch the movie just for him.

The Hashtag show has a rumor about some cameos.

[YT]DV-B5unXcR8[/YT]

I am wondering why MARVEL keeps the spelling VOODOO. In academia we consider this spelling racist because it relates to problematic misconstruction of the Haitian religion as devil-worship, sorcery, witchcraft, cannibalism, etc.etc. I'm wondering if the comics should also change the spelling of the term to Vodun, Vodou, Vodoun, Vaudou etc. and start to take the character Brother Vodou more seriously?!...or maybe it is time to scrap the name and character alltogether. In the end there is also not a superhero called "Brother Christianity" walking around in comic books using his magical abilities to feed people with bread and fish and fight Doctor Strange's nemesis Dormammu with the power of love.

Last edited:
Two sets of news linked together: I listened to a Comic Con inteview with Scott Derrickson and he stated:
"Kaecilius is the antagonist, or one of the major antagonists in the movie. Played by the great Mads Mikkelsen, who is sitting to my left. It was a really small character in the comics, but we wanted someone that we could create an interesting history for, and I’m not going to give too much away, but I will say he is connected to a larger other dimensional force in the movie."

Snippets of Dan Harmon's script titles leaked, spoiler warning for who this other dimensional force Scott speaks of is. They leaked at Comic Con prior to the announcement we have now of Harmon writing.
I think Harmon had worked on these scenes a while ago, and they were filmed the other week after Cumberbatch was done with Sherlock and Comic Con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIGmnVQFZns
Video contains the explanation for the leak.
http://i.imgur.com/U62CsDj.png Screenshot of the leak.

Scene Titles from what I can read:
Kaecilius Seduction
Mirror Realm Explanation
Relic Room Fiery Whip Scene
Opening Operation
First Ritual
Magical Mystery Tour
Strange Confronts Dormammu
???? Church 2
Second Ritual

So Dormammu is in the movie, not just his work though Kaecilius, whether he was always in it, or added in these additional scenes who knows.
This makes me think Mads won't play both, seeing as Kaecilius is "seduced" by him. If Benjamin Bratt really is Dormammu's voice instead I'm not too enthusiastic.

I'm pretty sure it was Harmon trolling the fans, which he is fond of doing.

What about these rumors Dr. Strange takes place between Iron Man 1 & 2?

Guys, I think the rumor states that his accident happens during the events of IM1 & his training takes eight years, all the way up till' present MCU time. It's a really cool idea imo.

Anyway, i'm pretty excited for this movie.

I would appreciate his training taking years that's really good world building.

Wish my X-Men were as detail oriented

Guys, I think the rumor states that his accident happens during the events of IM1 & his training takes eight years, all the way up till' present MCU time. It's a really cool idea imo.

Anyway, i'm pretty excited for this movie.

That actually sounds awesome. Could be another reason he was mentioned in the Winter Soldier, HYDRA knew he was training. Although I like to think his name drop was just an easter egg.

Movie rumors from 4chan (Take with a grain of salt)
Test screenings have been very positive so far

- The recent reshoots were to streamline Strange's training which takes up most of the second act, and also add a little more humor and a Tony Stark cameo

- Kevin Feige is being particularly careful with this movie because Doctor Strange and Baron Mordo are supposed to become major recurring characters in the MCU going forward

- The time stone is featured in the movie

- The movie takes place simultaneously to the MCU, with Stephen Strange's accident happening shortly after Tony Stark returns from Afghanistan and his training spanning all the other movies

- Mads Mikkelsen's character, Kaecilius, is aligned with Dormammu, who will have a bigger role in the sequels

- There are already plans for a sequel with Benedict Cumberbatch and Chiwetel Ejiofor certain to return, but there are no other developments as of right now

- The casting of the Ancient One was complex because of how people perceive it as an stereotype and because of the association with Tibet in light of how the Chinese box-office is important to movie studios nowadays. Tilda Swinton was picked because of he unusual she looks

I wish Marvel would spend more time working on improving the MCU's one-note villains and less time worrying about meeting some humor quota.

Sounds good.

I think it would be interesting for get black panther making a cameo seeing as he, Strange and Wanda have ties to magic. In Black Panther's case he's able to tap imto the quantum level dimensions, is involved with sorcery, the spiritual world, alchemy and ancient magic. It could be cool to see Strange having a little glimpse into Wakanda or come across T'Challa in astral form in one if the realities.

Just watched the trailer again and I love this scene with all the cars going different ways. Their interpretation of reality once the wool has been removed from our eyes has got me really excited about this movie's visuals.

Surfer

doctor-strange-image-dimensions.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"