Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time Change Saturday night!!
ilujHzE.png
again?????
edit: oh, I see. US has a different date for the change than Europe. I didn't know that. But that would explain why all NFL games were on hour earlier last week

I could have been seeing this tonight but I work tomorrow so I decided to change my ticket to tomorrow night so I can see it and relax and sleep in the next morning.

Ah well, I can wait another 24 hours.

again?????
edit: oh, I see. US has a different date for the change than Europe. I didn't know that. But that would explain why all NFL games were on hour earlier last week
Yeah it changed a few years ago. It WAS in october, now november

I could have been seeing this tonight but I work tomorrow so I decided to change my ticket to tomorrow night so I can see it and relax and sleep in the next morning.

Ah well, I can wait another 24 hours.
I was thinking about seeing the 3D tomorrow myself

I was thinking about seeing the 3D tomorrow myself

Seeing it in UltraAVX 3D tomorrow night. Not usually a 3D guy but, like many people here, I figured this is a rare must-see in 3D.

Wish I could be seeing it in IMAX 3D but there are no IMAX screens where I live unfortunately.

The more I think about this movie, the more I like it lol, it's definitely grown on me. I think I'm going to try and check it out again in 2D with my Dad and a friend of mine who couldn't make it today.

Holy ****ing ****, the movie was AMAZING!! :applaud I have the same feeling after seeing this movie that I had after seeing Iron Man 1, I can't wait for number 2.
Mordo, hollllyyy crap!
I can't wait to learn more about the Multiverse and I can't wait to see more of Benedict's Strange.

I'd probably rank this movie in my top 5 Comic book movies of all time, seriously, it was that good. Lovvved it. :up: :up: Marvel continues to blow me away. :woot:

Marvel continues to underwhelm me this year... this was a decent film but nothing special. Very bombastic but not a lot of plot and yet another weak villian.

That being said I really did enjoy this film unlike CW where I was just hoping for it to end.

I personally thought Kaecilius & (the zealots) was a badass, awesome villain. He served his purpose in the story, was a formidable threat to Strange and the sorcerers.

How many after credit scenes are there
Two.

Holy ****ing ****, the movie was AMAZING!! :applaud I have the same feeling after seeing this movie that I had after seeing Iron Man 1, I can't wait for number 2.
Mordo, hollllyyy crap!
I can't wait to learn more about the Multiverse and I can't wait to see more of Benedict's Strange.

I'd probably rank this movie in my top 5 Comic book movies of all time, seriously, it was that good. Lovvved it. :up: :up: Marvel continues to blow me away. :woot:

Glad you liked it!!! lol saw the 2d seeing the 3d tomorrow hopefully

Damn it, I didn't stay for the second one.
You really didn't miss much
Mordo goes to the guy with the severed back that went to the Ancient One, and steels his magic out of him saying, "there doesn't need to be so many Sorcerer supremes" and leaves him on the floor not being able to walk

You really didn't miss much
Mordo goes to the guy with the severed back that went to the Ancient One, and steels his magic out of him saying, "there doesn't need to be so many Sorcerer supremes" and leaves him on the floor not being able to walk

Close. Mordo says something like
''I recently had a revelation. I've finally realised what is wrong with the world [takes the magic from Pangborn that heals him, probably leaving him for dead].....too many sorcerers....'' ; the intimation being that Mordo's agenda is now to rid the world of all sorcerers that he deems surplus or unfit, which will no doubt put him directly in conflict with Strange. Hell, maybe Strange is one of his targets.
I thought it set things up quite well and he definately had a menacing edge to him, such is a testament to the actor who can play both hero and villain equally well.

Last edited:
I just love how Marvel gradually builds weirder and weirder concepts over the years with their more 'out-there' characters . If you look at Thor,TDW,GotG,Ant-Man and now DS, the visuals and concepts just get crazier from movie to movie. I can't wait to see what they do with both GotG2 and Ragnarok.

I just love how Marvel gradually builds weirder and weirder concepts over the years with their more 'out-there' characters . If you look at Thor,TDW,GotG,Ant-Man and now DS, the visuals and concepts just get crazier from movie to movie. I can't wait to see what they do with both GotG2 and Ragnarok.
Without Kirby and Ditko's wild imaginations these films wouldn't be here.
I still would love to hear from Mr Ditko about the movie

Without Kirby and Ditko's wild imaginations these films wouldn't be here.
I still would love to hear from Mr Ditko about the movie
"When a movie isn't objectivly bad, it is good. There is no grey, only black and white. I prefer movies that are black and white!"
-my best Ditko impression

is it a good idea to see this movie in 3D, even though 3D is $20 more expensive at the movie theater?

I'll post a full review when I get the opportunity but to summarize: I cannot believe what I just saw, and I mean that in a good way. Forget Guardians and Ant-man; Dr. Strange is official, undeniable proof that this is Marvel's world and we're all just living in it.

is it a good idea to see this movie in 3D, even though 3D is $20 more expensive at the movie theater?

Honestly, I'd say skip the 3D.

Forget Guardians and Ant-man; Dr. Strange is official, undeniable proof that this is Marvel's world and we're all just living in it.

Agree. We really at the peak of the time, when whatever Marvel do, it is given to be highly aclaimed and make some huge cash.
Even if they do a Squirrel Girl movie, it is given that it will crack 500+ million.

Even if they do a Squirrel Girl movie, it is given that it will crack 500+ million.

If we were to ever get a Squirrel Girl movie, it'll only be as a gesture from Marvel to rub their nuts (pun not intended) on the faces of the competition.

I'll post a full review when I get the opportunity but to summarize: I cannot believe what I just saw, and I mean that in a good way. Forget Guardians and Ant-man; Dr. Strange is official, undeniable proof that this is Marvel's world and we're all just living in it.

Honestly, I'd say skip the 3D.

yeah, but my parents are trying to push me to see 3D version no matter what, and say it will ruin the movie experience, if we see it in 2D, because a review that they saw said the movie was completely shot in 3D, but ported down to 2D, and my parents say that the movie would look blurry in 2D.

yeah, but my parents are trying to push me to see 3D version no matter what, and say it will ruin the movie experience, if we see it in 2D, because a review that they saw said the movie was completely shot in 3D, but ported down to 2D, and my parents say that the movie would look blurry in 2D.

I didn't mind the 3D so even if you end up having to see it in that format it will be fine. I just didn't find it necessary.

Given how unexpectedly great the recent SG comic is, I think a film/series is inevitable at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"