Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange' started by Thread Manager, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McSir Registered

I just thought of a completely inane nitpick but it's bugging me, so I'll air it: does Strange have a family? Presumably yeah, right?

We know about the parents/families of Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, etc. and we can assume Black Widow was probably taken or given away. What about Doc Strange? Are his parents/relatives ever brought up in the comics? His parents could be dead, I guess, though he's only late 30's/early 40's so it'd be odd. I dunno why I'm stuck on this.

2. Stark Bauer Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

All we heard was a ZAP! And we are supposed to assume he is dead. You can't kill what isn't material. He is immaterial.

3. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I saw it Saturday, I thought the film was very good. Cumberbatch was great, the other actors did a good job as well. Rachel McAdams had nothing to do though, she was completely wasted. Probably the worse MCU love interest character from integration into the story standpoint. Truly a thankless role that McAdams was way over qualified for. The visuals are outstanding, psychedelic meets Inception. I liked the whole magical idea. It bothered me that the only Asian character had such a small role and the plot is very by the numbers but I felt that the good far outweighed the problematic.

8.5/10

4. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Well, I won't say McAdams is the "love interest" of Stephen Strange, but rather his ex-girlfriend and a fellow co-worker. They didn't even kiss at the end. While I agree that she got a minor role, I think she provides the individual who represent the non-magic person who sees the mystic arts for the first time, and she also gives him the link to humanity that he was sorely lacking as a top neurosurgeon who didn't care for anybody. I'm hoping that Scott Erickson (the director) will have bigger plan for her for the sequel.

I do agree that Wong got a role that is too limited and I wish there were more, but I heard he's going to show up in Avengers: Infinity War. Maybe he will have some nice screen time there.

5. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

She was a sort of love interest. Why would they even make her his ex-girlfriend if they didn't want anyone to see her that way? She could have easily just been a friend.

6. Blitzkrieg Registered

[YT]GwlzbpzyFdE[/YT]

I agree with everything here. :D

7. Mike Murdock Registered

I remember he had a sister who drowned. Marvel wiki says he has a brother who is apparently a supervillain (yay...). This was apparently brought about by the death of their parents. After Strange's mother died, he was overcome with grief and couldn't bring himself to even visit his father as he was dying. Even his brother is now dead, so he has no family anymore.

The death of his sister is usually used to explain why he became so callous and lost his idealism in medicine.

8. AlluAllu Registered

Funny. Thor and now Spider-Man are only heroes with a living parent. And DD too, if we count Netflix.

9. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Hopefully we'll see the drowning scene on the Blu-Ray as while he said it didnt ultimately fit the movie, Derrickson said it was dynamite as a standalone scene.

10. First Avenger Registered

11. sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

But Strange is that guy. And Palmer doesn't serve that purpose in the story.

It takes a trip through the multiverse to convince him there's something to the idea of magic. Palmer keeps him from dying, that's about all the plot significance she has. By the time we see her again, we're well into magic being established in the film.

12. Vartha Mod of Thunder

It's alittle obvious Strange is in Ragnarok, probably a very short appearance but more than a cameo

13. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Bloody hell that would be great. Ragnarok looking more awesome by the day.

14. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I just want to see those gloves Strange is wearing. Hope they aren't too campy. Thought he looked fine without gloves

15. Zarex Registered

Strange, Hulk, Valkrie - 70s era Defenders team up confirmed!

16. Vartha Mod of Thunder

REALLY? Where was it confirmed?

17. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

... Well.... Strange, Val and Hulk are all in the movie...... that is confirmed.

if you're wanting the title "defenders" confirmed with them.. no that's not what he meant. Just that half the team is there.

18. Solaire Registered

Can't wait to see the new spells from Strange. Marvel does an amazing job of making their heroes better as the films go on. Whether it's learning new techniques, abilities or getting better gear.

19. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I have a feeling that like in the animated movies, Beta Ray Bill would replace Surfer, so, yeah, Ragnarok would be a great place to start that

20. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

On the matter of dead MCU villains. . . hmm, I'd say the ones I'd call dead-dead even by comic book standards are:

1. Obadiah Stane
    2. Laufey
    3. Malekith
    4. Alexander Pierce
    5. Ronan the Accuser
    6. Crossbones

And probably a couple minor ones, too. This ones all died in circumstances were there is exceptionally little room for doubt. Either they are normal humans who died in various obvious and inarguable circumstances, or else they are superhumans who died in circumstances involving great power wielded with no consideration for *not* killing them. Everyone else you have at least some wiggle room about "not finding the body" or the nature of their powers.

( I don't consider "could be brought back via Infinity Stone begoobery" to count, as that could technically bring *anyone* back. )

21. Mr.T Registered

I thought they looked good. They had some weird stitching or some type of hole in the joints below the knuckle. At least I thought I saw that. I looked closely just for them today......

22. Enriquespy Registered

I didn't knew Valkirie was on Ragsy.

23. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Man, I wish there were pics lol

24. Sleiek Registered

Just came back from watching the movie. I really enjoyed it. Felt like something is missing but it really blew my expectations on certain things like trippy visuals and the action that is integrated to it.

25. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Glad you liked it! Yeah most people are saying it felt the same way

like it was missing training and the like

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.