Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 4

Darkraid
Side-Kick

icon1.gif
Re: Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 3
Looking at the election now, I wish Strange would jump in and use the Eye of Agamotto.
Yeah me too

Last edited:
Dang that's the 2nd thread I've closed today! lol

Me too. I really thought people were smart enough to not vote for Trump. Where is the freaking Eye of Agamoto when you need it.

Actually you need the Inferno device. ;)

But if he did, we would be stuck in a time loop and the election would never end!

You're saying like it's a bad thing.

At least it will prevent Donald Trump/Dormammu from becoming president.

It's true, ya know.

LOL!!! The Eye of Agammatto would surely be useful today. :p

Trump/Dormammu now that's funny!

Dormammu, I've come to bargain. Your hot sister, she's going to be one of my girls for next year's beauty pageant.

160118134132-donald-trump-nigel-parry-large-169.jpg

Last edited:
LOL!!! The Eye of Agammatto would surely be useful today. :p

Trump/Dormammu now that's funny!
to ME it's more a Red Skull type comparison lol

Saw it mentioned on twitter, not sure if it was an article or what, but there is thought that if Dr Strange does well enough, he could replace Tony Stark as the face of the MCU.

Saw it mentioned on twitter, not sure if it was an article or what, but there is thought that if Dr Strange does well enough, he could replace Tony Stark as the face of the MCU.

I don't think Marvel is the type of studio that lets outside decisions run their planning. I've read long before the film opened that it was their plan all along that Benedict would be the new anchor of the MCU. Marvel probably banked on it years in advance.

And as much as I love Evans, Hemsworth etc. Cumberbatch as Strange is the first time I was like ''ooooh this is like lightning in a bottle for the 2nd time after RDJ as Stark''. They've really hit the jackpot on this one. Their casting was always on point but this is that moment I felt with RDJ as Stark.

I don't think Marvel is the type of studio that lets outside decisions run their planning. I've read long before the film opened that it was their plan all along that Benedict would be the new anchor of the MCU. Marvel probably banked on it years in advance.

And as much as I love Evans, Hemsworth etc. Cumberbatch as Strange is the first time I was like ''ooooh this is like lightning in a bottle for the 2nd time after RDJ as Stark''. They've really hit the jackpot on this one. Their casting was always on point but this is that moment I felt with RDJ as Stark.

Especially if that's the direction they're taking phase 4 in

They guy doesn't have tough action scenes so age isn't going to be a huge barrier. He doesn't need to be in the shape of a Thor or Cap. Marvel wants him. He can't get paid as much anywhere else. He's gonna be around a good while at least appearing in other character's films.

It's very convenient his "superpower" is his brain and wearing battle armor.

So the eye is an infinity stone. Am I the only one who has a problem with that?

So [blackout]the eye is an infinity stone[/blackout]. Am I the only one who has a problem with that?

No. But we've known about it, or at least suspected it, for a very long time. Enough to come to terms with it.

It ties it all together. Once Thanos is defeated or just leaves us alone, every stone will go back to what it was.

The Eye of Agomotto houses the Time stone, but that doesn't mean the eye itself isn't magical.

considering the eye was just used to control time, this in no way means that that's the only thing it can do...

in the comics
The Eye is a weapon of wisdom that can radiate a powerful mystical light that allows Strange to see through all disguises and illusions, see past events, and track both ethereal and corporeal beings by their psychic or magical emissions. The light given off by the Eye also weakens a variety of evil mystical beings, such as demons, devils, undead beings, dark extradimensional entities, and even sufficiently corrupt human practitioners of the Dark Arts. Strange can use it to probe the minds of others, project a powerful mystical shield, and create portals to other dimensions. It has also been used to place beings into suspended animation, and it serves as the clasp for his Cloak of Levitation; during the early years of the Defenders Strange used the light of the Eye to levitate objects as heavy as the Hulk and Professor Xavier plus his wheelchair together, or the Thing, with minimal effort while simultaneously magically controlling the cloak to fly himself, carrying a total of at least seven Megagrams (fifteen thousand pounds). The Eye of Agamotto can be used to transport a group of dozens of beings of all kinds and power levels into another point within a universe, as Strange did to combat the threat of Thanos.

it's quite possible without the stone, the eye is still a force to be reconned with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"