Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey Tango

Avenger
Reaction score
A thread for discussion of the good Doctor and his upcoming feature film.

Release date: November 4, 2016
Director: Scott Derrickson

UtEQoUt.jpg

4moSsNv.jpg

Last edited:
Woo-hoo new boards! Now we will be even more spread out lol

Hoping to hear news on a deal with cumberbatch finalized soon :)

Seriously, if the negotiations with Benedict are successful and he's cast, I will be such a happy camper *lol*. Both him and Tom Hiddleston in the MCU? All I would need then is Richard Armitage to be cast somewhere more substantial in the MCU (so excluding his small stint as Heinz Kruger in The First Avenger) and my life would be complete :oldrazz:

Doc Strange finally got a his own section on the hype. Neat. I'm beyond hyped for this. Next to the Avengers sequels, Dr. Strange is my most anticipated.

Doctor Strange will be so cool to see on the big screen, with all of the magic, the strange mystical dimensions, the weird beings, and the mysterious undertone. It's tailor-made for a fascinating movie experience.

Finally we get a forum. I hope the casting negotiations will be done soon, it's such a pain in the a*s reading "_______ CONFIRMED TO PLAY DOCTOR STRANGE!!!111!!!!"

So what sort of film is this going to be? Is he going to be a wizard or more of an eastern action type monk with magical abilities, or a cross between the 2?

If it's the second Cumberbatch might have to do a lot of work.

I barley know much about Doctor Strange besides the Spidey comics hes in, but I'm really stoked for this movie. Its rather intresting and is going to be fresh.

I barley know much about Doctor Strange besides the Spidey comics hes in, but I'm really stoked for this movie. Its rather intresting and is going to be fresh.
Think Lovecraft on acid

We're in a weird kinda limbo with this film with no casting news yet. We have a director, yes, but with Black Panther having concept art released, and the hero and possibly even the villain cast already, it almost feels like that's further ahead even though it comes out a year later.

We're in a weird kinda limbo with this film with no casting news yet. We have a director, yes, but with Black Panther having concept art released, and the hero and possibly even the villain cast already, it almost feels like that's further ahead even though it comes out a year later.
True, but that's because even though the BP solo film doesn't come out until later, he (and possibly elements from his story) will be introduced sooner (if Serkis is indeed playing Klaw in AoU, and having been told that BP will appear in CA:Civil War - which should start filming early next year) so they had elements that needed to be locked down sooner than with Doctor Strange and therefore could be announced sooner.

Since Marvel likes to diversify their casts with at least one black actor, it opens up the possibility of either this guy:

500px-Brother_voodoo.jpg

or a reboot of this guy:

blade-comic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"