You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

just sounds like the typical gibberish from a higher up trying to hype things up, I wouldn't really read into it at all.

Wow. Currently the best selling Blu-Ray on Amazon. Who knew there were so many Adric fans. ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/dvd/ref=zg_b_bs_dvd_1

1MbDOzH.jpg

Wow. Currently the best selling Blu-Ray on Amazon. Who knew there were so many Adric fans. ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/dvd/ref=zg_b_bs_dvd_1

1MbDOzH.jpg

A pity most supermarkets don't reflect the digital pre-order market and record them for future release.
I bet Asda, Morrisons, Tesco, etc. will still have a some crappy film or TV show that tanked upon cinema release or broadcast on their shelves at the No.1 position and not one Season 19 boxed set on the shelves, not even a mention on a printed Top 20 Chart just in case you were wondering what was in that empty space at position #16 or whatever. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
just sounds like the typical gibberish from a higher up trying to hype things up, I wouldn't really read into it at all.

But coming from higher up is even worse. Those idiosyncrasies are what made the Doctor, the Doctor. Throw away those characteristics and he's not the same character anymore.

But coming from higher up is even worse. Those idiosyncrasies are what made the Doctor, the Doctor. Throw away those characteristics and he's not the same character anymore.

A higher up that isn't the showrunner. If this were coming from Chibnall or one of the other writers it might actually be worth paying mind to, but these are just empty words with no meaning coming from an executive producer, a title which quite often means nothing. Wenger oversees hundreds of hours of television a year across numerous shows, the precise portrayal of the Doctor is not his job.

A higher up that isn't the showrunner. If this were coming from Chibnall or one of the other writers it might actually be worth paying mind to, but these are just empty words with no meaning coming from an executive producer, a title which quite often means nothing. Wenger oversees hundreds of hours of television a year across numerous shows, the precise portrayal of the Doctor is not his job.

Eh, means nothing?
Chibnall is an Executive Producer. 'Showrunner' is just an Americanism term for an EP.
Wenger is 'ranked' higher than Chibnall as he's Head of Drama, ala Jane Tranter, Sydney Newman.

Last edited:
If you want the long term fans to continue watching the show then saying that The Doctor won't have "daffiness and idiosyncrasy" of her predecessors won't help.

I know that Wenger wants to attract new viewers for Doctor Who and making long term fans excited for the new series but you don't have to disrespect the show's history in order to do that.

That's a rather insulting quote and not fair on any of the previous actors that have taken the role, each had energy, spark and relatability.

Agreed.

I don't know that I want a Doctor who isn't eccentric.

Plus Tennant didn't have energy and spark? Smith didn't have energy and spark?

Ridiculous thing to suggest.

Relax people. Pretty much all female characters in fiction that has comic elements will be described as "quirky and eccentric." They're just trying to temper expectations and counter that stereotype. The 13th Doctor won't become Lara Croft (as only Sylvester McCoy could pull off short shorts).

I can't believe we still don't have a release date. Seasons usually start in April or September. Nobody said we'd have back-to-back Christmas specials again, so wth?

I can't believe we still don't have a release date. Seasons usually start in April or September. Nobody said we'd have back-to-back Christmas specials again, so wth?

At the latest series 11 will start in mid-October, Chibnall has stated that the christmas special will be a separate episode in addition to series 11 so the finale will have to have aired before Christmas, meaning the absolute latest they could start would be Oct. 21st, I think they'll probably want a few weeks rather than a couple days between the finale and the special though so we're probably looking at early October or very late September. I'm guessing they'll probably make an announcement fairly soon.

Sunday Times reporting a Sunday 23rd September air date

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine...ino-and-jodie-whittakers-doctor-who-tfvldzrw5

SideReel are reporting that the season premieres on Sunday the 23rd of September

https://www.sidereel.com/tv-premieres-finales-calendar?date=September+2018

Sunday September 23rd

4tjsO20.jpg

Sept 23rd is about as soon as I dared to hope for this so definitely stoked that it seems like that's gonna be the premiere.

Works for me. Sept 23rd. Calendars updated. Please be correct.

I'm pleased for the show that it has seen sense and will be broadcast on a Sunday.
The Doctor and his Friends await...

Really glad it would seem a date has been settled on, can't wait.

Hopefully we can get a confirmation on whether or not the date is accurate soon, I just want to know for certain already.

I genuinely have no idea whether I’m going to love this new iteration or hate it... and I’m really pleased about that. Doctor Who became extremely stale during Capaldi’s run. I’m glad everything’s unknown and different right now for Jodie’s turn at the part.

I literally don't know what to expect for the upcoming series and I pleased that its been secretive regarding spoilers. I hope Jodie does well and new writing team provide something refreshing for Doctor Who.

Really doubting that leaked airdate now, I feel like if it had been true the BBC would've confirmed it by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"