You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

My thought is...
some kind of alternate timeline/universe where the Doctor took a similar but not identical path that lead to this version.

And it isn't like we've never seen the alternate dimension/universe play out before, just never with the Doctor.

My thought is...
some kind of alternate timeline/universe where the Doctor took a similar but not identical path that lead to this version.

And it isn't like we've never seen the alternate dimension/universe play out before, just never with the Doctor.

That is another option and probably more likely than mine.

One problem with my earlier idea is
the Police Box Tardis. The Doctor didn't get that until after he stole the original Tardis and its chameleon circuit got stuck when he arrived on Earth in the 60's. It would be a bit contrived for a potential earlier Doctor to have had the exact same thing happen to them. A parallel splintering off some time between Hartnell and before Troughton got a Sonic would make more sense.

I’m a bit worried about that though. Wouldn’t that throw off 11’s ending? Because he believed he used up all his regenerations?

I hope they don’t bum us out with a raw deal and say
Ruth doctor is just a human with time lord memories and a DNA injection or something.

I really love that they cast her so well. I’m always nervous when they do something new they just go off and find someone, you know, that is portrayed much younger or more silly so that older fans don’t feel threatened. Ruth doctor is powerful, intelligent, warm and well, Doctorish

Ruth doctor is just a human with time lord memories and a DNA injection or something.

I really love that they cast her so well. I’m always nervous when they do something new they just go off and find someone, you know, that is portrayed much younger or more silly so that older fans don’t feel threatened. Ruth doctor is powerful, intelligent, warm and well, Doctorish/SPOILER]

I like her more than Jodie Whittaker

I like her more than Jodie Whittaker

Ooh controversial take! I want to weigh in but I know we’re not meant to pit women against each other. Truthfully I feel very lucky to have them both. Wouldn’t now be a fun time to bring the doctor’s daughter back in?

Do you know, we really need a new thread title for the Whittaker Doctor

Doctor Who's Showrunner Wants You To Know That The New Time Lord Is No Joke

However, Chibnall explained that parallel dimensions aren’t at all the reason for the new Doctor’s existence. “The important thing to say is—she is definitively the Doctor. There’s not a sort of parallel universe going on, there’s no tricks,” he said. “Jo Martin is the Doctor, that’s why we gave her the credit at the end which all new Doctors have the first time you see them. John Hurt got that credit.”

That’s a relief. I hate it when geeky stuff does something interesting and then chickens out

Being lectured about microplastics was the last straw. Doctor Who has been removed from my DVR queue. A season and a half of lectures and PC garbage finally broke me. It was good while it lasted Whoverse, but you're nothing but space garbage now.

Last night was the absolute worst of Doctor Who I have seen, including the original run. It was so bad I nearly quit watching which is a first.

The lecturing and pandering is so on the nose I thought it was a plastic surgeon trying to give me a rhinoplasty.

I actually like Whittaker as the Doctor and the companions are fine too (been better, been worse). But these stories are just trash. The previous episode was good. It brought something interesting and new in, then this week it is environmental calamity and brow beating in the most insulting way possible.

Drop Chibnall and get someone else to write and run the show. This guy is killing Doctor Who.

Remember when kids shows had messages about the world. Good times, good times...

I would rather have had Captain Planet writing this episode than Chibnall.

My enthusiasm for Doctor Who is slowly dropping. It just feel like the new series is going through the motions, everything has been done before, recently, and better. Plus, it really wants to talk down to the audience in an obvious way and that's not endearing either.

Have yall heard about this?

Locke & Key's Joe Hill shares the 'smoking rejection' he got after pitching Doctor Who

"So, I spent a month and a half working on three pitches, and man, I have never imagined harder in my whole life. I mean, I just worked so hard on these things," Hill explained. "And by chance, I actually wound up spending a weekend with Neil Gaiman. We were in the same place at the same time, and hanging out a lot, and he actually edited my pitches. He actually went through the pitches and was like, ‘Yes do this. Don’t do that. This is a good idea. Hate this idea.’ You know? And I’m like, you couldn’t ask for a better editor!”

“And so I, you know, with trepidation and my heart in my mouth, I sent in my pitches," Hill continued, "and a couple weeks passed, and I got…the email I got back said, ‘We have never let an American write Doctor Who, and if we were going to, we wouldn’t start with you.

“Is that not the most smoking rejection of all time? I remain in awe. I remain in awe. It’s still my favorite rejection.”

That's some grade A snobbery from the BBC.

I saw the latest episode of doctor who. It was nowhere near as bad as people said it was. Doctor who tackles topical issues all the time, this time is not that different

the only bit I didn’t like was
the way the woman who lost her girlfriend was so flippant about her death. She was a bit like “oh well”[/quote]

I thought it was a great episode last night. Cool concept of having a
trapped god

The episode from the other night was an improvement on the plastic is evil, humans are evil for using plastic, it's all doom and gloom because plastic episode.

I wonder if they’ll do a Christmas special this year? I think it’s a good idea because when they skipped it last time it’s like people forgot about the show

I wonder if they’ll do a Christmas special this year? I think it’s a good idea because when they skipped it last time it’s like people forgot about the show

Chibnall isn't a fan of christmas specials, which is why the Dalek episode was a new years special.

Any way, I really, really enjoyed this Cyberman villain.

This was probably the strongest overall episode of the season.
The threat was really intense and I cared about all the characters even the butler.

Yeah I loved it! The cybermen look better and better each season. Can’t wait to find out what happens next.

it would be interesting if they do a reboot of sorts, as in the Doctor goes back in time and changes something which upsets the whole timeline (Ruth doctor?) because that’s what Moffat did after the Davies era. I guess every show runner wants to do it in the beginning just to clear the decks and untether annoying plot points if necessary

This series overall has been a great one, most recent episode was a doozy in my view. The Cybermen / Frankenstein analogy has always been there and so to represent it so vividly with the through-line it took was very well handled, with a Terminator ‘homage’ thrown in for good measure.

I think Whittaker had her best ‘Doctor’ moment so far in indicating how although the team was a team, she would be in charge and be ultimately culpable for any losses therein.

Acting was strong and Cyberman design and showing the human loss beneath the surface was excellently done.

Really well-handled episode in all.

I felt this was closer to the pre-Chibnall Doctor Who than before.

Yeah I’m loving this season much more than the last. In fact, quite a lot more than maybe previous seasons since Tennent! I can’t wait to see what they do next. Season finale is coming up. Apparently they’re not going to make more til autumn 2021 which is devastating

Well I got a fair bit of it right after all...

Ruth is an incarnation preceding Hartnell, and they did indeed call back to the old Morbius episode to illustrate it. Feel a bit mixed that Hartnell is no longer 'the original, you might say' and not keen on the Doctor actually being the timeless child originator of regenerations (that the child existed is fine by me, but would rather they hadn't made it the Doctor). This means she was never Gallifreyan at all and was never bound by the 12 regeneration rule. That feels a bit too much to me, kinda like revealing Superman was never from Krypton.

Still, it's early days in the revelation so plenty of twists & turns I'm sure they will play with (and time for the idea to maybe grow on me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"