You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

I wish they got past actors to revisit old incarnations... all carnations are present at the same time... in theory.

There were off camera events no doubt - I would like stand alone episodes where we see that unfold.

For me, I would love an episode arc where suddenly the universe seems glitchy, like a ripple across the moon, a sense of deja vu, a shudder in time... and then someone contacts the doctor or the doctor is drawn to them.. this person works out that the universe is a hoax, a matrix... that they re all energy, coding.. fake...that it's all in someones mind... that mind... the doctors... the doctor has been held captive and is in a dreamlike state.. unable to wake up..

Cracks appear and it seems the universe is folding in - then it just stops.... cuts to a being, it looks like the doctor, mid regeneration - burning energy radiating from this humanoid... which is bound to this metal like bed device. crystals and holograms around them, reading vitals and displaying the thoughts of the occupant.

A nefarious alien race has trapped the doctor in a time loop, of 3 seconds, during regeneration - creating the perfect energy source it has managed to harness - to confuses the doctor, a matrix was made for their mind to inhabit, was it all a lie? how many regenerations.. what incarnation are we regenerating from? were these incarnations future versions yet to happen or split personalities... I would love them all to appear like ghosts... with messages... signs.. warnings... even past actors via cgi...

I then want the regeneration to fail and crumble the surroundings... and the doctor revert back to himself... post regeneration... I would love Sean Pertwee to carry on as the 'third' doctor... reboot if you like.... then do event episodes yearly... keep it short, 3-4 episodes and make them good..

News

-Captain Jack will be back for "Revolution of the Daleks"

- Sontarans will be back next season

2LZ06IV.jpg

Revolution of the Daleks trailer, New Year's Day 2021

Spoilers were leaked about the special but the tweet was deleted

The special is 70 minutes long
This is Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole's final episode as Graham and Ryan
Chris North returns as Robertson from "Arachnids In The UK"
Dame Harriet Walter will guest star

News

-Captain Jack will be back for "Revolution of the Daleks"

- Sontarans will be back next season

2LZ06IV.jpg

Revolution of the Daleks trailer, New Year's Day 2021

Spoilers were leaked about the special but the tweet was deleted

The special is 70 minutes long
This is Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole's final episode as Graham and Ryan
Chris North returns as Robertson from "Arachnids In The UK"
Dame Harriet Walter will guest star

Shame to see Graham go, he was easily my favorite of the three companions, with them leaving though I hope they don't add in a new companion soon, let it just be the Doctor and Yaz for awhile. This should be a good opportunity to properly develop Yaz and Thirteen, the Tardis has been kinda crowded these last two series, a smaller cast could allow more time for character development and less time spent on the episodes going out of their way to find something for everyone to do.

I thought Children in Need 2020 already happened on 13 November.

Cautiously optimistic that they're going to start getting things right from this point on. Actual continuity with the Dr. Who canon, real stakes in a story and the Doctor herself being put under duress.

I’m intrigued but honestly I’m just very excited to see more doctor who. It’s very sorely needed

....will not buy Steelbook for a TV episode, will not buy Steelbook for a TV episode, will not buy....

Cut to March 2021

I'll take three at full price, but that's my final offer.
I love the episode, and the art is super sexy. Plus it has Jenna and Billie on it. :atp:

Plus it has two of the three episodes I don't actually know on Blu ray. So I am screwed.

Why 'Doctor Who' star Jodie Whittaker was 'so sad' filming holiday special

Whittaker is currently shooting the new season of Doctor Who but declines to discuss — or, if the actress is to be believed, even think about — whether she will continue playing the Doctor after that.

"As far as I’m concerned, right now, I'm the Doctor and that’s taking up everything of me, as an actor," she says. "And to think something beyond that, I can’t put my head there, and I don’t want to."

I feel they need to take a break from this show.... they need to realize what made it so good, get some ideas, formulate a plan and get back out there...
Stop trying to represent everything out there under the rainbow, just go out there and represent life... give us good Stories. better acting and focus on the heart, or two.

Good, I hope she breaks the 3 season cycle. It's need a shake up.

I feel they need to take a break from this show.... they need to realize what made it so good, get some ideas, formulate a plan and get back out there...
Stop trying to represent everything out there under the rainbow, just go out there and represent life... give us good Stories. better acting and focus on the heart, or two.

I dont think taking a break is going to help. Either a showrunner is going to give us good content or they're not. Season 5 is what I would love for them to recapture.

Stop redesigning the Daleks and destroying them just to bring them back. Either leave them be or use them properly. Same with the Cybermen

My main complaints goes back to Chibnall. Jodie is fine, get a new showrunner, one that isn't going to run the series into the ground because he has his own ideas of what Doctor Who should be but isn't expressing them in a desirable way to the audience.

My main complaints goes back to Chibnall. Jodie is fine, get a new showrunner, one that isn't going to run the series into the ground because he has his own ideas of what Doctor Who should be but isn't expressing them in a desirable way to the audience.

I disagree with the premise of your post, because so far Chibnall hasn't struck me as someone who has a plan, period. :ali:

Rewatching S5 today before the special...such a great season. THAT is who WHO is. Give us more of this feel with 13.

I got bored and turned off... felt too dinghy and dark and depressing

Yeah look, it wasn’t a great episode. Why did they have the Doctor in jail moment and then just be like “oh well ignore that”.

what a shame. And that ending for Ryan and graham was way too endgamey. This is controversial on this forum I know, but I think they fail when they keep trying to be marvel and they shouldn’t do that. It’s a British institution so you don’t need to be marvel.

I liked the darlek voice on the back though

When I saw the Dalek, it just felt way over used... I was numb to it.

So is 3 years about par the course for when they "rejuvenate" Doctor Who?

Are there any rumors who may take over?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"