Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still baffled why no one asked McGann to be in it.

If that's true than Moffat has almost ruined the show for no reason. There is NO REASON to retcon the Doctor's regeneration other than Moffat's own ego. If that's the Doctor they wanted then they should have just asked Mcgann back. Who has said countless times that he would love to appear in the show.

I think the point of this retcon is to state that it wasn't REALLY the Doctor who killed the Time Lords (or rather that The Doctor was we know him couldn't have done it), but it was HIS decision to become something, or someone, who would.

That being the Hurt Doctor.

I'm still baffled why no one asked McGann to be in it.

According to the rumors that we'll be getting 50th Anniversary shorts leading up to the big episode, we will see McGann back in some capacity.

But they are JUST rumors at this point.

But yeah. TBH, people are baffled as to why most of the previous Doctor's aren't being brought back, as well as why the episode is so short.

Last edited:
I think McGann isn't being brought back because they wanted the Doctors that came narratively after Hurt. Hence why they asked Christopher Eccleston.

McGann deserves to return as the doctor on screen imo.

Definitely, it should have been McGann instead of Hurt. They've only introduced this new incarnation to add some faux mystery.

They really should have gotten McGann back. McGann and Davison. Since they're the only classic Doctors who could still pass for being the same version. Just keep Davison's hat on.

This 50th really is turning into a bit of a fart...

They really should have gotten McGann back. McGann and Davison. Since they're the only classic Doctors who could still pass for being the same version. Just keep Davison's hat on.

This 50th really is turning into a bit of a fart...

Completely agree. I was excited for this when I first heard about it, but now it seems to be going all wrong and downhill.

You know what really worries me about the 50th? The fact that the Zygons are in it. I have a feeling that we'll be following a Zygon disguised as a Doctor while that real Doctor is in a cave somewhere, and we won't actually see them until the end of the episode.

I know I'm dreaming but I'm still hoping for Paul McGann and David Bradley to appear in the 50th episode and the whole An Adventure in Space and Time drama/doco is just a front. It would be brilliant and fitting if they somehow linked The Unearthly Child episode to the 50th anniversary.

McGann's Doctor is the bridge between the classic and the new series and we should find out what happened to him especially for the 50th.

So glad to hear that the 50th will be over an hour.

I just think that sort of an event needs more than an hour.

It needs to be an "End of Time" length event.

Q: Have you at least narrowed down the sex of the actor who will be playing the new Doctor?

A: I’m not going to comment at all on the direction we’re going. Sorry!

I won't even say it.

The Tom Baker-era monsters the zygons are coming back?
Oh yes, that’s confirmed. We had to do a scene with the zygons outside, so there was no point in pretending they weren’t there. We kept very close to the original design. It’s a cracking monster.

Good to hear they kept close to the design of the Zygons, as they did with the Ice Warrior.

Off-topic, I do hope that the rumor of McGann appearing in a short episode before the finale is true...at this point, seeing him as 8 again - even if it is as long as 'Time Crash'-would be enough.

Not sure of this was reported, but.....

Back in May, Doctor Who Spoilers reported that along with the Zygons, Classic Who villain [BLACKOUT]Omega, who is known for aiding Rassilon in creating time travel,[/BLACKOUT] will be featured in the 50th Anniversary episode and is, presumably, the main villain.

Of course, take this with a grain of salt. No other site reported this, so there is a good chance its false.

I don't really know how reliable they are.

Last edited:
I hope they get Daniel Craig to play [blackout]Omega[/blackout] just because.

I don't see the William Hartnell in it, myself... nah, ain't buyin' it...

So Big Finish just announced that they've just cast Juliet Landau (Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as the 3rd Romana. She's set to appear in a couple of upcoming audios alongside Lalla Ward (2nd Romana). They're going to share a Companion Chronicle audio book, and they'll both be in the final season of BF's Gallifrey series.

HkHDRSi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back