Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Clara just needs a few run of episodes like Amy's Choice, the Girl Who Waited and the God Complex.

A lot of people complained about Amy's first season cause everything was about the crack in her wall when it came to her character. Once the mystery was about the Doctor, she got a few episodes of her own to build character.

I just rewatched season 5, man I love the way Matt played his Doctor then.
I really wish he hadn't of re-jigged the character with the nuances, it was pretty much perfect.

I dunno, I like how he has evolved. It's easy to forget that this Doctor has been running around for over 200 years or so now, so some development in nature and character works well for me.

Thinking about it 10 only had a few years (that we know of) 9 even less, so I've no idea which Doctor (in canon) has lived the longest?

I think the first Doctor who pretty much died of old age?

Yeah, he mentioned being 450 years old, so it could be assumed he lived the longest.

Hartnell would make sense: Being the 1st he was the only one who was actually born (I'm not going into that 'loom' business as until it's on screen it aint canon) and would have gone through childhood, growing up to adulthood etc, and matured to old age over time. 450 to hit the aged condition he was in when the series started sounds about right to me.

I figure they likely won't have any more big jumps in age for Matt though. Him being 200 or so atm is ok, but if they take him up to Hartnell levels then he should look a lot older too.

Of course the age thing is all a bit up in the air since the relaunch (he passed the 1000 mark in the classic series, but was under that when Eccleston took over).

We saw her Victorian parents, were they the same actors?

We did see her victorian era mom. She was shown during the montage after Clara stepped into the timestream.

However, I can't remember if it was the same actress.

I really wish he hadn't of re-jigged the character with the nuances, it was pretty much perfect.
I actually preferred him this series. He was a bit too silly at the start.

Hartnell would make sense: Being the 1st he was the only one who was actually born (I'm not going into that 'loom' business as until it's on screen it aint canon) and would have gone through childhood, growing up to adulthood etc, and matured to old age over time. 450 to hit the aged condition he was in when the series started sounds about right to me.

I figure they likely won't have any more big jumps in age for Matt though. Him being 200 or so atm is ok, but if they take him up to Hartnell levels then he should look a lot older too.

Of course the age thing is all a bit up in the air since the relaunch (he passed the 1000 mark in the classic series, but was under that when Eccleston took over).

My personal explanation is that the Great Time War had an effect on time and the universe lost a few hundred years. Or at least the Doctor did.

the new doctor who series (last 3 doctors) for me lack the maturity/dignity, have too much sentimentalism and romantic undertones in comparison to the likes of tom baker, pertwee and davidson. I miss those times , the new series just seems childish in comparison. Tom Baker has to be one of the most entertaining speakers i have heard, just brillant

I think if the classic series has stayed on the air until today, it would've eventually morphed into a very similar show anyway. You can see hints of it in McCoy's era. They had constant teasing about the Doctor's hidden past, episodes that were starting to put focus on Ace's emotional state, the Doctor saving the day by juggling and doing magic tricks, monsters made entirely of candy.

Anyway, Doctor Who was always intended to be watched by children. Of course it's going to be a little childish.

The new series has had a hard time creating effective new villains. It's had a couple of home runs, but the classic series did this very well.

Callbacks to classic villains (new and old) seem to be popular these days.

Speaking of which, would LOVE to see the Master return soon. I would love for him to be a recurring character too, similar to Pertwee's era.

If they bring the Master back after what happened to him, then the rest of the timelords better come back with him.

I thought I remember reading Moffat doesn't like the Master.

I think if he were still acting exactly the same way it wouldn't ring true. By this point Eleven's lost some people that were very near and dear to him and has had to deal with enemies that are coming after him in a personal way like never before. He's a bit more somber and his anger is a bit icier but for the most part his character is still all there its just been tempered by experience.

The new series has had a hard time creating effective new villains. It's had a couple of home runs, but the classic series did this very well.

Callbacks to classic villains (new and old) seem to be popular these days.

Speaking of which, would LOVE to see the Master return soon. I would love for him to be a recurring character too, similar to Pertwee's era.

That seems to be a problem in geek culture at large.

Everyone wants to do their thing with the villains they grew up with or trying to hit a homerun with a "Weeping Angel". Taking someone else's Silents and trying to make them even cooler doesn't even come to mind.

I would love to see the Ood come around again.

I think part of the reason we aren't getting so many good new villains is because a lot of fan favorite episodes of the new series feature either old villains, no villain, or a villain that can't be reused. I can think of quite a few really good episodes where the monster was incidental to our heroes' personal conflicts or merely a misunderstood creature.

The only really good monster I'd like to see back was Anthony Head. Yeh, I know that should read Krillitaines, but Anthony Head!! I'd love him to turn up again. Other than that I can't think of a new series monster I'd like to see come back.

In other news, Tony Lee is writing a 4 issue arc for the IDW comic set in Deadwood with a bunch of historical characters and zombies...

I think they wasted Tony Head as a Krillitaine. He should have been The Master!

I have this feeling that the next Master should be Stephen Dillane. I think that would be immense.

I remember Matt and John bumping into each other after Matt first got the part and Matt was "Dude! When do we get to fight?!" and John was like "I'll come back for like one...."

Hm. I think John Simm is a fine actor- he was great in The Devil's ****e- but his Master really missed the mark for me. Derek Jacobi's was more fun.

I liked Sir Derek's portrayal of the Master... completely disarming and loveable before he turned, but when he DID, DAMN...

"I... AM... the MASTER!"

THAT was one chilling scene when he finally said that...

That was one of the all time highlights from the RTD era IMO.

i just dont want the next master to be benedict cumberbatch. yeha he may be a great actor but its so bloody obvious and boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"