Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there will be an offshoot series with Dragonlady and her wife?

I most certainly hope ... NOT! That relationship is unnatural and immoral: I mean, reptiles and mammals together? Abominable. :cmad:

God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Fssthuthurrssizxx.

Rewatched 'The Snowmen' and was pleased with all of the Second Doctor nods and how the episode forms a time loop with "The Web of Fear."

We can only hope. And if they throw in Strax, even better.
Yeah, I should have put his name in there too because he is part of that team. I know they have done some shows starring secondary characters, I think this would be a fun one.

I'm a little disappointed Russell T. Davies got the Spin-Off Fever out of his system before 2009, because I want a Smith & Jones series starring Mickey and Martha. They could even have their own K9.

so is the old wooshing/wheezing noise of the tardis no more?

The whooshing was still there when he materialized the TARDIS around Clara and at the very end when he left, it was just a lot more quiet.

Who wants an offshoot with Drangonlady? Her wife is ****ing annoying. Her throat needs to be punched so she doesn't speak anymore.

Who wants an offshoot with Drangonlady? Her wife is ****ing annoying. Her throat needs to be punched so she doesn't speak anymore.
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :funny:

I wonder if there will be an offshoot series with Dragonlady and her wife?
Moffat has mentioned he would be up for a spin off but I doubt it will happen.

I don't know where a spin off would sit with the BBC. Jenny & Vastra aren't exactly PG so not going to fill the Sarah Jane Adventures CBBC slot and with Strax they are too light for the Torchwood adult Sci Fi slot.

Throughly enjoyed The Snowmen. It was a huge improvement over last year's Christmas special. And I believe why this episode works so well is due to Coleman. She makes an excellent impression (again) and has a great rapport with Smith. Also, the arc Moffat has set up for Clara is intriguing and I can't wait to see how it plays out. Smith (as always) is an absolute delight to watch. The bit with the puppet killed me. Sad to see Richard E Grant that was underused but I thought he gave a strong performance with the limited screen-time he had. As for the new opening titles, I love it. It's much more exciting and colourful.

Looking at the trailer for part 2 of series 7, it's look like we're in for a real treat next year. It just suck that we have to wait until April for more.

tumblr_mamgp2ihDg1r8839ho2_1280_zpse79094d5.jpg

JennaLouiseColeman1_zps2e6607de.jpg

JennaLouiseColeman2_zpsca4a8b09.jpg

JennaLouisecoleman01_zps341c0035.jpg

She is dating the Scottish guy who plays Robb Stark in Game Of Thrones

I get the feeling she'd get along with Donna!

Moffat has mentioned he would be up for a spin off but I doubt it will happen.

I don't know where a spin off would sit with the BBC. Jenny & Vastra aren't exactly PG so not going to fill the Sarah Jane Adventures CBBC slot and with Strax they are too light for the Torchwood adult Sci Fi slot.

That's what I was thinking too. Sarah Jane was more for the younger crowd, and I don't see them showcasing a lesbian lizard for that crowd....and yet they weren't as risque as Captain Jack's group. But you wonder if someone else would pick it up like STARZ did Torchwood for a mini-series or whatnot.

That's what I was thinking too. Sarah Jane was more for the younger crowd, and I don't see them showcasing a lesbian lizard for that crowd....and yet they weren't as risque as Captain Jack's group. But you wonder if someone else would pick it up like STARZ did Torchwood for a mini-series or whatnot.

Tell us honestly, C. Lee: when you began 2012, did you think you would be using the phrase "lesbian lizard" at all over the next 12 months? :woot:

Tell us honestly, C. Lee: when you began 2012, did you think you would be using the phrase "lesbian lizard" at all over the next 12 months? :woot:

Absolutely not....but I kinda like the sound off it now.

So after going over the first half of series/season 7 again, that whole "first question" thing finally hit me. When the first question ("Doctor who?") is asked, the answer won't be the Doctor's real name. The answer will be the Doctor himself, and probably something he does/has done.

I think the question will only be asked in the first place because the Doctor has spent the last couple of centuries of his life erasing himself from historical records. The Daleks no longer remember him, and there's no longer enough evidence that he ever lived for River to stay in prison for his murder. "Doctor who" isn't asking "Who is the Doctor really?" It's asking "Who the hell is this Doctor person you're talking about?"

Last edited:
Yeah. I like how he's gone from incredibly known and feared throughout the universe back to a mysterious, unknown stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"