Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were great, weren't they? That seems clearer now that their chapter has closed.

I loved Amy the moment the Eleventh Hour began. But by the time we reached the end of Series 5 and she comes out of that box and then again her summoning the Doctor back into existence for her wedding....these were the best campions we've seen, IMO. They were so much fun in how they interacted with a Doctor who neither pined for them nor disparaged them as the Tenth did with his.

Farewell, the Girl who Waited and the Last--habitually deceased--Centurion. :(

I just hope the Doctor doesn't spend the next year telling Oswin* that she'll never be as good as Amy.

*The rumors about Jenna-Louise Coleman's character have been downright confusing. She's already popped up onscreen as a character named Oswin Oswald, but there were rumors for the longest time that her character will be called Clara. I've also read a bunch of theories that this is because the Oswin who became a Dalek will be an entirely different character from the Clara who'll become a companion. I don't know what Moffat & Co. are planning to do, but I'm just gonna continue to call the character Oswin until I hear otherwise from an official source.

Given the fates of the Doctor's companions are none-too-great, I suspect Clara is an ancestor of Oswin. Little does the Doctor realize that by making her a companion, he has doomed her daughter or granddaughter to be assimilated by the Daleks. That is where this story will go, in my opinion.

I'm guessing Oswin will just be a descendent of Clara's or some such relative. They've already done it with Martha being a cousin to that girl who died in Doomsday.

We aren't sure on exactly what is happening with Coleman's character.

The name Clara has four real possibilities imo.

1. Clara is a completely different character.

2. It is a fake name to throw off people that Oswin would show up in the first episode.

3. It is Oswin's real name or middle name.

4. Clara is a name that Oswin uses as a cover.

Now from what we know in terms of speculation and spoilers it seems that Coleman's character in the Christmas Special is
From the present day and is somehow found by the Doctor in the past. There is speculation that he breaks his code to save her, which makes me wonder if the Angels are somehow involved.

If this is true, there is one other possibility I could think of. Clara is Oswin but at some point loses her memory after being caught by the Daleks and comes up with the identity of Oswin to cope with her situation, meaning she doesn't remember having traveled with the Doctor.

We all know how Moffat likes to start at the end.

But what would be the point in just making Souffle Girl and New Companion related? It'd have to be something bigger than that.

Also, what would be the point in getting the audience acquainted with JLC via Oswin if she's not even going to play the same character when she comes back fulltime as the New Companion?

So the Doctor can look at her with tears welling in his eyes and say, "You look just like a clever girl I used to know..."? I mean, Moffat's different from RTD, but they both love that sentimental stuff.

I don't want to see the Doctor get teary eyed over a girl he saw once for like, 5 minutes.

I wouldn't mind. Normally I'd agree, but this is a girl who was turned into a Dalek. Given the Doctor's relationship with the Daleks, that's bound to stick with him.

Jenna's character is a test for Moffat. How will he write the Doctor's attitude toward her?

Will he be like RTD and make Martha the blacksheep after Rose's departure?

"Not that you're replacing her!!!"

"I never said I was"

Jeez what is it with RTD and his hatred of successors? To him no one was better than Rose and no one was better than his tenth doctor.

RTD thinking is "If you don't think the 10th doctor was all that and a bag a chips you're a gosh darn idiot"

So the Doctor can look at her with tears welling in his eyes and say, "You look just like a clever girl I used to know..."? I mean, Moffat's different from RTD, but they both love that sentimental stuff.

I don't want to see the Doctor get teary eyed over a girl he saw once for like, 5 minutes.

The Doctor never saw Oswin when she was human. All he ever saw was a Dalek. Unless the girl who becomes his companion is named Oswin Oswald, he shouldn't even make the connection.

I thought he saw her image on screens or something. Maybe I misinterpreted their interactions.

Oh that's right, he asked her why he could never see her...

I thought he saw her image on screens or something. Maybe I misinterpreted their interactions.

She could see him by hacking into all the cameras in the asylum, but all he ever got was audio.

I've got high expectations for Clara either way.

I am cognizant with every year that passes we approach ever closer to Smith's departure. :(

I'm curious to see who replaces him. There was such a to-do over all the possibilities last time (a woman? a black guy?) that I'm wondering if they'll actually have the Doctor be something other than a white dude again this time around.

Little known fact: the Doctor always chooses to be white because he's kinda racist. Just think about how he treated Mickey and Martha compared to his other companions.

I'm curious to see who replaces him. There was such a to-do over all the possibilities last time (a woman? a black guy?) that I'm wondering if they'll actually have the Doctor be something other than a white dude again this time around.

if I had a choice, I'd opt for the Doctor becoming a woman...

and I still get a kick out of that parody awhile back that had Joanna Lumley as the Doctor and Jonathan Pryce as a Roger Delgado-looking Master... that was absolutely priceless when they found at the end that they had a thing for each other... :woot:

I believe I saw it somewhere on YouTube...

if I had a choice, I'd opt for the Doctor becoming a woman...

and I still get a kick out of that parody awhile back that had Joanna Lumley as the Doctor and Jonathan Pryce as a Roger Delgado-looking Master... that was absolutely priceless when they found at the end that they had a thing for each other... :woot:

I believe I saw it somewhere on YouTube...

It was "Curse of the Fatal Death," a charity episode written back in the 90's by (wait for it...) Steven Moffat.

^That's a totally legal video, by the way. The channel belongs to Red Nose Day/Comic Relief, the charity group that made it.

If the 12th Doctor was going to be black, the BBC might want to remember those Patterson Joseph rumors from a few years back. That would be brilliant.

"This Zentronic beam controller will not only EXPLODE but will IMPLODE!" :awesome:

As long as the actor/writer combo is good, I could care less what color or gender the 12th Doctor would be. As long as the actor can play the Doctor correctly or creatively.

"Every story has a beginning, a middle, and an end… but not always in that order.”

Have we figured out what this means yet?

Is it related to Oswin?

A nod to the Ponds being sent backwards in time by the Angels?

Anyone?

Could mean any number of things with the Doctor. His relationship with River springs to mind.

A defining moment for Smith's doctor IMO.

2wox8wh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back