Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
To each their own. I thought Amy and Rory were the best companions the series has ever had (though I started with 9) and the writing vastly improved over 10's tenure. To each their own, I suppose.

I started with 9 too. Wow, most people I know share my opinion. Maybe it's a British thing! 9 and 10 were more dry humor.

9 and 10 weren't dry humor they were pretty wacky. Tennant and Catherine Tate pretty much had a slapstick routine and banter as 10 and Donna.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that my dad works for the post office...

I'm not a big fan of audiobooks and have been hoping for a while for the 8th Doctor audios to be released in a book/novel form. I like to read not necessarily just listen unless watching is included.

On speaking on favorite Doctors, 11 has grown into one of my favorite characters in all of science fiction. I loved 9 and 10 but 11 is just...amazing! I have only seen bits of Classic Who but of what I've seen I really like the 2nd and 3rd Doctors...Netflix now has Classic Who on instant streaming so I thinks its time to finally start at the beginning.

Also, the post office was closed that day. It must've been a Sunday, if government buildings also shut down on Sundays in the UK.

I started with 9 too. Wow, most people I know share my opinion. Maybe it's a British thing! 9 and 10 were more dry humor.

I found Tennent's reign featuring some pretty wacky humor, like the Victoria being a werewolf, the Doctor carrying the 2012 Olympic Torch in London (which somehow looked like the dead of Winter :hehe: ) and the Doctor fighting grotesque human-absorbing alien bodies.

While I would never call Moffat's take restrained, it feels more intricately woven to me and usually going for more than the Benny Hill gags. Just a different opinion.

Also, the post office was closed that day. It must've been a Sunday, if government buildings also shut down on Sundays in the UK.

Or a bank holiday...

Or when it's a little too cloudy. Or too rainy. Or not rainy enough. Or when it's Tuesday between 1:21 pm and 3:13 pm. Or if the night watchman forgot to unlock the second gate before leaving last evening. Or if the curry takeaway down the street runs out of the onion-flavoured pappadums and only has the plain ones left. :oldrazz:

11th has disappointed me so far. Didn't like Amy and imo the writing is poor.
I will always hold Amy and Rory on a high pedestal as that is what got me into this show. I'm still hanging on with Clara but I love me some Karen Gillan.

To be fair, when compared to Rory, Amy is dull as hell. Hell Rory is the best thing to ever come out of Doctor Who. He punched Hitler.

Yeah it's a shame Rory came with Amy and had to go with Amy as well....:csad:

I wish Brian Williams (Rory's dad) became a companion lol.

Williams & Mott: The Adventures of Donna's Grandad and Rory's Dad

Make it happen, BBC!

I would pay to see more adventures of Wilfred (and even with Rory's dad!)

So far I'm not quite sold on the new costume...I keep watching the preview for the rest of the season and it doesn't quite grab me (Been watching Season 5 again, and really miss that costume plus his wacky hair style which has slowly become more and more tame).

Anyone else getting the same vibe? I usually love change (love the new intro and Tardis interior) just a little slow to come around on this one.

Last edited:
A new Torchwood Show with a team of with Vastra, Jenny, Strax, Brian and Wilfred :woot:

A new Torchwood Show with a team of with Vastra, Jenny, Strax, Brian and Wilfred :woot:

wow, what an off-the-wall mix... Torchwood: The Next Generation...

and all led by Jack Harkness, to round it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"