Does Anyone Have The Pics Of...

Mee said:
Is that like, gay 1985 Aquaman?

I think that's supposed to be Aqualad, but made more like royalty since he is the sidekick to the King of Atlantis.

Actually, in the Ultimate DC thing Wizard had, Aquaman and Green Arrow are teenagers and members of the Titans, not adults and members of the Justice League.

why would it be called Ultimate DC? Marvel would sue their ass.
I like the Green Lantern design, and the Batman design kinda reminds me of the Red Son version.

That's just what Wizard called it. Because it essentially would be Ultimate DC.

Hi guys...does anyone have any character sketches of the Earth 2 Robin and Huntress costumes for a wall paper? Thanks....

What does that have to do with the Ultimate DC article from Wizard?

The Question said:
Oh oh I know! NOTHING!

:D

The Question said:

The thread's title does suggest that this would be the place to ask that question.

I've always LOVED the Ultimate GL design. It actually looks like a uniform that a space cop would wear (IMHO of course).

Yeah i like the GL design too. maybe DC should change Jon Stewarts costume to resemble it. He hasn't had a costume change in awhile i believe.

I liked most of the designs, but some of nthe backstories I'm not too thrilled with. I heard the Superman idea is to use Smallville as a vague backstory, and the Wonder Woman one has her being a sleeper agent for a Themyscarian invasion force. Personally, I like my ideas better.

Eww... that wonder woman idea sucks. I like my themyscarians secluded and alienated.

My idea would have had Themyscera be populated by both men and women, but women were held in a higher regard. Through advanced eugenics and adding preformance enhancing herbs to their diet, all Themyscerians are anturally stronger, faster, and tougher than the rest of humanity, although the women tend to be stronger than the men. I'd say the average Themyscarian woman (remember, all women on the island are trained to be warriors from an early age, so they're all in excelent shape) can lift around two tons or so. Eventually, our satalite technology gets to the point where we can detect them, and we meet with their government. The queen must choose an ambasador to the outside world. By Themyscerian law, the nation is represented by their greatest and wisest warrior, who is bestowed the greatest gifts and secrets of the nation, to assure safety from malevolent forces abroad. Diana, Hypolita's daughter, proves to be the greatest warrior, and goes through a series of rituals involving the exposure to mutinagenic vapors and prayer to the godesses of the greek pantheon that have been improved upon over the centuries, greatly enhancing her physical and cognative functions to well beyond even an Amazon's limit (putting her in Superman's power class). She then becomes ambasidor to the outside world.

^ your's make sense, and i can see how it would actually work as a new origin if DC ever did another restart.

Don't they have an ultimate style line in the all star titles?

Somewhat, the Batman title definantly. I can see how the All-star Superman comic can fit into contiuity though. i love the art work in that book. makes want to go out and buy the Authority books drawn by Quitely.

ampersand said:
Don't they have an ultimate style line in the all star titles?

Not really. All Star Batman is vaguely Ultimate, but All Star Superman is just a very very pretty looking Elseworld. Not particularly "Ultimate."

What qualifies it as ultimate then? Do the characters have to be "dark" and "gritty" and "badass"?

No. Hell, the All Star characters a "darker" and "grittyer" and "badasser" than I'd like. Ultimate just means that, oh, I don't know. It just doesn't really feel like an Ultimate book. Batman feels too much like the egular univers, except the characters are rather out of character.

The Question said:
My idea would have had Themyscera be populated by both men and women, but women were held in a higher regard. Through advanced eugenics and adding preformance enhancing herbs to their diet, all Themyscerians are anturally stronger, faster, and tougher than the rest of humanity, although the women tend to be stronger than the men. I'd say the average Themyscarian woman (remember, all women on the island are trained to be warriors from an early age, so they're all in excelent shape) can lift around two tons or so. Eventually, our satalite technology gets to the point where we can detect them, and we meet with their government. The queen must choose an ambasador to the outside world. By Themyscerian law, the nation is represented by their greatest and wisest warrior, who is bestowed the greatest gifts and secrets of the nation, to assure safety from malevolent forces abroad. Diana, Hypolita's daughter, proves to be the greatest warrior, and goes through a series of rituals involving the exposure to mutinagenic vapors and prayer to the godesses of the greek pantheon that have been improved upon over the centuries, greatly enhancing her physical and cognative functions to well beyond even an Amazon's limit (putting her in Superman's power class). She then becomes ambasidor to the outside world.

Far better than what Wizard came up with, very well thought out.

The Question said:

Question...read the title of the thread...it says..:

"Does Anyone Have the Pics of..." So it's okay for me to ask.

If you don't like anyone asking to find other pictures...then make a motion to change the name of this thread.

I like the Flash, Superman, and Batman & GL. designs...the M. Manhunter and Wonder Woman...leave much to be desired...but the Titans design have much to be desired.
Hope they make a series of the Flash, Superman, Batman and GL....

Stealth_Prime said:
Question...read the title of the thread...it says..:

"Does Anyone Have the Pics of..." So it's okay for me to ask.

The thread's about the Ultimate DC article.

Hey does anyone know how to upload pictures? Because I had some pics for an ultimate version of some heros that I wanted to show you, and I have them on file on my computer, but it won't let me copy and paste the images, and if I try to attach a file, it will only let it be 150mb, which means the pic has to be about 5cm by 5cm. As you can see by the below attachment, which I didn't mean to attach because it was too small but I don't know how to get rid of it now so whatever.

Anyways though, I was thinking of a way to do an Ultimate Batman, and if I could, I'd have him wear a costume that made him appear more monster like. The suit would make him appear like his real skin was grey and course, and I don't know if you can see this in my sketch but, his arm spikes would look like natural appendages. Also, in the comics it would always depict him in heavy shadow. He would never be able to be seen very well, to enhance his urban legen myth. No big jim lee full spreads where you see every detail, Batman would really be a creature of the night. I'd focus more on his physcological effect on criminals and play up the urban legen moster myth part. And no robin.

Attachments

• batman pic gahh.bmp
    35.8 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back