Does anyone want to help me with my RPG story?

Tigerlaws

Civilian
Reaction score
Yeah I'm writing a story simply for fun so I can turn it into an RPG video game and make sprites and things for it later on I was wondering if anyone could help at all. I'm a little scared to really put it online though because I think someone will steal it. It's kind of like a mixture of Shadow run, Zelda and Final Fantasy, and typical fantasy stories. I was envisioning something a little cyber punk, fantasy, but set in a dystopian future world. It's a little star wars, lord of the flies meets lord of the rings and Akira I guess.

SO basically I decided that in the story there's this one subplot where there is genetic engineering or eugenic experiments and tampering, control over human beings genetic structures so that in turn, there are groups or races of people who posses abilities similar to other animals and creatures which in turn replaces or takes place where orcs, dwarves and hobbits and things usually exist. For example, I was thinking there was a specific grouping of humans which are quite popular that possesses traits and abilities similar to tigers in that they have heightened senses but this shows outwardly somewhat. I'm not 100% sure on that but it's an interesting thought.

This is set in a dystopian future, but the main crux or idea is that there existed a mythical fantasy world long before and that while there is more of a focus on mechanical and industrialization, over things like magic this world cannot escape it's past in a sense? i'm not sure how advanced but it's set in the future and is still somewhat more advanced but I wanted to underline and focus on this extremely industrialized world and the shortcomings and repercussions of that emphasis. There is an upper class which enjoys the pursuits and pleasures and generally a much easier and simpler leisure type of life whilst the vast majority of the world population lives in squalor and poverty.

There's still magic but it's industrialized and not as understood as it was in more mythical and ancient world that existed long before this one. This is also I imagined a sort of squirmish and war focused imperial regime which largely considered the overarching superpower in the world. Generally speaking, war and conflict are considered the best solutions and answers for most scenarios and problems that plague the residing body of land and populis which are ruled over in this way. (in a roman coliseum manner as well)

I thought as well there should be a clan and houses type of system (since it's somewhat medieval) in place as the main monetary or bartering system in place of say capitalism or anything else. Everything exists within a clan and things are continually revolving socially around this fact..It's just that when there's work or money is being made, it goes to the clan that made the money itself somehow whether through modest means or not. I wanted that to be exaggerated and to be an over the top kind of thing like there's too many clans biding for supremacy or trying to compete all the time but it's a hinderance and nuisance because it has to be your clan and small party or group and house representatives which if this doesn't end effectively then one way of dealing with things is often through squarmish or conflict battles but it's not always that simple either. The ability to choose pick or challenge a clan is based on the reputation and the type of clan which it is. All the clans have to share, if one of the members tries to become a self imposed leader and takes all the resources for themselves and it's not entirely agreed upon communally then he'll be ostracized from the community or can be severely harmed or penalized (if) for example there is not enough food and finances for everyone involved.

I guess the main driving point of the plot line is that the past is slowly coming back to effect the current existence of the present world and having a foreboding effect and consequence that this world cannot avoid or make adequate concessions towards.

Basically the main character is either half or a full blooded "elf" and that generally they're considered an extinct species and somehow due to an incident at a reactor, there was a man who was believed to be an elf who blew up one of the reactors and managed to create a giant explosion and it's not known how he managed to accomplish this it was believed t have been some magical attack power. After this happens a full man hunt and search for any and all elves that are still remaining or said to have exist is put into place to be captured or executed and any and all possible social deviants and revoltuionaries or citizens who have displayed too much deviance towards the party.

And that's where the story starts for me, the main character is being hunted by the party, but he's only a child or preteen when this begins.

• I think at some point I imagined that he finds a sacred artifact that is a stone/crystal, it has the ability to transform into a legendary sacred sword that was created for the soul purpose of destroying evil; which is what saves him namely. I suppose the stone would probably have other abilties. It's magical in nature I guess. It was created by so me wizard like Merlin a long time ago. He speaks to him with the stone.
  • There's magic in the world but it's heavily synthesized and artificial in how the empire (whatever it's name will be haven't decided yet) uses it.

upload_2020-3-9_14-7-31.png

Last edited:
it's directly ripping things off I guess but it's fantasy

• there's this source of energy made up of certain materials, I guess they're like stones and crystals, they're directly mined and searched for all over and are used for they're energy purposes to power machines and things but they're synthesized and artificially utilized they're not meant to be used on a large scale the way that they are. These stones also allow certain individuals to use "magic" I suppose but in a limited way. Mostly to conjure and use elemental attacks specifically but that's why they're considered the perfect source for energy production and power.
And that's basically all I have now I can't really think of much else. There's a few other things but I'm kind of stuck, I was going to read a lot more books and things. I have some other ideas but I don't feel like adding it right now.

Last edited:
Crystals and orbs are everywhere in multiple fictional worlds. Let's trying going for salt as the source of energy this time, the kind you find in mines, but this time it is from a mine with a near infinite supply of it. A sphere of salt generates enough energy to work machines, the more a sphere of salt is used the more powerful it becomes. None of the usual depleting energy or losing of material.

The more used sphere of salt requires 4 years of non-stop usage to be able of powering an alternate equivalent of a nuclear facility that is safe and not risky. A bunch of spies and thieves succeed in stealing the saline core to sell it to a foreign country that ends up controlling salt energy, and end up managing to own plenty of rights to the mine from the nation that has it.

Our heroes who will get the rights back consist of an engineer, a chemist (not the pharmaceutical profession), a diplomat, and a general. A bigger variation of party members will join, like a stock broker, a business tycoon, engineers of different fields, hackers, and other professions that are mostly unrelated to the usual format of RPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"