The Dark Knight Rises Does Bane being a PURELY physical threat hamper him as a villain?

He got back to Gotham the same way he managed to trek around the world without being noticed in BB.

By maintaining her ruse, Talia could watch firsthand as Gotham proved itself unworthy of its continued existence. Plus Talia was running WE at that point; she probably needed to keep up appearances.

IN BB he took a freighter to asia, where he wandered learning a few skills till he was imprisoned, and saved by Ducard. He then took his private plane back to north America with Alfred.

Huh Talia needed to keep up appearance with a nearly defunct broke company, in a city that had fallen into anarchy by the hand of her own organization? Talia could of witnessed All this as Talia, the same way bane witnessed it as Bane.

IN BB he took a freighter to asia, where he wandered learning a few skills till he was imprisoned, and saved by Ducard. He then took his private plane back to north America with Alfred.

Huh Talia needed to keep up appearance with a nearly defunct broke company, in a city that had fallen into anarchy by the hand of her own organization? Talia could of witnessed All this as Talia, the same way bane witnessed it as Bane.

Exactly. Bruce wandered around and no one bothered to ID him when they captured him. No one made mention of the vagabond who looked suspiciously like the missing--then, legally dead--billionaire.

In that instance Talia was witnessing it all as Talia. She had no reason to reveal herself to Fox or the others she was holed up with prior to being taken by Bane.

edit: The evidence presented indicates Talia's reveal was intended as a literal stab in the heart. Consider that she was coy, teasing with Bruce. Then showed up at his place looking uncannily like Rachel Dawes (as seen in the picture they're standing near before the smooch). At that point--Bruce's initial capture--Talia had no reason to reveal herself. By all accounts he was beaten, broken etc.

Last edited:
You still haven't mentioned, why Talia kept up the ruse for 5 months? Or did she have no faith in Her partner Bane, and new Wayne would be Back? If she did have faith in bane, why didn't she reveal herself when Bane took bruce to the pit? Wat was the point of playing Miranda Tate till the very last 10 mins? bad place how did Bruce get back to Gotham? I don't think Nolan even knows, as he deliberately left that out and got really lazy at the end.

Why keep the five months? Why not have this martial law state in Gotham City and just wait until the countdown go to 0 while Gotham's only hope was stuck down inside that Pit? Imo, it's a fantastic plan, but once again the villain has no idea how strong willed Bruce Wayne/Batman is.

And also, I feel I did answer the other question already. Talia probably would have revealed herself before since she did want to go in their plane to fly someplace else after she and Bruce slept together, but I don't think Talia would have revealed herself at all if Bruce stayed inside the Pit after Bane broke him.

Why keep the five months? Why not have this martial law state in Gotham City and just wait until the countdown go to 0 while Gotham's only hope was stuck down inside that Pit? Imo, it's a fantastic plan, but once again the villain has no idea how strong willed Bruce Wayne/Batman is.

And also, I feel I did answer the other question already. Talia probably would have revealed herself before since she did want to go in their plane to fly someplace else after she and Bruce slept together, but I don't think Talia would have revealed herself at all if Bruce stayed inside the Pit after Bane broke him.

The whole plan is just complex, i give nolan credit for that.

Indeed. While it may fall apart it certain areas and I can admit this, it does feel like Nolan at least gave some immense thought into it.

Bruce doesn't give her access to the device until during TDKR. She needs to be there. Whether she needs to keep pretending afterwards is not really needed to get the device, but it was key to the slow knife cutting the deepest by making Bruce trust and care about her more than anyone since Rachel.

Bane put his enemy in a pit, left him doctor and a tv, and is surprised when batman escapes. Talia/Tate or whatever reveals herself only when Bane gets his ash kicked, but why did she continue the ruse months after her people had gotten everything in place? Bane was never actually in charge of anything, he was the muscle, albeit a very smart muscle.

Thank you :up:

I don't think Bane was merely a lackey, but I do firmly believe based on everything we saw and heard that Talia was the mastermind. It was her plan. Her personal vendetta. Bane was doing it for her because he loved her.

He Manhandled, a Batman who spent years in retirement,stopped training, and with no cartlidge in his Leg. Then He lost to the same Batman, who escaped a prison he never could escape, and recovering from having a broken back.

Dislocated vertebrae. :cwink:

Bruce doesn't give her access to the device until during TDKR. She needs to be there. Whether she needs to keep pretending afterwards is not really needed to get the device, but it was key to the slow knife cutting the deepest by making Bruce trust and care about her more than anyone since Rachel.

This is one of the points where the movie falls a bit flat IMO. While the 'slow knife' scene still works for me as is, there wasn't enough put into Bruce and Miranda's relationship for it to be wholly believable that he cared about her more than anyone since Rachel. And unlike the Gotham citizen POV problem, which we got in TDK, there's not really anything from the other movies to make Bruce and Talia's relationship more believable. This is one of the reasons I think that maybe if Talia would've been introduced in some sort of role back during BB, it maybe would've helped this particular aspect that I think kinda drags TDKR down a bit. But the logistics of that are rather complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"