Does DC have any adventure characters??

superman-mos

Civilian
Reaction score
Does DC have any characters that fit the Indiana Jones mold? Adventurer characters that don't have superpowers but are explorers/adventurers/ and so on. I know a few of the alter egos were archeologist but I'm talking true adventures ?

Does DC have any characters that fit the Indiana Jones mold? Adventurer characters that don't have superpowers but are explorers/adventurers/ and so on. I know a few of the alter egos were archeologist but I'm talking true adventures ?
Ok after a little digging I've managed to find a few that kind of fit the mold . Cave Carson , The Sea Devils, and even Rip Hunter. Hunter was imagined as an Indiana Jones type character but instead of studying the past he was a time traveler . The Sea Devils and Cave weren't really what I had in mind but they do somewhat fit and wouldn't mind seeing them rebooted . Also Challengers of the Unknown but they were more sci-fi than anything else but still really cool and would like to see them before than the reality tv show stars they were rebooted as

Adam Strange was originally a cool cross between the Indiana Jones mold and John Carter of Mars.

I always thought The Sea Devils and Cave Carson were pretty cool.

While Hawkgirl does have superpowers, the Walt Simonson run circa 2007 dealt with pulpy treasure hunt style adventures from memory.

Sad thing about comics is that interesting characters like Indy have the problem of getting either turned into Super heroes or becoming assistant characters to them and vanishing into the background.

Brenden Fletcher's run on Black Canary may be of interest to you. It reads like a cross between Scooby Doo and Scott Pilgrim. Dinah is less a superhero and more a woman trying to hold down a music career, yet inexplicably getting mixed up into martial arts hijinx that involves cults, monsters and other creeps.

You may also enjoy Constantine the Hellblazer. The comic leans more toward horror, but John has plenty of adventures solving mysteries, hunting for artifacts and sending demons back to hell.

If all else fails, look into the Vertigo imprint. All of the more interesting, non-superhero stories are published under that imprint. I recommend Y: The Last Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"