Does Jesus Love You?

dialog-vega3.gif
Then why don't you and I go meet at the "Satan" thread I started under this one? You'll definitely enjoy it.

Originally posted by Herr Logan
If I overshoot the mark by stating I know all the possible arguments (which is the truth) and presume that the stranger will actually put forth those arguments whether or not I know they will, I've reduced the chances that they will put forth the arguments.

It must be comforting to know ALL possible arguments that can arise in a given situation. Of course "the truth" is subjective, so that bait isn't even worth taking. ;) I will say that I can certainly see how your habitual choice of words and presentation has most likely resulted in a history of emotional responses from those who disagree with you.

It's all motivated by my twisted philosophy and psychological survival strategy. I'm usually right, because I usually expect the worst. If someone disappoints me or something bad happens, then I'm right. If something good happens, I'm wrong, but yay, something good happened. It's not a 50/50 win-win situation, but it's a win to some degree either way.

You did as I privately assumed you would (declined to argue religious validity), thereby making the statements in my post wrong. I was wrong in my statement, but you didn't bore me with useless arguments (whether or not you were actually inclined to do so), and that makes me happy.

Most people shouldn't have to live or think like this, but I do. So don't bother telling me how twisted it is. Just reserve it for when you might need it.

"Twisted" is your word, not mine. If your thought process allows you to "win" (again, a subjective condition) in any scenario as you describe, then why would you characterize it as such?
As you say, the need for survival is a strong motivation. However, we are on a fun, frivolous superhero website (albeit currently in a forum rife with trite, blunt opinions). So if I, a person who holds some spiritual views so easily attacked and vivisected by the forces of Rational Thought And Analysis, can exist at ease, perhaps you can too.

Elijya said:
I'm sorry? please clarify that, cause if he deserved what he got, I'm fairly certain you deserve to be raped by a herd of goats

I second that

Jesus said he loved me, but he never called.

Jesus saves.

He passes to Gretzky.

Gretzky shoots.

He scores!

I love ya baby, but if you don't do EXACTLY as I say, I'm gonna set you on fire forever.
mmmm

You only get to know God through me,*****.So listen up and do what I ****ing say.

Probably my main reason for believing in God etc is because I saw a ghost when I was a kid. Scared the freakin crap out of me, but at least I knew then that things that can't be explained can happen.

SpiderHulkThing said:
Probably my main reason for believing in God etc is because I saw a ghost when I was a kid. Scared the freakin crap out of me, but at least I knew then that things that can't be explained can happen.

A) You don't know that it was a ghost.
B) The only ghost mentioned in the Bible is the Holy Spirit,so I don't know how youre getting this connection to God.
C)Sometimes things can be explained,we just arent aware of the answers at the time.

SpiderHulkThing said:

I've had multiple near death experiences, and I still standing that's why I believe.

Alpha and Omega said:
I think you should ask Jesus.:up:

I don't talk to dead people who may or may have existed.:up:

Brodie Bruce said:
I dunno, His mouth was a bit full so all I heard was mumbling
Brodie without typos, whoa.

Abaddon said:
A) You don't know that it was a ghost.
B) The only ghost mentioned in the Bible is the Holy Spirit,so I don't know how youre getting this connection to God.
C)Sometimes things can be explained,we just arent aware of the answers at the time.

actually, fallen angels. i thought that they were demons etc. Could have been that. who knows. but the way life is, i'm certain there is a bad place. so if there is a bad place, then there must be a heaven. good enough for me. it doesnt hurt anyone for me to believe in heaven. if didn't i'd worry about dying all the time. b/c i can't think of anything scarier than imagining being dead and that be the end of it. to not exist is a terrifying thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"