Does Magneto's plan make any sense this time?

HeroLover

Civilian
Reaction score
In X1 I didn't find the whole mutant making machine particularly well thought out as a way of helping the cause. In X2 he doesn't have an evil scheme so much as he takes advantage of the situation. Is leading a mutant army to alcatraz an effective way of fighting the cure and making mutant kind a powerful force not to be messed with? I've already been spoiled to hell on a lot of things, so please don't go into detail, just give me a brief yes or no.

yeah...it leaves a dam good message!

heck the GGB is enough for the president to ***** his pants and declare war.

xwolverine2 said:
yeah...it leaves a dam good message!

heck the GGB is enough for the president to ***** his pants and declare war.

True :D
Other comments of mine: I love his plan in the third movie. Magneto's like the Ultimate bad guy you wouldn't want to mess with.

I think an army is a lot more effective than a machine that spins.

chaseter said:

Phoenix is alot more effective then an army and a machine that spins... Put together! Mwuahahahahahahaa!!!

x1's machine was stupid.

x2's machine was stupid.

x3 is so far the most believable. it's like a revolution. i wonder if they'll make any reference to the indigenous people's occupation of alcatraz back in the day. that'd be a good motivational speech for magneto.

his whole life hes been different then the ruling powers of whatever country, they want to change him and his people. They think theres something wrong with them. Magneto is pissed, he will bring on the war because he believes hes right. He doesnt think "oh im a super villian", he thinks he is right and the world is wrong. That my friends makes a kick arse villian.

"Take A Stand" "Fight the Power" Whatever you want to call its. Its not useing a silly machine or something to take care of your problems. Its a revolution of that can cause Civil War or worse. He has a problem and is taking it straight to the source and fighting for what he believes in :up:

HeroLover said:
In X1 I didn't find the whole mutant making machine particularly well thought out as a way of helping the cause. In X2 he doesn't have an evil scheme so much as he takes advantage of the situation. Is leading a mutant army to alcatraz an effective way of fighting the cure and making mutant kind a powerful force not to be messed with? I've already been spoiled to hell on a lot of things, so please don't go into detail, just give me a brief yes or no.
It's not so much as a plan but, in his mind, a nessecary action.
He views the cure as the first step towards genocide and the eradication of Mutants. Unlike many of the other mutants he has already been subject to this before. He knows the way that these things happen, and he is the only one equipped to stop it.

So, he organizes an army of radical mutants (who really aren't the badguys, just misguided) and attempt to "take out" those who are issueing the cure.

The X-men, in turn, have to protect these people, the very same people who are trying to eradicate them.

Therefore, thematically, this movie cuts right to the bone of what the X-men are: Those who protect the ones who hate and fear, and even want and try to kill them. In X-men, it wasn't that extreme, nor was it in X2: X-men United. But here, in X3: The Last Stand, it's taken to that level, and in that respect it could be the best film.

-R

yeah story wise...i think this movie has the best one.

josh8 said:
x1's machine was stupid.

x2's machine was stupid.

x3 is so far the most believable. it's like a revolution. i wonder if they'll make any reference to the indigenous people's occupation of alcatraz back in the day. that'd be a good motivational speech for magneto.
co-signed :up:

I posted this before:

A parallel to literature would be that the prison break of Alcatratz is like when in "A Tale of Two Cities", the rebels brake into the Bastille (a Prison) starting the French Revolution.

Magneto and his rebels break into the Prison causing a Mutant Revolution.

-R

Magneto should've attacked D.C...like in the Ultimate storyline:up:

josh8 said:
x1's machine was stupid.

x2's machine was stupid.

X1's machine was very stupid.

But I didn't think X2's was very bad...despite the whole 'Magneto turning it around on humans' thing could be smelled a mile away, it was still a good idea and fun to watch. Whereas Senator Kelly turning into a pile of goo and anticipating a whole city turning into a collective pile of goo...not as fun to watch.

HeroLover said:
Is leading a mutant army to alcatraz an effective way of fighting the cure and making mutant kind a powerful force not to be messed with?

i believe that the source of the cure is on alcatraz so i'm guessing thats why he's leading an army there. i may be wring tho, haven't seen the film yet

I hope that he has some things up his sleeves that we didn't see coming.

pyro needs to get demolished by Iceman. Iceman is going to knock him out

X1's machine was stupid and out-of-character.Magneto's method this time around is more his speed.

Taiwarriorz21 said:
pyro needs to get demolished by Iceman. Iceman is going to knock him out

nice to see someone else worked up by their fight. he always held back in the comics. can't wait to see him **** up pyro.

josh8 said:
x1's machine was stupid.

x2's machine was stupid.

Well, if they don't take proper consideration of comic book research, I doubt they'd do anything about actual events.

I'm glad Magneto is finally leading a charge. This is what I've always wanted, a true characterization from the comics. Magneto would never have cared about turning the world leaders into mutants, he would have just killed them to create world chaos in which only the fittest would survive, homosuperior.

But I'm disturbed about Magneto's perceived endgame. We know he fails, but what would he do if he succeeded? So he stops the cure. What then? He's started a war, but with only a handful of mutants. Would the rest of the world's mutant population join him in eradicating homosapien? I doubt it.

But anyway, it's sure good that they show Magneto's turn-around from hating being round up during WWII to now wanting to do the same thing to homosapiens that the Germans did to his people. It really brings out the psychotic nature of his beliefs.

chaseter said:

I think the x1 plan was still interesting... the plan was to make the world leaders rethink their policies while in office.

At least this time things make alot more sense. Not everyone will want to be cured & the Government will try & force the cure on everyone. They are just simply standing up for themselves this time. Maybe not in the best way but in the end that is what they are doing.

Yes and i think the problem was the containment at Alcatraz... he doesnt just tear buildings up for nothing i would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"