Days of Future Past DoFP Rogue cut - Part 1

I agree, it was a clunky way of fitting her in.

I just hope the next time Rogue does show up nobody has to save or protect her. It's happened in every film she's been in now, they have to lay off that.

Also didn't make sense that Xavier had to guide them thru the tunnels, which ideally should be the same tunnels Bobby and the other kids escaped thru in X2.

For a supposedly Xavier and Magneto mission, there was hardly any Xavier and Magneto interaction in that sequence. Fail Kinberg. :o

Look at how much destruction Rogue (with absorbing powers only) could cause:
[YT]dZ71Frtw8qU[/YT]
Writers just haven't given a **** with her since X2.

Really wasn't a fan of Evo Rogue though. Or most of the characters on that show that matter.

Where is scene with Bishop talking about legendary X-Men, can't see it.

Has it been confirmed Rogue is in Gambit?

If she is, I'll scream forever.

Now, I watched the Rogue cut and my thoughts are:
- I liked the way she looked. The hair was better than in all of the other movies I think. And just herself in general. Looked more... adult (well obviously), but she just resembled more to Rogue than in the original trilogy.
- It annoyed me that no one remembered her existence until they needed her to help Kitty. Ok, they said they had tried to save her. Whatever. If they had really wanted to, they could have done it. Like someone else said here, it was a clumsy way to put her in.
- I liked it when Logan woke up and said "Rogue?"
- It was good to see Rogue again in the movieverse, which hadn't happened since 2006.

Looking at the storyboards for DoFP it is sad to see that the climax was supposed to be grander in scale. Had what was planned actually made it in it would have been THE superhero film of 2014 for me.

I think they should have used it. She was better in this than in x1-x3.

The scene where Mystique destroyed Cerebro was pointless. Anyone with half a brain could've figured out where she would go.

Gee Bolivar Trask is present with the president in the unfolding of the new sentinel program. That's surely not where the blue jezebel would show up. Nope.

The filmmakers recognized the pointlessness of the scene and you can see why they cut it.

Last edited:
In fairness charles probably could just have used cerebro to stop her at anytime and would probably have found her much quicker

i think the difference between the 2 is the over night period is in the rogue cut while you don't really get that idea in the theatrical cut

In fairness charles probably could just have used cerebro to stop her at anytime and would probably have found her much quicker
He did all that. He couldn't stop her. And finding her quicker would be meaningless. as they would still have to board a flight to Washington anyways.

After viewing the RC a 2nd time, I liked it a lot more this time around and thought it flowed much better. The only addition I still dislike is Mystique going to the mansion, it's not only a pointless scene as they find her anyway, but it also upsets the flow of the 3rd act right when it was gearing up.

I liked all of the other additions this time though and feel they fit the flow of the movie. I am not sure if I prefer it over the theatrical yet but I like this cut a lot more than I did on my first viewing.

After viewing the RC a 2nd time, I liked it a lot more this time around and thought it flowed much better. The only addition I still dislike is Mystique going to the mansion, it's not only a pointless scene as they find her anyway, but it also upsets the flow of the 3rd act right when it was gearing up.

I liked all of the other additions this time though and feel they fit the flow of the movie. I am not sure if I prefer it over the theatrical yet but I like this cut a lot more than I did on my first viewing.

we agree.I dislike mystique going to mansion.only thing i dislike of rogue cut.

still rogue cut is my perfeared version.

Yeah I rewatched the Rogue Cut yesterday and I actually didn't notice the Scarlet Witch Easter egg on my first viewing (probably went to the bathroom or something), but I was pleasantly surprised to see it.

CONS:

1.) I understand why Singer made the intercut change with Magneto to reflect his past and future self, but Magneto getting his helmet back was a well done scene and works so much better being done in one sequence. It was my main gripe with the Rogue cut.

2.) Rogue didn't have as much screen time as I thought she would so them editing her out to begin with was unnecessary, BUT her addition is important to the storyline since
her being captured and experimented on explains why the Sentinels are unstoppable with her absorbing powers being used by them.

3.) I prefer
Iceman's death
in the previous version.

Ironically while this film had more flaws, I liked it better than the theatrical version.

Guys,

I really need your help!

I'm desperately looking for X-Men: Days Of Future Past Blu-Ray. I've been into my local Target and Best Buy but they only have a version with a regular blu-ray case BUT NOT the version with the slip cover that opens as a booklet.

Does anyone know where can i get the version with the slipcover?

Or it was a FoxConnect exclusive?

I really appreciate your help!

Source: Form X-Men Movies YT Channel. IGN Stolen.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgJs95dzFE0[/YT]

Rogue absorbed Colossus' powers in the danger room in X3

Is there a consensus of whether this is better than the Theatrical Cut? I personally don't think i liked the rogue cut.

There's some good added material in The Rogue Cut (the Beast/Mystique scene, especially, is Hoult's strongest moment in the film), but I think the theatrical cut is better. Singer was right to cut down the future stuff.

i disagree.with exception of mystique at mansion i say rogue cut is better

with future scenes last stuff in original timeline that went from 200 with X-Men and ended
14 years later with DOFP I appecate them.DOFP was swan song for OT cast members inless they appear in wolverine solo film so restoring future scenes is gift to fans of original trilogy or fans of X-Men/X2.

The new Mystique/Beast scenes were not good. Worst part of the Rogue Cut.

I know we haven't had a reply on this thread for over a month now but I'm gearing up for X-Men: Apocalypse. I already watched First Class but now I'm about start watching Days of Future Past again. I loved the movie but I agree that the Rogue Cut isn't as good as the theatrical cut. That being said, I did enjoy the Rogue Cut. Which one has been officially declared canon? They are both roughly the same but the main difference I know is that Kitty, after getting accidentally hurt by Wolverine, maintains her hold on him in the theatrical version while in the Rogue Cut, they need Rogue to take her powers to keep Logan in the past. Has it ever been confirmed which is the one that is canon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"