Days of Future Past DoFP Rogue cut - Part 1

Its pretty obvious that its the theatrical version that is the canon one.

its likely up to each person to decide, there probably is nothing in apocalypse to contradict either cut

its likely up to each person to decide, there probably is nothing in apocalypse to contradict either cut

Nothing major I can see. Mystique doesn't appear to have seen the basement and Cerebro in Apocalypse though, which does contradict Rogue Cut.

Just watched the Rogue Cut again for the first time in a while. It's a fun enough alternate take, and I really like some of the added beats early on. The theatrical cut is better. Ironically I think the Rogue material is some of the weakest stuff added. The pace really suffers in the last half.

Im watching this right now and good lord, why the heck didnt they use Blink to go rescue Rogue? The Blackbird....really? They make it seem like they need her urgently, yet instead of using their teleporter, they rely on an aircraft. Speaking of which, they have Bobby explain how they never rescued her before bc she was heavily guarded and that it would be too risky, yet he goes in with two old men and get her out rather easily. They could have saved her a long time ago. I can see why Singer cut this now bc it makes no sense

ETA:

Finished watching it and i prefer the theatrical cut. I dont feel the inclusion of Rogue added anything significant to the plot or improved it. She served no purpose. She joins the team and just takes over for Kitty. She doesnt have any meaningful interactions with anyone nor does she have any cool power displays or character development. She isnt even used as a vehicle to give others development. Her section seemed like an unnecessary meander from the main plotline

I didnt get the original release bc i was waiting for this and in hindsight, that was a waste bc it wasnt worth it.

Last edited:
Had The Rogue Cut since it came out, not sure why it took me about a year to watch but I finally did. Loved it...loved the theatrical cut, not sure which one I love more.

The only thing I'd cut is the Mystique/Beast love fest when she heads to the mansion...

Just bought the Rogue Cut. I'm gonna watch it tomorrow.

Rented the Rogue Cut, loved it more than the theatrical version.

I noticed they were playing this version on FXM recently but didn't have a chance to watch it. If I own the original release on dvd is it worth checking out The Rogue Cut on Blu-day for the 20 minutes of extra footage?

I noticed they were playing this version on FXM recently but didn't have a chance to watch it. If I own the original release on dvd is it worth checking out The Rogue Cut on Blu-day for the 20 minutes of extra footage?

BR is an improvement over DVD so yeah, but Id say that for the regular version. Some prefer it but I think the Rogue Cut is worse. Its been cheap enough that Id buy it if I were you as it does come with both versions

if your fan of original trilogy watch rogue cut.if you prefer first class over ot then stick with theatical version.

rogue cut is for fans of ot.it was song song for most save for jackman and stewart who had swan song in logan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"