Days of Future Past DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in the Empire Magazine, Singer and Kinberg both said that XMA is inspired from Age of Apocalypse.

Yep I read that I was just saying there Is no 100 percent gurantee that SInister will be In APocalypse even though I do agree It's a strong possibilty.

There have proven with both FC and DOFP that assuminations can be wrong.

I don't think they need a Superbowl trailer but the next trailer is going to have to look more interesting. I'm loving the Cap footage I'm seeing and would like to see some footage of Days of Future Past that makes it look like an event. It comes out at the end of May so they don't have to release a trailer tomorrow.
I am liking what I see from SPIDEY, and I am hopeful about X-Men. But I can feel Cap in the bones. That 15 seconds of footage looks more intriguing then anything I have seen from the other two films by a lot. It looks tremendous and a great follow up effort to the great first film.

Also, it looks so Avengers heavy, it is going to intrigue a lot of the general audience. Cap, Widow, Fury.

Not sure about that. Colin can look pretty dapper when he needs to. But I want him mainly for his acting. He'll bring so much to the role. The make-up department can focus on making him look like Sinister. I just want someone who will be great in the role.

Also I don't think Jeremy Irons has any of the stuff you mentioned either. But he is a great actor too.

I know Jeremy isnt the right choice right now...... but 10-15 years ago, he would have been PERFECT.

He may not be the most handsome actor, but he has facil feattures what would look awesome with white skin and the red thing on his front

Yeah and part of me wishes they didn't. It seems a bit excessive.

Seems to have worked, the Trailer#1 surpassed both DOFP and Cap 2, either that or people just love Spider-Man more :woot:

Seems to have worked, the Trailer#1 surpassed both DOFP and Cap 2, either that or people just love Spider-Man more :woot:
Of course people watched his trailer. Everyone was aware the second movie would be coming out after the first. Cap Amer is a starter franchise and DOFP was something no one was looking for to begin with everyone knew there would be a sequel to TASM so I'm not surprised he got the most views.

I don't know why but I think Spidey looks terrible. I swear I got more thrill out of the CGI 10 years ago. Not sure what's going on there.

I predict another X trailer dropping shortly after Superbowl. Fox has a habbit of dropping things in a reactionary way, so they'll try to stiffle buzz from competetors by releasing a trailer of their own.

Same here. it doesn't excite me at all.

Anything that's not X-Men won't excite you. :o

That is simply not true and you have no concrete evidence for that. So stop posting comments like that to me. Its inappropriate and its so not nice.

I'm excited about Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the Fantastic Four reboot. Also outside of the film world, I'm highly anticipating other stuffs like Kylie Minogue's upcoming album Kiss Me Once.

Yeah I don't get the bashing of every film coming out this year that isn't DOFP by some of the people here. I want to see many of these films there is no nationalism to a certain franchise to me.

I'm not bashing every other film that is not DOFP. I just posted a positive comment about Captain America's posters yesterday. But if I'm not excited at all about another movie that is not DOFP, I'm not excited at all. And thats why you don't see me posting regularly on Captain 2 boards, TASm2 board, GOTG board, Godzilla thread, Interstellar thread. I'm not just excited, but does that mean I won't see them and not give them a chance. NOPE. Most of these films are already in my watchlist.

I'm hoping Cap 2 doesn't dumb anything down like the first one did.

Iron Man 3 and AOS haven't exactly restored my confidence, IMO they were big disappointments for me. I hope Cap 2 near the quality of Iron Man or The Avengers.

Iron Man 3 and AOS haven't exactly restored my confidence, IMO they were big disappointments for me. I hope Cap 2 near the quality of Iron Man or The Avengers.

I look forward to Winter soldier.I like the trailer more than Iron Man 3 or Thor The Dark World.And 2013 showed I should always follow my gut on films.It defently looks like it will be one of the most serious MS films.

AOS makes me worry about Avengers 2.

The Empire magazine cover release was a neat bit of promotion, but I don't see how it expands the DOFP audience away from the hardcore X-Men fan base.

If releasing 25 magazine covers featuring every individual character thus advertising new and original characters as well as fan favourites to the masses isn't expanding the audience, I don't know what is.

The next trailer needs

1) to sum up the story in a few key dialogue/action moments
2) to show quick clips of some kick-ass action
3) to show off a good selection of varied, appealing characters, not just Wolverine. I would hope some of the more interesting newcomers like Blink are featured.

Agreed. Though the first teaser did feature numerous characters

Of course people watched his trailer. Everyone was aware the second movie would be coming out after the first. Cap Amer is a starter franchise and DOFP was something no one was looking for to begin with everyone knew there would be a sequel to TASM so I'm not surprised he got the most views.

The Winter Soldier is the second Captain America movie though, not a starter franchise. It's a continuation and like Spidey it was only a matter of time that there'd be a sequel for Cap.

I loved the First Avenger but was disappointed with Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. That coupled with my dislike of Widow and SHIELD may make me wait for TWS to hit the home entertainment market, will see how reviews go.

Last edited:
Since Shield is a significant element in the storyline to The Winter Soldier ,
Why doesnt AOS make you worry about The Winter Soldier?

If releasing 25 magazine covers featuring every individual character thus advertising new and original characters as well as fan favourites to the masses isn't expanding the audience, I don't know what is.

Empire is a specialty mag with a very limited readership. "The masses" aren't collecting multiple issues and reading up on the history of the franchise like we are. It's certainly a treat for existing fans, but it will take exciting trailers and promotion that appeals to a much wider audience in order to get the general audience into theaters in late May.

Well they'll be doing trailers too. The EMPIRE thing is in addition to them, and unlike The bent bullet viral it's something that joe public would encounter.

Judging by the trailers/teasers this is what the three films are trying to get across,

Winter Soilder: "It's just like The Avengers with only two Avengers"
DOFP: "Bryan Singers back! He'll fix the stuff X3 and Origins got wrong"
TASM: "Power,Destiny,Love, Will Gwen die and... 3 Villains... ahhhhhhhhh s*** ahhhhh exposions ahhhhh s***"

Since Shield is a significant element in the storyline to The Winter Soldier ,
Why doesnt AOS make you worry about The Winter Soldier?

No not really. I saw the elevator scene and since then I have not been worried about TWS. Not to mention the fantastic trailers. I only see what could be comparable to TWS in AoS when it's the show's best moments.

That is simply not true and you have no concrete evidence for that. So stop posting comments like that to me. Its inappropriate and its so not nice.

I'm excited about Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the Fantastic Four reboot. Also outside of the film world, I'm highly anticipating other stuffs like Kylie Minogue's upcoming album Kiss Me Once.

Haha, both of those are Fox movies. I'm excited for them too though.

The Winter Soldier is the second Captain America movie though, not a starter franchise. It's a continuation and like Spidey it was only a matter of time that there'd be a sequel for Cap.

I loved the First Avenger but was disappointed with Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. That coupled with my dislike of Widow and SHIELD may make me wait for TWS to hit the home entertainment market, will see how reviews go.

There Is a certain thing like exciting fanbase and getting them Instread.

The teaser already got some of GA intrested.

The full trailer will be out later this month and considering what they revealed In Empire i think they will go all out especilly since this may be last trailer for film.

Captain America the winter soldier will get a boost from avengers the question Is how much.My gut says It will likely be less than Thor:The dark world.

My gut which told me not to get excited about iron man 3,Star Trek Into Darkness,Man of steel,and Thor the dark world Is more excited about Cap 2.

On amazing SPider-man 2 I am bit concerned on all the villains being from ultimate spider-man.With first film as 616 fan I could enjoy their take on the
Lizard.The winter soldier may have more 616 elements than Spider-man since winter soldier IS a 616 storyline despite falcon and Nick fury come from ultimate.

I like Scarlett Johansson as Black widow but i feel people have right to like or dislike characters from these films.I really wish they would have left maria hill out of winter soldier.I feel she Is pointless character so far In films.It's funny Sharon Carter Is in winter soldier yet we haven't even seen a glimpse of Emily vancamp.

At the moment, TASM 2 is the one I am the most excited for due to being a huge Spidey fan. I constantly keep up with all the news on it.

Next is Cap. I'm not a big Cap fan, but I love the political and philosophical themes they're dealing with, and the whole political thriller angle in general. There is one theme in specific that I am looking forward to seeing how they develop it. I'm keeping up with news on it, but not constantly.

Next is DOFP. I'm not really keeping up with it but I know it is coming out and think it will probably be good.

Next is Guardians. I'm "meh" on it for now. I'll see it but I'm not too invested in it. Could be good, could be bad, could be whatever. It won't cross my mind that much until it comes out.

And in last place is Bay Turtles. I will avoid it like the plague. :dry:

On amazing SPider-man 2 I am bit concerned on all the villains being from ultimate spider-man.With first film as 616 fan I could enjoy their take on the
Lizard.The winter soldier may have more 616 elements than Spider-man since winter soldier IS a 616 storyline despite falcon and Nick fury come from ultimate.

Electro is 616 minus the way he looks. GG (or Proto-Goblin or whatever you want to call him) is mostly 616. Rhino is Ultimate.

You seem to have misunderstood me so let me explain. Cap franchise is relatively new to the general public and media. Spider-Man has 5 successful films in 14 years and is Marvels flagship character. He is far more known out the gate than Captain America.

Haha, both of those are Fox movies. I'm excited for them too though.

I'm a Fox fan-boy!

But no, seriously, if there's upcoming live-action films out there for Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil that are good and true to the source material (the current Resident Evil film frachise is not). There would be more upcoming films that I would look forward to.

You seem to have misunderstood me so let me explain. Cap franchise is relatively new to the general public and media. Spider-Man has 5 successful films in 14 years and is Marvels flagship character. He is far more known out the gate than Captain America.

There has been four Spider-Man films and SM3 wasn't a success, that gives us three films to various degrees people liked.

Now Cap has First Avenger which was no Iron Man but I think the general concensus was that it was liked or atleast decent. The Avengers (which featured Cap) made more money and is more liked than any Spidey film thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"