Days of Future Past DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a sad sad number.

DOFP

180-200 domestic. 450-500 mil worldwide.

International only 250 million? Thats what The Wolverine made, DOFP is going to make more, definitly. ~600 millionen should be a save bet right now.

The people who low ball the estimations for DOFP make me LOL. :funny:

Last edited:
The same person who basically told the ones that want a Super Bowl commercial to fork no less.

DOFP

are you serious?? lol

TW almost made 300 only on the foreign market.

That gives us an idea of how much bigger DOFP will be

DOFP

When The Wolverine makes the numbers it did (US $132,556,852 / Int $282,271,394 / WW $414,828,246 ), considering how little interest there was in that film vs the amount of interest there is in DOFP, I can't see DOFP (if it's even just good) just making $35m-$85m more.

Just the novelty of the two casts, time travel, and what's sure to include some spectacular superhuman action against big robots I think around $600m (US$200m and OS$400m), give or take, is the baseline. How good the film is will dictate how far past that mark it'll go.

Like I said, there's way more interest in DOFP right now than there was in TW this time last year.

Last edited:
I am not sure about domesic number.I think the ceiling Is 280 to 290 million domesticly.And that may end up between 230 to 250 Domesticly.But it's going to be hugh overseas.I see nothing that says DOFP won't do between 300 and 400
Million overseas.

[YT]7SlILk2WMTI[/YT]

Uh, yeah. I think most are underestimating The Winter Soldier.

[YT]7SlILk2WMTI[/YT]

what does that have to do with anything?People were discussing DOFP Box office.

Edit I just saw the winter soldier trailer and my gut tells me It's better than most 2013 releases.I see none of the warning signs In Iron Man and Dark world trailers.

Last edited:
Uh, is this not the "vs. other comic book movies" thread?

[YT]7SlILk2WMTI[/YT]

Eh I still hate how cartoonish the Winter Soldier looks. :-/

Everything else is awesome though. :up:

Last edited:
When The Wolverine makes the numbers it did (US $132,556,852 / Int $282,271,394 / WW $414,828,246 ), considering how little interest there was in that film vs the amount of interest there is in DOFP, I can't see DOFP (if it's even just good) just making $35m-$85m more.

Just the novelty of the two casts, time travel, and what's sure to include some spectacular superhuman action against big robots I think around $600m (US$200m and OS$400m), give or take, is the baseline. How good the film is will dictate how far past that mark it'll go.

Like I said, there's way more interest in DOFP right now than there was in TW this time last year.

That may be true. But nothing suggest otherwise that it will break the 500 mil ceiling or whatever the ceiling is over the franchise. If it does that will be great but if it doesn't and its still a great movie then it won't matter to me. I'm still going to see it if it is below expectations or exceeds expectations.

I made a prediction and I'm sticking with it. So if it blast my expectations away I will be happy. I'm not going to predict some astronomical and it doesn't hit it, only to come back here with the sad face smiley and blame Fox and Singer for everything wrong. :)

Last edited:
just saw the Cap trailer, looks really really good.

Already looks like a better film than Ironman3 and Thor2, lol.

More grounded, more focus on the main character, and bigger action. Perfect

just saw the Cap trailer, looks really really good.

Already looks like a better film than Ironman3 and Thor2, lol.

More grounded, more focus on the main character, and bigger action. Perfect

Agreed.

Cap 2 trailer looks okay for me, I don't love it, but probably I am going to watch it in cinemas.
The new TASM 2 "enemies will unite" trailer on the other hand looks awfull as hell. At first I thought it was epic, but it got cheesier and cheesier the longer it was :S

Cap 2 trailer looks okay for me, I don't love it, but probably I am going to watch it in cinemas.
The new TASM 2 "enemies will unite" trailer on the other hand looks awfull as hell. At first I thought it was epic, but it got cheesier and cheesier the longer it was :S

From what little i can tell the green goblin looks a little too much like new goblin from Spider-man for my tastes.

From what little i can tell the green goblin looks a little too much like new goblin from Spider-man for my tastes.

I don't even know new goblin and have no BIG problem with the goblinlook, but the "you forgot my name -> i destroy everything" motive, well, it's kinda dumb. :D

The Transformers teaser was good.

So, waiting on Fox to play the game!..........

I don't even know new goblin and have no BIG problem with the goblinlook, but the "you forgot my name -> i destroy everything" motive, well, it's kinda dumb. :D

I don't have a problem with that.Especily with SPidey acting more classic Spidey.

The comedy in Spidey 2 trailer is really forced. I'm worried about this more than anything. Garfield's Spidey (his voice) did not impress me from part 1.:csad:

Though I agree. Crazier things have been known to be motivations for villians. We also don't know the full context of the scene so I'll give it more time before I rush to judgment. Maybe wait until they inevitably release that scene as a first look.

not impressed with Transformers spot.

I thought it would show heavy shots, but was more of the same, even with the new robots, ironically.

Now Fox has a chance to impress the net with XMen trailer, either today or next week. fingers crossed Singer has delivered with the Sentinels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"