Days of Future Past DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitestone (RIP)?

Edit: this was in response to Danny. Not sure why the quote didn't come through. :o

The Winter Soilder was a great film. Not sure where the "it lacked heart" or "Cap was too cold" comments are coming from as I think it had plenty of heart (although the Peggy scene needed much more room to breathe). And as for Cap being cold if you found out everything you died for was being compromised you'd be a bit cold and pissed off as well, his speech in the end was classic Cap showing he hadn't lost his faith in humanity.

The X-Men trailer didn't show for us which upset me but I'm going to a different theater to see TWS in IMAX so I hope it'll show there. And it looks to be a very strong summer I just hope DOFP doesn't get lost in the mix (which is why I originally wanted it to have a Winter/Xmas release).

Saw CapAm:TWS 8.5/10. Great movie I just think some of the scripting needed work but it was acted fantastically. Also the Winter Soldier I felt looked too much like a Power Rangers villain and they did not focus enough on him and Caps relationship IMO but other than that it was a fine film.

Saw Cap tonite. They only showed Godzilla and GOTG trailer (is showing 2 trailers a thing now?!). Ugh.

There were probably only 40 people in the theatre, which is rather bizarre for a first Saturday and this being the only showing on that time.

Oh and btw, the movie stopped (the highway scene), not sure what exactly happened, and so we weren't able to finish the movie. We got two passes each.

Thank god I've already seen the flick, otherwise I'd be more pissed. Maybe another try with the DOFP trailer tomorrow.

If I were you, you should just wait for Rio 2. I'm sure the trailer for DOFP will be attached to that film.

You're assuming I would want to watch Rio 2. :oldrazz:

It showed at my theater along with every other big summer blockbuster I wanted to see this year psylockolussos. I want to watch Cap again just as much for the trailers as the movie. :woot:

You're assuming I would want to watch Rio 2. :oldrazz:

Well if you really want to catch DOFP's trailer, Rio 2 is probably your best chance to catch it in the big screen. Rio 2 is being distributed by 20th Century Fox.

When i watched Cap2. I saw the trailers for Son of God, Malificent, Spider-Man 2, 22 Jump Street and GOTG (being the last one and the person beside me was like "Who's that" and even if they saw the Marvel logo, they were like "what?". I think they shown more trailers but I couldn't remember the titles of those films.

I saw it with Winter Soldier so I don't think that is the case. Personally I just think it's arbitrary depending on what theaters you go to.

Well I was talking to Endzone and he already watched the Winter Soldier twice and he still haven't seen the trailer for DOFP. So thats why I suggested to watch Rio 2.

I love X-Men, but I won't be going to see Rio 2 for any reason haha

More like sneak in for the previews. Then leave to see something else. :hehe:

The Winter Soldier has officially set the bar for movie season. Caught that baby in IMAX 3D. They unfortunately played the first DOFP trailer, not in 3D for some reason. Also got GOTG, that ScarJo film, Spidey2(**** YEAH! Something else on the big screen), and the Godzilla trailer which scared the piss out of my friend.

Saw The Winter Soldier last night and it was a fantastic movie! Probably one of Marvel Studio's best.

We got the new DOFP trailer with it - got some great reaction from people in the audience.

Whitestone (RIP)?

Edit: this was in response to Danny. Not sure why the quote didn't come through. :o

Fordham Road, I think. Only because my dad always refers to Star Wars as, "We saw it at that theater back on Fordham Road..." I remember taking a bus to the theater.

We went back to see Star Wars so many times that I remember leaving after one show and my mom saying, "OK, that's IT. Next time we're seeing another movie!" :funny:

TWS was an amazing movie. It really set the bar for the other 3 Marvel movies to follow this summer.

Given the almost universal praise it has gotten I don't see any of those three being viewed with such high regard.

I foresee a lot of "it was good but not TWS good" and "TWS reigns supreme" and so forth in the coming months.

That's not a slight on TWS, but when the first out of the gate is placed on such a pedestal no others will match it.

I got the old DOFP trailer with TWS. Kind of weird, no?

Sun_Down I think that happened to someone else here too. It is kind of weird... does anyone know why trailer attachment is so arbitrary in films?

Given the almost universal praise it has gotten I don't see any of those three being viewed with such high regard.

I'm slightly worried about how would the critics review DOFP. I'm just used to First Class to being the best reviewed superhero film of 2011. And if DOFP doesn't even come close to Captain America 2's very high Rotten Tomatoes rating, I would feel a little sad about it. No offense to the other comic-book films of 2014, but as a X-Men fan, I always want to see the X-Men movies to be #1 in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"