Days of Future Past DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point. All I'm saying is that Spider-Man and Batman are so far the most profitable CB characters. So I don't expect TASM2 to make any less than the first.

I'd put Iron Man up there too. But otherwise. I agree 100% :up:

as of right now, Ironman has become bigger than Spiderman.

lets wait for next year to see what happen, both with Spiderman and X-Men ;)

well, both Avengers and Ironman 3 are 1 billion dollar movies.

So the point is the same.

as of right now, Ironman has become bigger than Spiderman.

lets wait for next year to see what happen, both with Spiderman and X-Men ;)

That statement makes no sense. Iron Man was featured in the third biggest movie of all time, has TV shows and a the merchandising and marketing of the gods.

Spiderman was a reboot (which tend to go down in gross). Now has a popular TV show, maintains strong popularity and toy and merchandise sales are the strongest (or 2nd next to iron man from time to time) of any superhero, and with a new movie coming out and disney/Sony being friends it's bound to get more huge (disney do the merchandising). Xmen has none of those

Last edited:
what made no sense?

I was comparing Ironman and Spiderman.

It makes sense cause Iron Man 3 is the fifth highest grossing movie of all time WW. He beat all the Spider-Man and Batman flicks.

He is just as marketable (if not more) and popular in terms of film right now then Batman and Spider-Man.

Last edited:
It makes sense cause Iron Man 3 is the fifth highest grossing movie of all time WW. He beat all the Spider-Man and Batman flicks.

He is just as marketable (if not more) in terms of film right now then Batman and Spider-Man.

True but he's still not as iconic as those two.

True but he's still not as iconic as those two.

I agree with that to some extent. But I think it depends on what people grew up with. Kids and teens right now are def gonna see Iron Man as iconic as those two. As time goes on Disney is gonna make Avengers part of their parks and travel. They will be all over the place. That's a luxury the other studios don't have and it will make a difference on how these characters are looked at in the future.

But yeah for me no question Bats and Spidey are more iconic. Doesn't mean Iron Mans not as big in popularity though.

Last edited:
I think with what Angamb was trying to say it makes perfect sense. Regardless if you think he isnt as iconic as Batman and Spiderman, including Iron Man those are the CBM that have done the best is all that i believe he was trying to say. He wasnt saying IM was as iconic as Batman or Spiderman.

exactly.

I made an obvious point, Ironman has two 1 billion movies and its the latest superhero to appear on the big screen.

Kids and teenagers know it perfectly right now.

exactly.

I made an obvious point, Ironman has two 1 billion movies and its the latest superhero to appear on the big screen.

Kids and teenagers know it perfectly right now.
I understand you Angamb

I think DOFP and TASM2 will make the most in their franchises.

I think DOFP and TASM2 will make the most in their franchises.
i hope so because i am rooting for DOFP, i kind of feel that the franchise lies on its shoulders if it does well or not will decide whether they will keep pushing with this or whether they will give it a break. Sadly i havent seen the TASM so I have no idea what im missing or will be with TASM2.

TASM2 has a fantastic WW release date. In the UK no other film comes out untill over a month!

what's the release date of X-Men on there?

oh, so Sony moved up Spiderman on UK then.

So more than a month of difference with X-Men, great!

I thought the date was similar in all nations other than US? Should be the same for Spain.

Spain doesnt use to have early screenings.

some Marvel movies yes, I think, but most movies come the same weekend as USA or later (smaller movies and so)

936full-emma-stone.jpg

This should be the poster for TASM2. I bet it'll hit 1 billion fast!

we also don't get Captain America 2 until May 2. Disney could be planning something here

Looks like we're gonna get 3 Marvel films 2-3 weeks apart. Ridiculous scheduling, but Cap won't face any major competition for 2 weeks (3 if Godzilla turns into a stinker). Looks like Disney and Sony have some sort of agreement down with the dates, this seems all too convenient. By time DOFP comes out there would have been 2 major marvel films and 1 coming out in the same month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back