Agent Carter Dominic Cooper IS Howard Stark

fixxxer

...goes to 11
Reaction score
My favorite Stark! Well, other than Arya. :)

Now that Hayley Atwell seems to have let the cat out of the bag with regard to Dominic Cooper's involvement in the series, we know Howard Stark's character will show up, and will bridge some of the gap between CA:TFA and the Iron Man man films. Hopefully, he's a series regular (co-lead, even) and won't just be popping in and out as a guest star.

So, how do you expect he'll be characterized? The Howard Stark we saw in CA:TFA seemed like a young, carefree genius. The Howard Stark in Iron Man 2 seemed like a jaded, somewhat tortured genius. I'm wondering if we get the seeds of that particular character progression on the show.

Also, in the comics, I believe his character is loosely based on Howard Hughes. I'm wondering how much they'll adapt from that, um, adaptation.

I'm totally psyched for more Howard Stark in the MCU, and I'm pretty sure all of you are as well.

Discuss!

Also, in the comics, I believe his character is loosely based on Howard Hughes. I'm wondering how much they'll adapt from that, um, adaptation.

That would be a neat way to go, going off the grid for years to find out about HYDRA's presence in SHIELD and ending up getting assassinated for learning too much. Maybe that could explain his absence in Tony's life as a child.

well Tony has his complaints about his father, bits and pieces of info of the man we see and referred to in the three Iron Man films and Avengers (possibly Avengers 2 as well?) and then of course we see the young Howard version in Cap 1 and the AC 1-shot. i would like for the writers to build a more complete picture of Howard Stark as well as his business empire-- i mean that didnt happen overnight. they have an excellent choice in Dominic Cooper, and i really hope Marvel makes him a good offer to return. no more cheapskates move Marvel, you KNOW you will make money out of another Stark hero hand over fist.

That would be a neat way to go, going off the grid for years to find out about HYDRA's presence in SHIELD and ending up getting assassinated for learning too much. Maybe that could explain his absence in Tony's life as a child.

What a fascinating idea!

I still love Howard as a bad father figure than a good one but I love that idea too.

You could even make Howard the creator of the first illuminati when he inevitably gets tired of taking orders from agent carter

It's great that we will have his character further developed and don't forget the Jon Slattery version will also be showing up in Ant-Man.

I wonder if we will see Dominic's Howard eventually move more towards Slattery's older version like McAvoy's Xavier is moving towards Stewart's version in the X-Men franchise?

I wish they'd phase out Slattery's Howard and use Dominic with age makeup, but judging by Ant-Man thats not looking likely at this point.

That short scene they showed with the boat was great, and I'm really excited to have Dominic back as Howard.

You know it's weird to think agent carter is probably the only woman howard stark respects...including Maria

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"