Domino Casting

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by def28, Feb 15, 2016.

1. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Well assuming you aren't talking about her actual skin tone (which obviously isn't black) with a white tattoo and are talking about black body paint, I don't see why they'd do it. Might as well paint the actor the color that the character actually is.

2. Rowsdower! Registered

Not familiar with the actress, but good for her! I still need to watch Atlanta. Also, that manip there is amazing. Hopefully she'll look like that in the film.

3. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

Why the POC women always gotta be an 'alien' race? :o

BossLogic already had that covered when Kerry W was rumored.

Also, Zazie is a great catch...still iffy on if they decide to make her albino.

4. warbird Registered

Someone should do a poll on whether or not Zazie is a great choice for Domino. I'd love to see the results. Maybe I'll make one.

5. -JKR- Registered

Most people don't even know her work, so the poll would be mostly made of people who are upset that their preferred actress didn't get the role.

6. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I trust casting directors over fanboys any day of the week.

7. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Considering that reports said that they screentested nearly everybody who I wanted with the sole exception of Eva Green, they clearly made the right choice since she outclassed all of them.

At the very least, they didn't cast Ruby Rose who IMO really deserves to take over for Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

8. StarLord < < < < < < <

I agree.

9. Smilodon Registered

Not to mention they've screen tested for the roles. Zazie was clearly the one who had the most chemistry with Ryan and perhaps Nate's actor as well. As great as MEWs or Mackenzie Davis would've been on paper, they just didn't have the chemistry for the role. Or maybe Zazie just blew everyone out of the water in the same way Dafne Keen did.

She's a great up and comer and easily could be the X-franchise's new Fassy and JLaw.

10. Areisius Registered

Jaylah is a new Star Trek character whereas Domino has been in the Marvel universe since 1991. Oh, and Jaylah is an alien not a human like Domino.

11. Areisius Registered

Question about Domino: does she wear makeup or is that her skin color? I believe she wears white makeup but it doesn't state anything about her skin color in her bio.

12. def28 Registered

It's definitely not makeup.Unless there was some huge retcon somewhere I don't know about. Her family have the same features. Her Mother and Brother have the chalk white skin while her and her brother (who was genetically engineered) have the blackspot.

It's either a result of her mutation or has to do with experimentation. But I'd say the money is on mutation. The blackspot was a mark made by project Armageddon, all test subjects were given it.

Given that pretty much every mutant has had experimentation, her background remains a lil blurry to me since it's been awhile. But yeah, definitely not makeup from what I have read in the past.

#237 def28, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  13. Abudefduf Registered

Zazie Beets... never heard of her before. Personally, I don't care which race the actress playing the character is, as long as Domino still looks like Domino and has the chalk-white skin and the black spot on the eye. Wouldn't mind if they kept Zazie's natural hair though, it's glorious.

14. JP Smelly

I'm with you.

15. Erik Lensherr Registered

16. Smilodon Registered

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...on-domino-cable-and-new-director-david-leitch

Rhett and Paul on Zazie. Very excited to see how she plays off Ryan.