Deadpool 2 Domino Casting

Saving MEW for maybe....Abigail Brand.

She's had such a fantastic steady film career but has always needed that one movie to give her that break. And her name has come up before in comic related movies. Wish she got it. Now she's doing more TV work.

I can see why Hugh Jackman does not want to do a Deadpool and Wolverine movie.

I can see why Hugh Jackman does not want to do a Deadpool and Wolverine movie.

Cause he's retired as the character and it was bad timing. Otherwise he would have.

Last edited:
Do you guys think some people might get angry that a black woman will probably be plastered in white make-up for the role?

I kid you not Leo brought up RDJ in Tropic Thunder to reassure me this is practically the same thing.

I kid you not Leo brought up RDJ in Tropic Thunder to reassure me this is practically the same thing.

I just don't get it! Every single time a non Caucasian is cast in any ****ing thing it's a problem.

White ppl just don't like black ppl it is what is i think

You don't need to be Caucasian to wear WHITE (Which Caucasian are not) Make Up

jaylah.jpg

A reminder to everyone....uncensored cursing is not allowed on the HYPE....even if hidden behind spoiler tags.

I just don't get it! Every single time a non Caucasian is cast in any ****ing thing it's a problem.
It's race-swapping in general.
RDJ in Tropic Thunder was supposed to be satirizing that. It's supposed to be an offensive joke like a lot of the jokes in that movie.
It's not remotely similar.

Well Zazie is half white so the racebending rage brigade should only be half mad this time :rimshot:

Does not matter if she's half white,if she does not look it then she's not white unless this is just a woman thing.
I am cool with her I never had an Ideal choice for Domino.

Does not matter if she's half white,if she does not look it then she's not white unless this is just a woman thing.
I am cool with her I never had an Ideal choice for Domino.

The rimshot emoticon should've been a clue that I was joking. Not to mention the phrase "half mad"...that isn't a thing as far as I know.

I was stoked by the possibility of Janelle. She's a terrific actress.

But Zazie Beetz is great, too. I'm very pleased.

what i read on news sites under comments:
-she is black
-she is half black
-domino in the comics is white with white make-up
-will a black looking actress wear white make up? isnt this offensive?

Its official. i am to old for the internet or something changed in the last 11 years since i am visting movie and superhero sites.

-she is black
-she is half black

Its official. i am to old for the internet or something changed in the last 11 years since i am visting movie and superhero sites.

It's a little bit of both. And it's something I've been thinking about a lot lately. The constant, often undeserved, negativity has gotten a bit too much for me. It often puts me in a bad mood, and of course we all know that once the movie is released, there's a great chance that the same people who are hating on the casting decision will be drooling all over Zazie Beetz, and suggesting her for every other female action role.

-she is black
-she is half black

Only change I've seen is the negativity has gone down slightly over the years, lol. I mean some of the crazy stuff I read on this forum and others when Kerry Washington was cast as Alicia Masters for example. Or Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. Or Idris Elba as Heimdall. The list goes on...

-she is black
-she is half black

since it's fox film it will continue to be issue till this film is released.

it's not much of issue for me.i know nothing of the actress so i have to wait for film to see how she will be as domino.

For the whiners: Under the tons of make up, sure it will be visible the original skin colour of the actress. And btw I hope that everybody knows that Gamora aka Zoe Saldana is black...

I wonder if they'll flip it around so to speak and have a white eye tattoo over black skin?

For the whiners: Under the tons of make up, sure it will be visible the original skin colour of the actress. And btw I hope that everybody knows that Gamora aka Zoe Saldana is black...

Yup and Oscar winner, Lupita Nyong'o was relegated to some mo-cap monstrosity in Star Wars. So yeah, it could be a lot worse.

I wonder if they'll flip it around so to speak and have a white eye tattoo over black skin?

That may work. I think it was clear they were testing any race as long as she was good for the role. I have faith they chose the right person for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"