Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Heath Ledger taught you guys nothing? Don't judge an actor - especially not one as talented as Don Cheadle - without seeing footage first. I thought Heath's resounding success would put an end to the, "<Insert actor> is not good for <Insert character.>"

*sigh*

I agree :up:

And since it's Don Cheadle, they could have casted him as Pepper, and I'd still be optimistic. The guy is just unbelievably talented, and I don't know that he always gets the recognition that he deserves.

I don't think anyone dislikes the choice of Cheadle, it's the ****ing with continuity that's the issue here. It probably won't be an issue, and I'm really most interested to hear what Favs has to say about this whole affair.

I don't think anyone dislikes the choice of Cheadle, it's the ****ing with continuity that's the issue here. It probably won't be an issue, and I'm really most interested to hear what Favs has to say about this whole affair.
I understand the continuity issue completely, but I've seen more than a handful of posts expressing doubt about Cheadle's ability to play Rhodes.

Cheadle is a great actor, but I just don't see him as Rhodey. It just doesn't seem right to me, maybe because Howard had a better understanding of Jimmy and protrayed him well.

So I'm meh about it now until I see him in action, he could surprise me.:csad:

Has anyone mentioned Michael Jai White yet?

The obvious choise imo.

Why should he be mentioned? Cheadle is cast. End of Story.

Also I think that Jai White is a mediocre to bad actor.

Cuba Gooding Jr would have been sweet... but I am not gonna complain one bit with Don.

NOT correct. The same people think Paramount is casting Thor and Captain America. Just because their name is on the front of the movie doesn't mean they are in charge. They only distribute the film.

Smug much?

Um...they're not the only ones who reported that Paramount bought Faverau a car...

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=13227

...Which they got from WENN (World Entertainment News Network)

Has Heath Ledger taught you guys nothing? Don't judge an actor - especially not one as talented as Don Cheadle - without seeing footage first. I thought Heath's resounding success would put an end to the, "<Insert actor> is not good for <Insert character.>"

*sigh*

Don't include me there, in your generalization

Agreed. I also have no problem with Cheadle, he'll be as good, probably BETTER than Howard.

Its just the matter of continuity that irks me. It wont ruin the film for me, its just distracting.

TDK got away with it IMO, because Rachel wasn't the main focus of the film. Dent, Gordon, Bats and Joker were. She was integral sure, but not the primary focus. I'm pretty sure War Machine will have a pretty substantial role in part II.

Like I said before, this is the equivalent of recasting Gordon in Nolan's bat films.

Not happy about the change at all. I like Howard a lot in the film, and I always hate continuity technicalities like this. Pretty lame.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm fine with seeing both actors play War Machine.

NOT correct. The same people think Paramount is casting Thor and Captain America. Just because their name is on the front of the movie doesn't mean they are in charge. They only distribute the film.

Smug much?

So, even though that article clearly refers to Paramount presenting the car to Favreau, it was actually Marvel that did so? :huh: Because, you said so? Do you have a link to an article that states that Marvel was the one that actually did so? Until you provide one, I'm just going to have to go with the article that states Paramount did this gesture, over your words with no link that claims it was Marvel.

Horse **** news!

I'll miss Howard. I'm sure the new guy will be fine but it's just gonna be weird.

It could be worse. What if RDJ was being replaced? -_- I'd cry.

I actually think that he embodies James Rhodes more than Howard. I think he will be a better balance to RDJ as well.

Listen, I don't think anyone is really doubting Cheadle as a performer. I think a lot of us are just shocked and confused about this, and some of those are knee-jerk reactions.

I think we didn't really expect this to happen. In 2007, Favreau said Howard was the guy they wanted to play War Machine, and now that looks like it's not going to happen. Howard did give a sort of indie credibility to the movie and that's really undeniable.

I don't want to make assumptions or throw anyone under the bus because we don't really know what happened here. Regardless, I am upset that Howard isn't returning.

I mean a lot of people here were throwing Marvel under the bus after the Favreau rumors were circulating when now it looks like Favreau is directing it.

Would have liked to have had Terrence but Dons not bad. Terrences kids and nephews will be very sad.

according to the Hollywood Reporter, Marvel and Howard could not come to terms financially....I think Marvel is at the point where they aren't going to overpay to keep someone around....unlike regular movie-making where a big name might be needed to get people in the door, A CBF is different because the character is the draw and the actors ability to portray said character..

I am not a fan of changing actors mid-franchise. I never liked it, even in the Bat-verse, where it seems to come part and parcel. Howard must have asked for a grip for them to be like, "**** it, we can get another black guy." Makes no sense, still.

^^^how about NO...let's keep the **** fan art in the **** fan art/fiction section....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"