Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should just have RDJ play both Rhodes and Stark. He can pull it off.

didn't think it was funny in tropic thunder and it would be an even worse idea in this movie.

Cuba Gooding Jr would have been my guy... he has played in military roles in the past and looks more like Howard. And he wanted to be in a Marvel film from what I believe. Don Cheadle looks a lot like the cartoon version or recent IM comic War Machine but he is such a stark contrast from Howard. It's just one of those things that is really annoying.

I really hate this move, because it seems like Howard left due to money and I don't understand why Marvel won't just pay him. This also throws continuity into a whack. Maybe I'll warm up to this cast change but for now, it's definitely a black eye for IM2.

I wonder did Marvel studios just lowball him on the dough.. I figured they had already locked him in for 3 films like Downey.. as usual, a brother gets the "expendable" role..

Hmmmm.....Howard seemed a little too soft....I think Don will pull it off..but Howard seemed "soft" in a few of his movies...like The Brave One,Hustle and Flow,just something about him doesn't play Mr.Kick yer ass...except maybe in the movie "Crash".....I dunno.....:wow:

I really hate this move, because it seems like Howard left due to money and I don't understand why Marvel won't just pay him. This also throws continuity into a whack. Maybe I'll warm up to this cast change but for now, it's definitely a black eye for IM2.

Exactly how I feel. Howard did a great job with the first film. He just wanted his pay. I don't know about the negotiations, but I'm definitely not going to claim that he was greedy when Marvel tried to **** the director that provided a hit movie for them.

I want IM2 to be as good as it can be. If they're willing to throw away anybody attached to the film, what next? Who's next? :down

We'll probably hear more things like this from other films they have coming down the pipeline.

Cheadle will be fine.

On an unrelated superhero movie matter...the movie I'd really like to see him in, that he's been talking about for years, is the Miles Davis story. He was kind of a superhero of the jazz world. That'd be a great movie. I think he's probably a bit too old now though.

Cheadle will be fine.

On an unrelated superhero movie matter...the movie I'd really like to see him in, that he's been talking about for years, is the Miles Davis story. He was kind of a superhero of the jazz world. That'd be a great movie. I think he's probably a bit too old now though.

get spike lee to direct..

Well, since we'll never see him again, then he might as well would be.

-TNC

He'll be in other movies dude.

Reminds me of that episode of "Fresh Prince" when a new actress is brought in to play Will Smith's mom. Will Smith in the episode, upon seeing her for the first time, says something to the effect of, "did you lose weight?" :woot:

And Cheadle WAS in Fresh Prince. It all makes sense now! :wow:

Uh...it was Will's aunt, not his mom. He lived with his aunt and uncle on the show.

Cheadle is nice and all but he just seems so left field, he doesnt even look like Howard. AT all.

:huh: Why does that matter? None of the people who played Batman look alike.

good riddance? what has TH done to deserve that?

He played the part like a sissy. I thought he was the worst part of the movie. A military type he was not. Every role he has comes off the same. As stated many times in this thread, watching him yell for Tony was downright dreadful. The part needs a more masculine persona as well as some personality.

Hmmmm.....Howard seemed a little too soft....I think Don will pull it off..but Howard seemed "soft" in a few of his movies...like The Brave One,Hustle and Flow,just something about him doesn't play Mr.Kick yer ass...except maybe in the movie "Crash".....I dunno.....:wow:

And Don Cheadle looks "Mr. Kick Ass"? The last role Don Cheadle played that had ANY sort of toughness to it was as Rocket in "Colors." He's a great actor, but not an action star. I'd rather see Michael Jai White do his 3rd comic book movie (Spawn/TDK) than Cheadle. Cheadle doesn't even resemble any versions of Jim Rhodes I've ever seen, he lacks height and build. Don Cheadle should play "smart guys", not "tough guys."

tuh-naaay.. toneeey..

someone help me with the phonetics

I though Howard did a good job as Rhodey and am sad to see him go for continuity's sake and over such a stupid reason as money. However, they could have done much worse recasting this role. Cheadle is a great actor and should be great in the role. As for Cheadle not looking like Howard, Maggie Gylenhal doesn't look like Katie Holmes.

^Yeah--the only thing that bothered me about Howard was his voice, not a big deal.

And Don Cheadle looks "Mr. Kick Ass"? The last role Don Cheadle played that had ANY sort of toughness to it was as Rocket in "Colors." He's a great actor, but not an action star. I'd rather see Michael Jai White do his 3rd comic book movie (Spawn/TDK) than Cheadle. Cheadle doesn't even resemble any versions of Jim Rhodes I've ever seen, he lacks height and build. Don Cheadle should play "smart guys", not "tough guys."

So you have to be buff to be tough? Please. And you should watch Traitor if you think he's never done action. Or Devil In A Blue Dress.

Not to mention Howard had no action in the first IM movie so there is no guarantee that Cheadle would have any in the sequel. It's a supporting role...Downey Jr. is the star.

Whocares how big Cheadle is? It's not like RDJ is some hulking figure.

Tony isn't that built in the comics, either. The concerns shouldn't be so much about whether he resembles Howard as they should be whether he resembles Rhodes. That's where my concern begins- to me, Cheadle doesn't look much like Rhodes, whereas I always felt Robert Downey was pretty much born for his role.

Maybe that won't be an issue because his performance will be that great, but...I don't know. I'm just hoping that this current rush to a release date is still going to give us a quality film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"